Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

37 minutes ago, Ruthrieston said:

Come on give Vale  a bit of credit, yes they set up with a defensive system, however what would you expect when they had 11 of their playing pool missing, their manager having to play the full 90 mins and with only a trialist  the bench.

They  stuck to their task and frustrated Hearts into playing long balls and rode their luck a few times from headers with the goalie producing a few decent safes.

Sometimes when you put the effort and commitment in you deserve a break and a point for Vale under the circumstances was deserved.

ps you have a good wee setup at Kelty.

Agree with all of that but if we want to progress up leagues we should be beating you guys so just shows we are still a working progress but loving every minute of it 

3 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

Kelty could and should have been multiple goals in front today with the chances they had. Vale of Leithen came to play for a draw and got it. Strange seeing a team time wasting a matter of minutes after kick off though! Ross Mutch was fantastic and ran all day. Dodd looks to be a classy player and created some great chances first half also. A frustrating day which sees us fall 7pts back from EK and 4pts from BSC. Another tough tie at Edinburgh Uni to come next week. 

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Agree with all of that but if we want to progress up leagues we should be beating you guys so just shows we are still a working progress but loving every minute of it 

Another game withoot a goal I'm nae expert but if ye canny finish teams off you've nae chance in this league.  Yous haven't scored in 90 mins since November :P.

Canny help but notice wi aw the media circus surrounding yer managerial appointment results are nae exactly forthcoming  ? 

Canny see EK losing 3 games as well for ye to get back into it.  

Fitbas a funny game though,still exciting times ahead .

18 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Another game withoot a goal I'm nae expert but if ye canny finish teams off you've nae chance in this league.  Yous haven't scored in 90 mins since November :P.

Canny help but notice wi aw the media circus surrounding yer managerial appointment results are nae exactly forthcoming  ? 

Canny see EK losing 3 games as well for ye to get back into it.  

Fitbas a funny game though,still exciting times ahead .

Kelty still have to play EK twice though, however, on current form you couldn’t see Kelty taking 6 points.

Edited by Baxter's Nutmeg

Frustrating day at the office, should have won but Vale played a defensive game from the start.

Ross Mutch played really well today, as did Skip. Good to see Brian Ritchie getting some time too.

Missed Cargy, Hubby & Ciaran today especially on set pieces.

369 was the attendance.

2 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Turned into a decent game once Kelty realised they weren't actually guaranteed a goal with about half an hour to go.

Vale of Leithen are obviously a bit shit and they rode their luck but Kelty's finishing was very poor for such a good team I felt. The main striker (no 9?) seemed to go to ground very easily every time the ball went near him in the box as well. On the positive side, thought the wee right winger was great to watch - he must be deadly on the break against teams that are less hemmed in than Vale were.

Very disrespectful in my opinion. To call any team “ a bit shit” smacks of arrogance, and gives them no credit for carrying out their game plan successfully.

Everything wrong with the Scottish game.  To win  a league or a game, you have to be able to beat the opposition. Irrespective of what set up they play, you (Kelty) with your position in the table, level of players, higher money, should be able to beat a vale team missing a lot of players. With their manager also playing 90 mins, tells me more about Kelty,s weaknesses and lack of tactical awareness. 

Blaming an opposition set up shows a real lack of class, champions act with class.

Well done to all the Vale players and Ando who with his UEFA A background would have set up Vale to be hard to beat. Our friends at Kelty with a Scottish legend and playing and managing in the premier league. Goes to show, " Being a good student does not mean you are a good teacher"  maybe Kelty could work on breaking down a " LOW BLOCK" at training this week, Edin uni under Dorian will again be well set up.

Everything wrong with the Scottish game.  To win  a league or a game, you have to be able to beat the opposition. Irrespective of what set up they play, you (Kelty) with your position in the table, level of players, higher money, should be able to beat a vale team missing a lot of players. With their manager also playing 90 mins, tells me more about Kelty,s weaknesses and lack of tactical awareness. 
Blaming an opposition set up shows a real lack of class, champions act with class.
Well done to all the Vale players and Ando who with his UEFA A background would have set up Vale to be hard to beat. Our friends at Kelty with a Scottish legend and playing and managing in the premier league. Goes to show, " Being a good student does not mean you are a good teacher"  maybe Kelty could work on breaking down a " LOW BLOCK" at training this week, Edin uni under Dorian will again be well set up.

Some supporters have come on and given an opinion, unless Kelty have made an official comment about vale, how can they be accused of no class. Kelty played 90 mins couldn’t break them down, shook hands and got changed.
Some folk get away excited [emoji15]

1 hour ago, Breast Rummage Albion said:

Some supporters have come on and given an opinion, unless Kelty have made an official comment about vale, how can they be accused of no class. Kelty played 90 mins couldn’t break them down, shook hands and got changed.
Some folk get away excited emoji15.png

Ask you for Gaffer, what’s was said to the Vale Contingent after the game. Lack of class.

29 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I wouldn't pay attention  to anything skynews writes anyway, he's the guy that claimed all Kelty did last season was play "long ball".:)

29 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I wouldn't pay attention  to anything skynews writes anyway, he's the guy that claimed all Kelty did last season was play "long ball".:)

Do pay attention, I speak from an objective vantage can point. Kelty played a long ball game all lads season, am not knocking it. It’s all evidential on your highlights.

I did notice, at start of this season, Tam had them playing a build up game.  This is an opinion having watched Kelty many many times. 

I have nothing against Kelty, well run club,  good people.

Sometimes, it’s good to show opposition credit,  when results does not go your way.

Think we are in the winning way and get easily peeved when things don’t go our way but other teams don’t come to make it easy for us and rightly so as I said before we are a working progress at mo and me for one is enjoying the battles week in n out 

onwards n upwards mon the Kelty

4 hours ago, gogsy said:

Andy Cameron on off The Ball Yesterday, Barry Ferguson on today, got to love Radio Scotland. :)

Good to know Andy is still alive, the best thing he ever did was the kids joke spot on his Radio Scotland Sunday show in the 1980s and the second best thing he ever did was shit himself when that Aberdeen fan ran half the length of the Ibrox pitch to square go him.

When you talk about a lack of class, that also comes from how the opposition conducts themselves. General unsporting behaviour in time wasting from 2 minutes in. Feigning injury (Ger Rossi I’m looking at you. Just as much of a cheat as you were at Peebles) etc then I’m afraid vale can’t conplain about a lack of class from their frustrated hosts after a display of “anti football”

4 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

When you talk about a lack of class, that also comes from how the opposition conducts themselves. General unsporting behaviour in time wasting from 2 minutes in. Feigning injury (Ger Rossi I’m looking at you. Just as much of a cheat as you were at Peebles) etc then I’m afraid vale can’t conplain about a lack of class from their frustrated hosts after a display of “anti football”

What do you want Vale to do?? Come up to Kelty and say we are here for you to royally pump us, happy Xmas?? Vale are in a fight at the bottom of the league, and are scrapping for every point. Their tactics worked, its not their fault Kelty couldn’t break them down.

42 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

I don’t support Vale nor have any connections. The most important part of football is scoring more than the opposition. Kelty failed to do their jobs - simple as that. You are clutching at straws describing a compact - low block Vale team “ anti football” . I am sorry to say, you have no clue! There are more than one ways to skin a cat. You got pumped by BSC, you Blame ref. You drew 0-0 with Whitehill in 90 mins, and you could not score a goal against a vale 3rd XI with the two managers playing. 

Try focus on training and your own team this week, rather than blame BREXIT! Edin uni will also be missing students this sat, so nae excuse if you don’t win ⚽️

In the previous 2 league seasons Kelty only failed to score once each campaign (away to Broughty and LTHV).

Obviously it happening at home twice-running to BSCG then Vale must be a shock to the system.

However given Vale were struggling for a side it's a perfectly credible performance and result. This is after all a club who came 15th on GD last season, and ended-up relying on Cowdenbeath coming back against Cove to stay in LL. Every point is a prisoner at the bottom as much as every win is vital at the top.