Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

Only in your eyes. 

I would wager Kelty would get a better list of potential manager's if both jobs were advertised. 

Berwick won't go down this season and I think are currently trying to sort themselves out. Maybe this is the start of that process.

Berwick train in Edinburgh, it really isn't that far out the way either. They've just been a total shambles recently which is why they've been so terrible.

8 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

Only in your eyes. 

I would wager Kelty would get a better list of potential manager's if both jobs were advertised. 

Noy just in my eyes, in the eyes of everyone who knows anything about football. Being a manager of an SPFL team is far more prestigious than being the manager of a non-league team - Berwick will get a higher calibre of applicant than Kelty, Berwick have league membership and the associated media coverage that Kelty and their ilk can only dream of at the moment.

I'm not sure why you are finding this a difficult concept to understand. League is seen as superior to Non-League.

I don't think any of this wrong to be fair, apart from perhaps the claim that that Berwick get " the associated media coverage that Kelty and their ilk can only dream of at the moment."

Agree. Kelty story has had loads of coverage, whilst Berwick haven't done anything of note for about 3 years now, or whenever they got to the 1/4s of the Scottish.

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

Noy just in my eyes, in the eyes of everyone who knows anything about football. Being a manager of an SPFL team is far more prestigious than being the manager of a non-league team - Berwick will get a higher calibre of applicant than Kelty, Berwick have league membership and the associated media coverage that Kelty and their ilk can only dream of at the moment.

I'm not sure why you are finding this a difficult concept to understand. League is seen as superior to Non-League.

Why do you say I'm finding it difficult to understand, to be fair I'm just being realistic as to where both clubs are at the moment. 

Berwick are in my opinion a struggling second division side that will maybe improve enough to stay up. 

Kelty seem to be an improving side with a deal of ambition and what seems like a commitee and the backing to move forward. 

I've absolutely nothing against Berwick Rangers, but how many manager's have left saying the same thing Regards money, location, in house fighting in the Boardroom. 

It's not always about what league you are in it's about potential, the same could be said about Cowdenbeath, Albion Rovers, and Stirling Albion to be fair. 

Edited by wullie robb
Mistake

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

I don't think any of this wrong to be fair, apart from perhaps the claim that that Berwick get " the associated media coverage that Kelty and their ilk can only dream of at the moment."

While Berwick and the other L2 sides don't get massive media coverage they still get more than Kelty and the other non league sides. They still get their match reports in the nationals on a Sunday and Monday as well as the BBC website etc.

Here  is the Berwick Rangers page on the BBC website.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/berwick-rangers

How many people do you think will access it? When you look at the headlines the only headline that covers Berwick in the last two months is Robbie Horn's departure. Seen quite a few Kelty match reports in the papers this season that would be better than coverage of divisions one and two.

Kelty Herald doesn't count mate [emoji12]

In seriousness Kelty get a lot of coverage because of their story and coming from the juniors. The Lowland League overall however?

Ask Scottish punters who like football to name any League 2 clubs they'd more than likely get most of them, ask them to name Lowland League clubs... different story. I'm mad for Scottish football but I'm not sure how many I would get.

Can see both sides of coin, because at moment it looks like Kelty are on their way to the league in the next however many years and Berwick along with Cowdenbeath and Albion Rovers look like they're maybe at a level above their station and on their way out with the introduction of the pyramid. Think in time and somewhere along the line smaller clubs like Brechin and Stranraer might find themselves in a bit of trouble too. Maybe not though as both are extremely well run.

Don't think there's many clubs who are non league who would come in and be an asset but would definitely say Kelty are one. They seem to have got their shit together and have a wonderful set up. Cowdenbeath have acheived a lot in their time in the leagues but they must be looking along the road with a bit of envy.

26 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Here  is the Berwick Rangers page on the BBC website.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/berwick-rangers

How many people do you think will access it? When you look at the headlines the only headline that covers Berwick in the last two months is Robbie Horn's departure. Seen quite a few Kelty match reports in the papers this season that would be better than coverage of divisions one and two.

The BBC wasn't probably the best example:lol: The Sun seem to be the only national which gives half decent  coverage to the LL but even then they only have 1 main non league match of the day which is sometimes a junior game it would be good to see more reports from those games.

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Kelty Herald doesn't count mate emoji12.png

In seriousness Kelty get a lot of coverage because of their story and coming from the juniors. The Lowland League overall however?

Ask Scottish punters who like football to name any League 2 clubs they'd more than likely get most of them, ask them to name Lowland League clubs... different story. I'm mad for Scottish football but I'm not sure how many I would get.

Can see both sides of coin, because at moment it looks like Kelty are on their way to the league in the next however many years and Berwick along with Cowdenbeath and Albion Rovers look like they're maybe at a level above their station and on their way out with the introduction of the pyramid. Think in time and somewhere along the line smaller clubs like Brechin and Stranraer might find themselves in a bit of trouble too. Maybe not though as both are extremely well run.

Don't think there's many clubs who are non league who would come in and be an asset but would definitely say Kelty are one. They seem to have got their shit together and have a wonderful set up. Cowdenbeath have acheived a lot in their time in the leagues but they must be looking along the road with a bit of envy.

Not from me life's too short. Things go in circles we had a good spell being in the Championship and all and now over the last few seasons we have been in a bad spell, as you will well know things go in circles mainly for the wee clubs so hopefully things will look up for us.

Kelty took the plunge and went into the EOSL and have done well and now lead the LL good luck to them no sour grapes from me.

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I think its fair to say the period 2000-2015 was perhaps the most successful period in Cowdenbeath's history since pre WW2, I think that sometimes some Cowdenbeath supporters (probably the younger ones )don't appreciate this.

Your right Gogsy being in the 2nd tier for 4 seasons during that time was exceptional for a part time side with us, Alloa and Dumbarton doing well (you just have to look at Brechin's feeble effort last season for comparison.

It was our best spell post war a golden era you might say, Kelty are now on a similar type of golden era in their history winning the Super League twice, Eosl and now topping the LL.

Younger fans probably did take it for granted while the old heads appreciated a high spot.

Edited by cowdenbeath