Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

9 minutes ago, The Informer said:

I don’t know where the cash comes from, and to be honest I’m not too bothered. My point was about the sustainability of such an approach, and given the figures rumoured to be being paid, is it next season or bust?

In terms of sustainability, the club is well run. It's well known they have a backer also, but they are smart with sponsors and as mentioned, decent attendances for this level.

They are certainly going for it next season, but it's not next season or bust, imo.

Although many criticise Kelty are spending the money, for lack of a better term, people need to remember the club is building for the long term also, new stand, ground improvements, youth team etc.

24 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

In terms of sustainability, the club is well run. It's well known they have a backer also, but they are smart with sponsors and as mentioned, decent attendances for this level.

They are certainly going for it next season, but it's not next season or bust, imo.

Although many criticise Kelty are spending the money, for lack of a better term, people need to remember the club is building for the long term also, new stand, ground improvements, youth team etc.

I don't have a problem with Kelty, or any club, getting money from a backer to sign players they couldn't otherwise afford. It's been done at East Fife before and at most clubs at one point to some degree. As long as it's done reponsibly, it doesn't always mean the club are going to hit financial trouble later one.

What I think folk do tend to take issue with is supporters who pretend it isn't happening. If (big IF) Kelty do bring these players in, it will not be because of their corwds, their advertising, shrewd financial management, moving on a handful of players who wouldn't get a game in the SPFL to "balance the books". It's because somone is financially backing them. whether that's through cash or subsidising wages.

Has someone in Kelty won the lottery? Barry Ferguson won't come too cheap and some of the rumoured signings certainly won't be paid for on Kelty's gate receipts! I'm hoping you can come up to the SPFL all the same and not end up like Balingry

I think it's very unfair to compare the Kelty project to the likes of Ballingry and Gretna. As has been pointed out, there's a massive difference in that the infrastructure is being put in place and not just spunked on a good squad. In saying that, if those are the 6 players incoming - they certainly won't be cheap and questions are rightly being asked.

Good luck to KH and hopefully get to play you guys the season after next in the league.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

I don't have a problem with Kelty, or any club, getting money from a backer to sign players they couldn't otherwise afford. It's been done at East Fife before and at most clubs at one point to some degree. As long as it's done reponsibly, it doesn't always mean the club are going to hit financial trouble later one.

What I think folk do tend to take issue with is supporters who pretend it isn't happening. If (big IF) Kelty do bring these players in, it will not be because of their corwds, their advertising, shrewd financial management, moving on a handful of players who wouldn't get a game in the SPFL to "balance the books". It's because somone is financially backing them. whether that's through cash or subsidising wages.

Who's pretending it isn't happening? It's well known.

I really don't see any issues in Kelty spending money in achieving their goals. 

Would be silly not to. You seem to be concerned if the risk pays off or not, which I'm saying whether it does or doesn't. Kelty are still in a good place from things I've previously mentioned. 

It's really up to the club on what they pay their players but the attraction imo is more than money. 

Highly ambitious club with arguably one of the best set ups in Scottish football at this level. 

Just now, RampantFM said:

Who's pretending it isn't happening? It's well known.

Well, when it's been suggested, people have come up with excuses like "we're moving on 4 players though", "the club does well with advertising", "we had some crowds above 300 last season though". Those are very clearly not the reasons Kelty would be able to afford some of the players they're rumoured to be in for. It's silly, that's all I'm saying.

Just now, RampantFM said:

I really don't see any issues in Kelty spending money in achieving their goals. 

Would be silly not to. You seem to be concerned if the risk pays off or not, which I'm saying whether it does or doesn't. Kelty are still in a good place from things I've previously mentioned. 

It's really up to the club on what they pay their players but the attraction imo is more than money. 

Highly ambitious club with arguably one of the best set ups in Scottish football at this level. 

Literally said I don't have an issue with and don't think that's what most other folk would take issue with.

Have said absolutely nothing about whether it will pay off or not, or whether it's sensible or not.

Are you sure you're not replying to what you imagined I must think, rather than what I actually said?

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Well, when it's been suggested, people have come up with excuses like "we're moving on 4 players though", "the club does well with advertising", "we had some crowds above 300 last season though". Those are very clearly not the reasons Kelty would be able to afford some of the players they're rumoured to be in for. It's silly, that's all I'm saying.

Literally said I don't have an issue with and don't think that's what most other folk would take issue with.

Have said absolutely nothing about whether it will pay off or not, or whether it's sensible or not.

Are you sure you're not replying to what you imagined I must think, rather than what I actually said?

The first comment you made...

Great for the LL, however you have to wonder at the spending levels and sustainability  in relation to the level Kelty are at? Fair play to them though, I just think it’s got the potential to go wrong.

It seems you are in fact taking an issue with it with statements like "Those are very clearly not the reasons Kelty would be able to afford some of the players they're rumoured to be in for"

Whether true or not. 

Clearly there is a good financial backer at kelty with good business sense as the changes over last 3 - 4 seasons are unquestionably and looks like they are pushing it out a bit  if these signings are true but at end of the day the current squad couldn’t lay  a glove on EK who in return were spanked  by cove so along way to go for us yet

Its strange no one asks where the £150,000 for the new seated stand come from last season but as soon as a few big players are linked its "where does the money come from?" "is it sustainable" etc. If it becomes unsustainable for any club they cut their cloth, main thing is theres no debt from any investment attached to the Football Club which there isnt at Kelty unlike a host of other clubs at all levels.

Investing in the facilities is as important of having a squad that can challenge, its been happening the past 5 years at Kelty Hearts.

16 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

The first comment you made...

Great for the LL, however you have to wonder at the spending levels and sustainability  in relation to the level Kelty are at? Fair play to them though, I just think it’s got the potential to go wrong.

It seems you are in fact taking an issue with it with statements like "Those are very clearly not the reasons Kelty would be able to afford some of the players they're rumoured to be in for"

Whether true or not. 

That wasn't me. It was The Informer... se quote below.

13 hours ago, The Informer said:

5 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

That wasn't me. It was The Informer... se quote below.

Apologies. That was my mistake! 

Sorry, bud. 

Edit - Just so used to seeing the topic brought up on this forum so much, comments regarding finance are usually along the same lines...

Edited by RampantFM

8 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

Apologies. That was my mistake! 

Sorry, bud. 

Edit - Just so used to seeing the topic brought up on this forum so much, comments regarding finance are usually along the same lines...

No worries.

Genuinely would like to see Kelty do well. I thought it was a really bold move to be the first to jump into the EoS and it would be great to have another Fife team in the league for debies etc. So I've been keeping an eye on them for the past two years. Would love to see them win the LL and come up next season.

48 minutes ago, kefc said:

Its strange no one asks where the £150,000 for the new seated stand come from last season but as soon as a few big players are linked its "where does the money come from?" "is it sustainable" etc. If it becomes unsustainable for any club they cut their cloth, main thing is theres no debt from any investment attached to the Football Club which there isnt at Kelty unlike a host of other clubs at all levels.

Investing in the facilities is as important of having a squad that can challenge, its been happening the past 5 years at Kelty Hearts.

There are generally grants etc available for new stands, infrastructure etc? 

Just now, The Informer said:

There are generally grants etc available for new stands, infrastructure etc? 

Any links to grants that cover seated stand for a Ltd company? Theres the SFP thats it £10k max.

Just now, kefc said:

Any links to grants that cover seated stand for a Ltd company? Theres the SFP thats it £10k max.

I wasn’t aware you were a ltd? I thought you were a community organisation. My apologies.

20 minutes ago, The Informer said:

I wasn’t aware you were a ltd? I thought you were a community organisation. My apologies.

Cool, grants are very thin on the ground as most of the EOS clubs will know about. All grants are geared for Community Clubs who are a charitable status and rightly so.

We took the decision as club to go ltd like all other SPFL clubs.

Edited by kefc

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

The squad that the current manager inherited and is in the process of dismantling was good enough to be top of league at the start of December.  Ended  18 points off the top after he started chopping and changing things.

Had a 3-2 win over BSC by then hadn’t played EK or Spartans and had been beaten by Cumbernauld so ?? Don’t get me wrong I was all for the squad at the time but we clearly need to improve it to move on one way or another 

3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Had played Spartans at Kelty game was 1-1.

Lol yip realised that after submitted that sorry anyway just want to see us improve on a great first season in LL but gonna be a good few haters out there wanting us to fail