Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

32 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Do your talking on the pitch is my suggestion. 

They are more than capable of doing that, having been at both the home & away games of Kelty vs EK, I have seen them playing brilliant, flowing, passing football & have managed to put 7 past us in two games.

EK are a strong side,  no doubt about that & are more than capable of pushing on to the league, something I hope we can strive to do in the near future.

10 minutes ago, KeltyFan said:

They are more than capable of doing that, having been at both the home & away games of Kelty vs EK, I have seen them playing brilliant, flowing, passing football & have managed to put 7 past us in two games.

EK are a strong side,  no doubt about that & are more than capable of pushing on to the league, something I hope we can strive to do in the near future.

Yeah that's fine

Hi I was privileged to be at the game today.  Not because we won 3-0 and played very well ahead of the play offs. Today was what the future of Scottish Football should look like. An excellent facility,  a game played without rancour or stupidity,  both sets of supporters understanding  and appreciating what they were watching. The Kelty folk were top class , on and off the pitch. Clearly at the heart of their community,  as we strive to be, they have been such a great addition to the Lowland League and if anyone from the SFA wants to know how to move forward for the benefit of the game, make sure the dead wood gets moved aside to allow Clubs like EK, Kelty and loads of others to flourish.  
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] pipe doon billy big time.

How old is your club again?

13 hours ago, gogsy said:

it was a decent post until you started calling clubs deadwood, not sure any club deserves that.

Absolutely. No club wants to be bottom of the league. Behind every one of those "deadwood" clubs are people working tirelessly, without financial reward, to make their clubs the best they can be. 

Biggest team in Scotland maybe. Would be nice if you could back it up by getting promoted this year pls xoxo

I will take that as you having our best intrests at heart and wishing us well, and not that you want us to gtf. Ps, i know you want us to gtf.

I will take that as you having our best intrests at heart and wishing us well, and not that you want us to gtf. Ps, i know you want us to gtf.
Aye, apart from the Lauchlan season I've been firmly supporting EK in the play-offs. It's a long time coming and I've watched a few mid table League 2 teams and they're rotten.

It's for the best if we start getting a bit movement between the leagues, Scottush football needs a reform and the whole play-off system needs to be looked at.

12 minutes ago, gogsy said:

As I said rumour on another thread, a quick denial from the club would be good (of course if you have inside knowledge and you can put our minds at ease that would be much appreciated :))

My sons part of the setup, they are competing in the same league next season.

3 hours ago, gogsy said:

Thanks, was guessing you were related to someone involved. Great to hear as its a good team to watch.

They have been great to watch this season. There are several of them that have at least another year at that age group too who look good prospects. Would be a shame if it was scrapped, not a wise move.

Edited by leomessi1984

6 hours ago, gogsy said:

Thanks, was guessing you were related to someone involved. Great to hear as its a good team to watch.

The current under17 team will be moving to under 19's  cutting some players and bringing in some older ones, might be a bit strange having a 19's and 20's team !

Of the 20 players that are in the current u20's squad, a fair few of them are too old for next season. Itl be a bit of a rebuild with younger players joining the existing boys young enough in the 20's setup.

You may see the club aligning with another club to farm out some players so they are playing mens football weekly to help their development aswell as run a younger 20's model.

Edited by kefc

1 hour ago, kefc said:

Of the 20 players that are in the current u20's squad, 12 of them are too old for next season. Itl be a bit of a rebuild with younger players joining the existing boys young enough in the 20's setup.

You may see the club aligning with another club to farm out some players so they are playing mens football weekly to help their development aswell as run a younger 20's model.

Believe 9 of the current squad are overage next season (with 2 of those already on contracts with the first team) and  therefore 11 of the current squad still eligible (2000s plus 2001s dobs), so defo some rebuilding.......

Edited by Big Jon

Spartans just edged it over the 90 so probably deserved to go through on pens. Both teams had a good amount of chances. Thought we were better than our last visit but some heavy legs showing after a tough run of results. Spartans as always looked really tidy! 

Boys in the crowd saying Easton is signed for next season and Reilly to follow. Good news if true! 

7 hours ago, gogsy said:

Wasn't sure if either is confirmed. Still think  Kelty are a bit lightweight up front, could do with another striker to sort that out.

Agreed Gogsy. Sure we will hear soon enough once the league games are all wrapped up above.