Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

I haven't really being paying attention to the goings-on at Kelty tbh but these signings are absolutely 1st class for Lowland League level.  Easton and Reilly have been stand-outs in the games I've seen them play in this season. Anything other than a Championship win with this calibre of player would be an abject failure. I'm certain that even Bazza will be able to achieve that.

Do Kelty fans truly understand how good these guys are for this level?

11 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Great move for young Ross Jardine.  

Ross is a great prospect. I suppose Barry was influenced by Ross’ uncle Sandy being one of his heroes ;)

27 minutes ago, Super Elgin City said:

Mental money to be spending on a non-league club. If they don't win the league with that squad it will never happen

Guess if you’ve got it spend it. There’s no guarantees though. The Shire look like they mean business and East Kilbride did the business with ease last year. 

10 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Ross is a great prospect. I suppose Barry was influenced by Ross’ uncle Sandy being one of his heroes ;)

You're either at the wind up or getting mixed up in yer auld age was it no the other laddie that played for ww that was Sandy's nephew  ? 

8 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

You're either at the wind up or getting mixed up in yer auld age was it no the other laddie that played for ww that was Sandy's nephew  ? 

Big Jack ? 

8 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

No you’re right it’s auld age, what was that boy called again, the big tall guy in the U20s?

ETA - aye Jack Jarvis  Jardine.

Edited by The Mantis

Guess if you’ve got it spend it. There’s no guarantees though. The Shire look like they mean business and East Kilbride did the business with ease last year. 
Aye I agree 100% if the money is there go for a big push to get into the senior leagues. As you say no guarantees but they have got one hell of a chance now.

Outrageous signings.

Has to be asked if it's actually worth it though? For the amount of money they must be handing out, and the amount of time itll take to reach League One, which is where the  bigger crowds/prize money, comes in, surely this is a gamble?

4 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Reilly & Easton setting up Austin is the stuff dreams are made of for League One never mind Lowland League.

Absolutely criminal they are down that low, but all the best to them!
will no doubt see them up the leagues again soon.

Remember the hundreds of goals they set up for us over the last 2 years...don't believe the hype guys.

17 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Keltys average league crowd this season was 387 so its already comparable to some teams in SPFL division 2, that will increase next season. The best supported teams in SPFL2 were averaging just over 600 this season, its perfectly feasible for Kelty as a club to average 500+ for home games in SPFL division 2. They are a long way away from division 1 the guys in charge know this.

It might be a gamble, but if it is i am sure there will be a back up plan if it doesn't work

So Nathan Austin is leaving Inverness Caley for Lowland football for obviously more money than a championship side can pay? Your stating that Keltys  average is 387 how an earth are they affording to pay these wages along with the other players like Easton etc based on those crowds ? Just say Kelty don’t get promoted next season what happens then ? A huge risk IMO