Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

9 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Another pleasing pre-season run out.

A couple of the young lads playing looked handy and totally unfazed by the level (albeit pre-season).   Looking forward to seeing if we can bring in one or two more top quality additions and hopefully we will be right up there this season.

I think we might bring in another defender, looking forward to the summer tournament to see how the new boys gel, Personally I think in the coming seasons we will see less coming in from other teams, as the under 20's have made some decent signings,  from the likes of St Johnstone, and the under17's bringing guys in from Fife Elite and Stirling Albion.  The feel good factor around the club is brilliant , and will only get better.

11 hours ago, KH7 said:

I think we might bring in another defender, looking forward to the summer tournament to see how the new boys gel, Personally I think in the coming seasons we will see less coming in from other teams, as the under 20's have made some decent signings,  from the likes of St Johnstone, and the under17's bringing guys in from Fife Elite and Stirling Albion.  The feel good factor around the club is brilliant , and will only get better.

Agreed KH7! Every time I go to a game now there is a buzz around the place.  Should be a good season and a real test with some top teams.

Edited by leomessi1984
Spelling mistake

https://dafc.co.uk/fixture.php?SID=U20s&D=2018-07-13&ID=1109
We ended up with seven u-20 players on at the end after starting with a couple of trialists, clearly resting a few players for games Sunday/Monday. Under 20s have a home game tomorrow against Whitburn juniors, not sure of time though.
Under 20s game is at 1.30pm Gogs.

Well done to the under 20's today, winning 1-0 against Whitburn  juniors, Will certainly give the boys a bit of confidence for the season ahead.

Boys up against a strong Celtic reserve team today  with the visitors eventually running out 1-3 Victors, with Scott Dalziel Scoring for Kelty. 

12 hours ago, KH7 said:

Boys up against a strong Celtic reserve team today  with the visitors eventually running out 1-3 Victors, with Scott Dalziel Scoring for Kelty. 

Celtic dev squad have been top notch in the two games I watched them before. Was it all young boys? 

Notice the Whitburn haddie wasn't happy they had to contribute to refs fee and hire of pitch.
https://twitter.com/whitburnjunior
No wonder. Home team usually pays that from gate taking surely? If there is no crowd or whatever then that's the home team's responsibility. Fair enough if it was at a mutually agreed neutral venue, but wasn't this at Kelty?

12 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Tonights friendly ended up Linlithgow Rose 2-0 Kelty Hearts. Enjoyable game though,  Linlithgow deserved winners but lots of positives mainly from the under 20 players who acquitted themselves well against decent opposition. Ex Kelty keeper Kyle Marley played first half for Linlithgow( as a trialist?), didn't really have much to do.

Saw Kyle had signed for Cumbernald Colts?

12 minutes ago, gogsy said:

7 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
9 hours ago, gogsy said:
Notice the Whitburn haddie wasn't happy they had to contribute to refs fee and hire of pitch.
https://twitter.com/whitburnjunior

No wonder. Home team usually pays that from gate taking surely? If there is no crowd or whatever then that's the home team's responsibility. Fair enough if it was at a mutually agreed neutral venue, but wasn't this at Kelty?

What gate taking?  Jesus it was Kelty Hearts u20s Whitburn we’re playing not our senior side. 

The game would have been on a grass pitch with no payment, both teams agreed to share costs to use Astro pitch, the u20 team don’t get to use the pitch for free.

Our senior team and u20 team are 2 different teams.

Absolute disgrace kids destroying the park , name and shame only way to go and fine the parents , someone will know the culprits and I’m sure some parents will know that their kids were at the Astro that night 

People  have worked their back ends off to provide Kelty with something to be proud of and takes assholes 2mins mess it up 

Really hope they are caught and fined