Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

couldn't make Fridays game but looked a cracker according to the hightlights.  The gaffer didn't sound too disappointed in the performance stating the injuries maybe played a part in having to reorganise once or twice. Any team is going to miss the guile of Nimmo and the unbelievable workmanship of Philp. Hope both players recover quickly.  Gonna have to take the odd defeat on the chin and its a big learning curve.  As said before its much more entertaining than what we watched last year.  Probably save a few quid not disappearing to the pub long before the game ends !   Onwards and upwards ! 

6 minutes ago, bendan said:

Looked like a great game. Cumbernauld seem to be one of the most inconsistent teams out there.

Cumbernauld inconsistent? Do you mean game by game or overall?

4th place, 6th place, 6th place and a league Cup to their name after 3 years in the game at LL level isn't to shabby for me to be honest...... Particularly considering their fan base, income and finances will all be lower than those around them..... Their management team and those putting the time in behind the scenes to run the club deserve great credit for the successes they have achieved since becoming a senior professional side.

I attended on Friday and it really was end to end, frantic stuff at times. Good excitement for paying fans. Kelty will do well in the league but hopefully it is becoming clear to everyone that the LL has numerous strong teams in it who are capable of winning against any other team in the league, Kelty included of course. From my experience in the LL it can become more tactical at times and teams/players from traditional junior roots will experience greater levels of tactical game management as opposed to traditional approaches used in junior football... But only my view of course :-) 

11 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

4th place, 6th place, 6th place and a league Cup to their name after 3 years in the game at LL level isn't to shabby for me to be honest...... Particularly considering their fan base, income and finances will all be lower than those around them..... Their management team and those putting the time in behind the scenes to run the club deserve great credit for the successes they have achieved since becoming a senior professional side.

I attended on Friday and it really was end to end, frantic stuff at times. Good excitement for paying fans. Kelty will do well in the league but hopefully it is becoming clear to everyone that the LL has numerous strong teams in it who are capable of winning against any other team in the league, Kelty included of course. From my experience in the LL it can become more tactical at times and teams/players from traditional junior roots will experience greater levels of tactical game management as opposed to traditional approaches used in junior football... But only my view of course :-) 

Yip agree that it’s a lot more tactical than the junior game and Kelty are finding their feet just now 

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:

No, I was meaning game by game. I think they've done tremendously well given limited resources. They seem capable of beating the best one week and then slipping up against weaker opposition the next. I've nothing but respect for what they're doing, just making a relatively uninformed observation based on some of their results.

Edited by bendan

6 minutes ago, Golum said:

The coverage and the match itself is 1st class 

A very good advert for the Lowland League :thumsup2

Yes, great advert for the league. Compares favourably (in both respects) to a lot of L1 and L2 games.

They have been inconsistent over last few years in term of game to game. I have saw them a few times and they have looked a team that for me should be pushing top 3. They seem to do well in the big games and maybe drop points against teams that they should be beating. As you say they have probably over achieved last few years in terms of budgets etc but i think they have a team on there day that could be up pushing top 3.

46 minutes ago, Hooper said:

What is keltys hopes this year to finish top 4/5 or to genuinely compete for the title ? 

Given the resources we have we should be competing but we are aware it's a different environment so there will definitely be a learning curve.

CCs are another great example of a really well run community club and imo have a bright future.

Think their recruitment this year is better than last and albeit I’ve only seen them once this year I was very impressed.

Agree they could finish top 3-4 but just need to see if they can keep up their promising start.

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Given the resources we have we should be competing but we are aware it's a different environment so there will definitely be a learning curve.

Resources as in playing budget ? Is keltys budget as much as everyone always seems to think lol 

26 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Resources as in playing budget ? Is keltys budget as much as everyone always seems to think lol 

Sure some folk have us paying out millions! It's pretty decent though vs what I know of others. The whole package with the ground etc. too now makes it an attractive place for players.

10 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Sure some folk have us paying out millions! It's pretty decent though vs what I know of others. The whole package with the ground etc. too now makes it an attractive place for players.

Would imagine it is attractive place to play I hope yous make a go of it this season but EK looking strong early still maybe time for kelty to add to squad now they've got an idea of the standard of the league 

I know a couple if boys that Kelty tried to sign 2/3 years ago and I was told of how 'Kelty chucked some big money about'.

If you manage to break into the top 4 this season that's a huge achievement. EK looking the team to beat on paper but I think it'll go down to the wirw with us.

Once you have a season and see where you need to improve I'm sure your time will come. The club has everything it needs to move in a positive direction.

Looked a cracker of a game watching the highlights. Kelty's second was a belter!

Some poor defending and keeping though; those headers from the corners were a bit embarrassing.

Felt second Colts goal was a pretty blatant shove though. There's strength and then there's making no attempt to play the ball and barging the defender to the ground.

5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Looked a cracker of a game watching the highlights. Kelty's second was a belter!

Some poor defending and keeping though; those headers from the corners were a bit embarrassing.

Felt second Colts goal was a pretty blatant shove though. There's strength and then there's making no attempt to play the ball and barging the defender to the ground.

Didn’t think much of it on Friday but when you see it again Errol was bundled off ball but think he would do the same if playing up front