Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

4 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

Hearing talk that Nathan Austin Is signing for Kelty. Would light up the lowland league if true, was a fantastic player at East Fife and Falkirk.

Oofft  some signature that if true , good young player

That would be massive signing. Easton is already a big one (presuming after all the chat that one is done) but Austin is a top player. Played against him when he was a young laddie, think it was for Leven Utd amateurs and even at that age vs men he was class.

Hearing talk that Nathan Austin Is signing for Kelty. Would light up the lowland league if true, was a fantastic player at East Fife and Falkirk.
Will tear the league apart. Wouldn't have minded seeing him at Dunfermline. Massive signing if true.

Easton will also be levels above.

Great for the LL, however you have to wonder at the spending levels and sustainability  in relation to the level Kelty are at? Fair play to them though, I just think it’s got the potential to go wrong.

1 minute ago, The Informer said:

Great for the LL, however you have to wonder at the spending levels and sustainability  in relation to the level Kelty are at? Fair play to them though, I just think it’s got the potential to go wrong.

I've always defended our financial approach. If these are all tied in with jobs in the correct way then it's all good. Although the talk of Fash has now got me wondering as he's clearly been full time for a while. Exciting times, hopefully all within the planned structure.

Be lying if that thought hadn't crossed my mind as well.

Linton and Robinson would bring invaluable experience to our side and others mentioned still a nice age for development which fits nicely with rest of squad although no doubt there will be a lot of movement of players outwards to accommodate them , lots of great players for the club probably moving on but we showed last season we weren’t good enough when it mattered , can’t halt progression 

Mon Kelty 

Edited by Kelheart
Mistake

10 hours ago, The Informer said:

Tough league next season, other teams will be bringing league players into their squads, so Kelty are doing their best to try and be the top team to get into league football. 

On average attendances last season, Kelty had 350-400+ at games. That's more than some league sides. 

It's a big season for the club and the gaffer, with a lot of the old guard leaving but with the talent they are bringing in, definitely going for it. 

11 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

Tough league next season, other teams will be bringing league players into their squads, so Kelty are doing their best to try and be the top team to get into league football. 

On average attendances last season, Kelty had 350-400+ at games. That's more than some league sides. 

It's a big season for the club and the gaffer, with a lot of the old guard leaving but with the talent they are bringing in, definitely going for it. 

I don’t know where the cash comes from, and to be honest I’m not too bothered. My point was about the sustainability of such an approach, and given the figures rumoured to be being paid, is it next season or bust?

3 minutes ago, The Informer said:

I don’t know where the cash comes from, and to be honest I’m not too bothered. My point was about the sustainability of such an approach, and given the figures rumoured to be being paid, is it next season or bust?

As mentioned before several of them will be linked into jobs outside as with Hubby. Certainly pushing the boat out though so it's a fair question.