Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

24 minutes ago, rigano said:

I don’t know much about his Clyde tenure but i did read he put a lot of his own money into it and lots of time. He might do a good job as he’s definitely got the ambition to do well. 

Listened to the open goal interview with Stephen Dobbie last week and he spoke highly of Barry Ferguson at Blackpool. Most wouldn’t have taken the Clyde job there were few guarantees that was going to end positively. I’d like to see him get another chance. 

Folk probably being a bit harsh with regards to his previous spell at clyde just because of who he is. Surely he deserves another go at it. Sometimes it just dosent work for a manager or a player for that matter at a certain club. Dosent mean to say that they cant move on and be a success at another club. Our managers cv wasnt looking the best when he joined us but he has adapted well to the league and has the team winning games. Cant ask for much more. For what its worth i think its a good bold appointment from kelty and for the profile of the league.

49 minutes ago, rigano said:

I don’t know much about his Clyde tenure but i did read he put a lot of his own money into it and lots of time. He might do a good job as he’s definitely got the ambition to do well. 

Look it up.

This would be a scandalous choice in terms of his record and the baggage he brings with him.

No club statement about Ferguson so maybe just in contention for job with others ?? 

Personally would give him a chance as knowledge of the game is without doubt priceless and who knows might be a good fit as long as it doesn’t totally derail all the hard work already done but I’m sure the committee will proceed with due diligence 

He did. He paid to put them up in hotels etc.

There was an interview not long ago where either his brother or another ex teammate of his said that. Simon Ferry podcast I think, maybe Peter MacDonald.

[emoji1]

I know. I was more hinting at it being his wife’s money. When they tried to claw back money off him when he went bankrupt it turned out he’d signed loads of stuff over to his wife 6 years prior to going bust, so they couldn’t touch it.

7 hours ago, Seen the light said:

There is some horrible people on this thread posting alot of shit.

Is it because Barry Ferguson ex Rangers captain that you are all slaughtering him ?.

Why do people want to see someone fail before they have started especially if they are ex old firm players ?.

My opinion, he managed at Clyde and it never worked out, does that mean he should forget about managing anyone else ?.

As the structure of Scottish football is he has dropped down to the lowland and correct me if im wrong that is still beneath clyde.

You have to admire Kelty for an appointment of Barry's stature.

Also you have to admire Barry to still want to get back involved at a lower level and hopefully learn from his mistakes he made at Clyde and take Kelty to the next level.

His biggest test will be trying to maintain or improve the impressive work Tam Courts has done at that club.

Fair play to you, this is a very bad post.

If you think appointing someone who was last seen shouting "f**k THE SFA" at a room full of bigots, despite the reason he was shouting it having nothing to do with the SFA, doesn't deserve a slaughtering then I am lost. No one deserves admiration in this situation.

No surprise to see Dunfermline fans all for the appointment either.

Edited by Muzza81

35 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

emoji1.png

I know. I was more hinting at it being his wife’s money. When they tried to claw back money off him when he went bankrupt it turned out he’d signed loads of stuff over to his wife 6 years prior to going bust, so they couldn’t touch it.

at first. I thought fair play. most wags would have filed for divorce by now. then I remembered who she married. wont know how to file her nails.

Fair play to you, this is a very bad post.
If you think appointing someone who was last seen shouting "f**k THE SFA" at a room full of bigots, despite the reason he was shouting it having nothing to do with the SFA, doesn't deserve a slaughtering then I am lost. No one deserves admiration in this situation.
No surprise to see Dunfermline fans all for the appointment either.

When and why did he shout that and I take it you mean a group of Rangers fans?

16 hours ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

I am not sure how you work that out, but time will tell.

I'm like Gogsy apart from his column in the Daily Record on a Friday, which is mostly about Rangers, I can't really see much exposure if he got the job, maybe initially when he got the job but that would be about it. 

EK had a high profile appointment in Billy Stark last season but that didn't see wall to wall coverage in the media. You also  never got wall to wall coverage on Clyde when Barry was there.