Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

58 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

In my opinion yes. Do I think he's got a great track record as a manager, no. But one things for sure the amount of responses on here already tells you everything you need to know about profile.

There's been about ten replies, mostly questioning why this would be a good appointment. If the club have ambitions to win promotion to League 2, it's not much of a statement appointing a manager that couldn't hack it at that level and who arguably had an advantage with his professional connections. 

5 hours ago, gogsy said:

Merely  pointing out that my knowledge of the cup competition will be a lot  better than he thinks it is, looks like he assumed us ex-junior thickos would know nothing about any competitions  outside the junior bubble.

And can you blame him. Until two years ago the junior bubble was a place no one had any desire to venture from and no desire to look out from,

10 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Sure I can, probably plenty of people watching junior football  have a knowledge of the history of other competitions of other grades of football. Its lazy stereotyping from someone who I thought would have known better.

The faux outrage is touching but.99.9% of junior supporters had no intrest in the non league senior game and even when the lowland league was formed the contempt changed very little, the  lure of the sfa £ changed everything...and tbf you have been called out for worse than statistical knowledge 

I can understand both points of view.

It will bring exposure to the league, if it happens. Good and bad though, as I'm sure they'll be the same amount of people that want Ferguson to fail as those who would want him to succeed but there's that old saying "all publicity is good publicity". 

Barry, despite his managerial failings with Clyde, is still a high profile name in the Scottish game. Would be a bold appointment for Kelty. 

5 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

In my opinion yes. Do I think he's got a great track record as a manager, no. But one things for sure the amount of responses on here already tells you everything you need to know about profile.

2 hours ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

The only positive would be that it’s great for the profile of the league.

If "profile" was the aim in recruiting a new manager, they could have achieved the same end at lesser expense by appointing a water buffalo.

Maybe it'll work out, Kelty are an admirable club so I hope so. I just don't think that appointing a manager with a very poor CV, whose only career successes came at a level of football that's irrelevant here, is the best way to win the league and get promoted.

53 minutes ago, GordonS said:

If "profile" was the aim in recruiting a new manager, they could have achieved the same end at lesser expense by appointing a water buffalo.

Maybe it'll work out, Kelty are an admirable club so I hope so. I just don't think that appointing a manager with a very poor CV, whose only career successes came at a level of football that's irrelevant here, is the best way to win the league and get promoted.

I was talking more about the profile of the league overall. Like him or not, his appointment would bring more attention to the competition.

11 hours ago, gogsy said:

Merely  pointing out that my knowledge of the cup competition will be a lot  better than he thinks it is, looks like he assumed us ex-junior thickos would know nothing about any competitions  outside the junior bubble.

I couldn't really give a shit aboot yer knowledge  I was biting to you being arrogant enough to state you got a bye in the next round!!

For that reason alone I really do hope you appoint Ferguson and ye get yer even more cocky prediction of 6th it deserves :P

There is some horrible people on this thread posting alot of shit.

Is it because Barry Ferguson ex Rangers captain that you are all slaughtering him ?.

Why do people want to see someone fail before they have started especially if they are ex old firm players ?.

My opinion, he managed at Clyde and it never worked out, does that mean he should forget about managing anyone else ?.

As the structure of Scottish football is he has dropped down to the lowland and correct me if im wrong that is still beneath clyde.

You have to admire Kelty for an appointment of Barry's stature.

Also you have to admire Barry to still want to get back involved at a lower level and hopefully learn from his mistakes he made at Clyde and take Kelty to the next level.

His biggest test will be trying to maintain or improve the impressive work Tam Courts has done at that club.