Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

Of course, Peterhead don't have anyone who's ever played at a higher level.

Apart from Fleming who's played in the Premier League, the Championship and Scotland U21s; Boyle, who played in the Premier League and was on the bench for an FA Cup tie between Everton and Chelsea; Dunlop, who's played Scottish second tier (old First Division); Ferry, who played in the Premiership with Dundee; Stevenson, who played in the old First Division and for Real Mallorca B; Brown, who played in the Premiership and the Europa League with St Johnstone; McAllister, who has 49 Premier League appearances with Caley Thistle; Leitch, who played Premiership and Europa League with Motherwell; Dow, who has 134 top-flight Scottish appearances with Dundee Utd and Ross County; McCracken, who has over 200 top-flight Scottish appearances with Dundee Utd and St Johnstone; Gibson, who played in the Premier League for Kilmarnock; Lyle, who played in the Premier League with Accies and in the second tier with Dundee and Partick Thistle; and Reilly, with 28 Premier League appearances with Dundee.

Apart from that, nothing.

They only have three players in their squad over the age of 22 who've never played in the top two levels of Scottish football, and only five over the age of 22 who've never played in the top flight.

So I don't know Peterhead can be expected to cope with Kelty Hearts and all their league-hardened superstars...

20 hours ago, gogsy said:

Its a load of nonsense dumb heid, how many players from the SPFL have we invested in ? I think three of the current squad were signed or were at SPFL clubs before signing for us Elliot Ford signed last year from Brechin and Scott Dalziel and Stephen Husband who both signed over three years ago.  The only other player in the squad with a decent amount of games is Scott Christie who hasn't played in SPFL since 2011 as far as I can see.

Never said anything about players from the SPFL - my point was you having a comparable budget if not bigger than most clubs in the SPFL.

21 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Never said anything about players from the SPFL - my point was you having a comparable budget if not bigger than most clubs in the SPFL.

What ? Are you on drugs.

Their budget will be below all the teams in the top 2 leagues as well as Airdrie, Raith and probably half a dozen others. 

Edited by FuzzyBear

3 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

What ? Are you on drugs.

Their budget will be below all the teams in the top 2 leagues as well as Airdrie, Raith and probably half a dozen others. 

That would be incredible. I wish kelty had a budget like that! Kelty’s budget is definately nowhere near that of Clyde, Peterhead, Elgin, Annan, Edinburgh city etc. Look at the prize money for league 2, and that doesn’t include league cup, challenge cup, Scottish cup prize money that these clubs can bank on. Compare that to the Lowland league and you can see why it’s such a difficult task for the non league side to win the playoff.

DDCA9BE4-30EB-4ECD-843A-8D84B2A488CC.jpeg

20 hours ago, GordonS said:

Of course, Peterhead don't have anyone who's ever played at a higher level.

Apart from Fleming who's played in the Premier League, the Championship and Scotland U21s; Boyle, who played in the Premier League and was on the bench for an FA Cup tie between Everton and Chelsea; Dunlop, who's played Scottish second tier (old First Division); Ferry, who played in the Premiership with Dundee; Stevenson, who played in the old First Division and for Real Mallorca B; Brown, who played in the Premiership and the Europa League with St Johnstone; McAllister, who has 49 Premier League appearances with Caley Thistle; Leitch, who played Premiership and Europa League with Motherwell; Dow, who has 134 top-flight Scottish appearances with Dundee Utd and Ross County; McCracken, who has over 200 top-flight Scottish appearances with Dundee Utd and St Johnstone; Gibson, who played in the Premier League for Kilmarnock; Lyle, who played in the Premier League with Accies and in the second tier with Dundee and Partick Thistle; and Reilly, with 28 Premier League appearances with Dundee.

Apart from that, nothing.

They only have three players in their squad over the age of 22 who've never played in the top two levels of Scottish football, and only five over the age of 22 who've never played in the top flight.

So I don't know Peterhead can be expected to cope with Kelty Hearts and all their league-hardened superstars...

And yet Edinburgh City are still above you in the league and you can’t get out of league 2.

something not quite right somewhere.

3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Aye GordonS is a Linlithgow Rose supporter. ;)

Haha

no beef with him, just pointing out how good mcinally is, unless there’s another reason?

and how am I to think and lithgy supporter would be so knowledgeable about Peterhead? 

Haha
no beef with him, just pointing out how good mcinally is, unless there’s another reason?
and how am I to think and lithgy supporter would be so knowledgeable about Peterhead? 
Wikipedia and Transfermarkt.

My reason for checking was because it looked like McInally was talking up the league experience in Kelty's ranks as though it almost put them on a par with Peterhead. Fair enough, it's a good way to motivate his players and the fans. But if Kelty are "league standard", Peterhead must be Premier League standard!

some folk on here need to get there head out of their arse. guy made a throw away comment.

“They have invested in some players from the SPFL so they will be no mugs and it will be a game where we will need to be at it to win”

definition of some = an unspecified amount of number.

get a life for facts sake.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-stars-must-realise-how-9788375

As long as he continues to produce the column weekly for the Record then I'm not bothered about this appointment.  Just keep all Celtic supporting children away from him in supermarkets.