Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

1 hour ago, drs said:

Good to know Andy is still alive, the best thing he ever did was the kids joke spot on his Radio Scotland Sunday show in the 1980s and the second best thing he ever did was shit himself when that Aberdeen fan ran half the length of the Ibrox pitch to square go him.

What vegetable makes you cry?

27 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

What vegetable makes you cry?

I don't know, what vegetable makes you cry?

1 minute ago, drs said:

I don't know, what vegetable makes you cry?

It was a joke made by a boy on Andy Cameron's show.

After many attempts at the answer, including onions, leeks the boy replied, 'you've obviously never been hit in the baws by a neep.

Cameron couldn't compose himself for ages and many records were played until he had calmed down.

It was a joke made by a boy on Andy Cameron's show.
After many attempts at the answer, including onions, leeks the boy replied, 'you've obviously never been hit in the baws by a neep.
Cameron couldn't compose himself for ages and many records were played until he had calmed down.

The line I remember is:
My wife said “Andy, I was terrified, imagine if he’d had a knife”
I said “never mind a knife, imagine I’d been wearing a sheepskin jacket”

Kayem, you are better than that.  It’s a typing error. Ask your Gaffer *

In the interview Ferguson said himself that it’s up to Kelty to break teams down. Some teams will come and try to shut up shop, which is perfectly understandable.
Kelty are serious about challenging for the league and so they have to be able to overcome that kind of game plan.
Against Vale, they had plenty of chances to win the game. That’s not disrespectful, it’s arithmetic.

8 hours ago, kayemphoto said:

In the interview Ferguson said himself that it’s up to Kelty to break teams down. Some teams will come and try to shut up shop, which is perfectly understandable.
Kelty are serious about challenging for the league and so they have to be able to overcome that kind of game plan.
Against Vale, they had plenty of chances to win the game. That’s not disrespectful, it’s arithmetic.

Ah well! If my Aunty had b***s, she would be my uncle. You can say one thing in an interview and something else to the opposition straight after the match.  Take it on the chin! EK’s Title to lose.

2 hours ago, skynews said:

Ah well! If my Aunty had b***s, she would be my uncle. You can say one thing in an interview and something else to the opposition straight after the match.  Take it on the chin! EK’s Title to lose.

End of the day we would’ve bit your hand off to be in the position we are at Xmas so lads can be very happy with first half of season , long way to go and loving it 

Merry Xmas to all 

When you talk about a lack of class, that also comes from how the opposition conducts themselves. General unsporting behaviour in time wasting from 2 minutes in. Feigning injury (Ger Rossi I’m looking at you. Just as much of a cheat as you were at Peebles) etc then I’m afraid vale can’t conplain about a lack of class from their frustrated hosts after a display of “anti football”
Are you raging mate?

Maybe he doesn't like what he said he was happy with the squad that had got the team to the top of the league and wasn't looking to make changes [emoji9] then couldn't wait to ship players out and drop others without even speaking to them ! If he thinks bringing in the players in midfield are better than Ian nimmo, then I am sorry but he Defo isn't the man for the job, team moral that was incredible is slowly but surely falling apart.

23 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Well so far he has shipped out Chris Gay who didn't feature under the previous manager and Nico Stephen who didn't get much game time either. The players that are according to this thread up for sale are Matty Gay,  Willis Hare and Ian Nimmo.  First two weren't first choices under the previous manager either. Unless you know what the fallout between Nimmo and the manager was about then I'm not sure its an automatic to immediately blame the manager.

If the team wins their next two matches (ok that's not easy but is possible) then they will have picked up the same amount of points from the nine  league games the new manager has had compared to the nine the previous manager picked up, only difference is that goals scored and conceded have been reduced greatly.

Fair assessment Gogsy..

We have a clear plan going forward at Kelty over the next 2 to 5 years, if we get bids on players from other clubs then the board and management have the right to accept or refuse them. If players want more game time they are also well within their rights to ask to leave. Players leaving will also have their view which is what Jimmy G is more than likely hearing from his neck of the woods.

The squad has been strengthened in some areas where we were knew we were short in due to the difference in the Lowland League, this was going to be addressed even before the new management team came in ie in balance with the number of central midfielders, pace, legs on bigger pitches and some creativity in the final 3rd to help the existing squad. The manager has introduced 2 x 19 year olds from the 20’s who complement those strengths and as it stands are now regular starters and deservedly so. That means naturally some players will find it tough to get the game time they desire.

The boys have done ever so well this season getting into the top 4 as it stands, that was the goal at the start of the season made all the more impressive after taking the hit of losing a manager that brought them all here and shared success in the Juniors over 4 years. 

We are thinking of holding a meet the manager/board night at the ground for season ticket holders early this year to share the plan off the pitch and the new management teams vision for the future on the pitch,  it should enlighten people to any decisions being made.