Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

Firstly, gutted to see Tam leave although I always thought the day would come. He has taken Kelty to another level, I think he was the main catalyst behind the club moving to the senior ranks and just look at what has followed. A brilliant manager at this level, tactically astute and has an eye for a player.

He has his fingers in a few pies so I think there may be more to this, he may something decent lined up, especially after doing his coaching badges. I cant see him going to a Stirling or a Berwick, I just don't see those jobs as more attractive than what he's doing at Kelty. The other ones mentioned through the west, I dont think he would be on their radar. Good luck to him anyway.

Its going to be a massive decision as to who replaces him, do they go for experience or a younger manager trying to make his way. Hope they get it right.

45 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

That would be stepping down the way.. 

Clearly it wouldnt but you carry on in your own wee dream world. Moving from the non-legues to an SPFL team is a massive step up and the likes of Horn have been shown up as not being good enough to make it.

7 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Clearly it wouldnt but you carry on in your own wee dream world. Moving from the non-legues to an SPFL team is a massive step up and the likes of Horn have been shown up as not being good enough to make it.

Conversely, he could have waited 7/8 months and tried to take Kelty in himself. Seems a gamble if it's for an also ran in L2.

Tbf as it stands Kelty are top of LL and Berwick are 2pt from bottom of SPFL2, the former are flying and the latter struggling, plus no doubt a better budget at the former (indeed Robbie Horn specifically cited them along with some other part-time and non-league clubs as being able to out-spend him for targets over the closed season): so while I couldn't call it a step down I can see why it couldn't be seen as much if any of a step up? Conceivably you could end-up with Kelty v Berwick in playoff come season's end! So I'd be happy but amazed if Shielfield is his destination.

1 minute ago, Jason King said:

Dream on, Kelty will have a bigger budget than Berwick Rangers and Berwick also have trouble recruiting player's because of travel ect. 

Why would Courts risk going to Berwick when Kelty could possibly be in a play off situation with them at the end of the season. 

How many players choose to stay at Junior level when asked to play with Berwick, I'm not against Berwick Ranger's in any way. 

I'm just being realistic, Berwick at the moment are a shambles and unless something drastic happens you could find yourself in the Lowland league. 

There's obviously no smoke without fire, Tam lives and breathes football so I would imagine he has a very good job lined up somewhere.

I am more interested in who takes over now, hopefully the guys act quick and continue the good start to the season. No news on who will be taking the team tomorrow?

31 minutes ago, Cyril said:

There's obviously no smoke without fire, Tam lives and breathes football so I would imagine he has a very good job lined up somewhere.

I am more interested in who takes over now, hopefully the guys act quick and continue the good start to the season. No news on who will be taking the team tomorrow?

McDowall & McNeely, assisted by Greig, Courts Jr and Dalziel.

5 hours ago, wullie robb said:

Dream on, Kelty will have a bigger budget than Berwick Rangers and Berwick also have trouble recruiting player's because of travel ect. 

Why would Courts risk going to Berwick when Kelty could possibly be in a play off situation with them at the end of the season. 

How many players choose to stay at Junior level when asked to play with Berwick, I'm not against Berwick Ranger's in any way. 

I'm just being realistic, Berwick at the moment are a shambles and unless something drastic happens you could find yourself in the Lowland league. 

And being realisitic would tell you that the Berwick job has far more prestige than the Kelty job.