Kelty Hearts lowland league quest

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:
20 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:
What's your logic? 

I predicted Spartans to finish 4th and they won. So I'm assuming that I'm about 3 places out and they'll finish 3rd. I cant see them winning the league.

Probably right but we can live  be in hope 

Probably right but we can live  be in hope 

It's the same being a Shire fan. EK looking the strongest again but Spartans showed last season you can win the league and avoid beating the big teams.

The fight for top 4 will be interesting, I just hope we actually start the season when we're meant to this year and not in November like the last 2 seasons.

It would be good for the sake of the pyramid if Kelty came up and became a big player straight away. Having a league where 5 teams will be on the tip of every tongue when asked for a winner will prove an exciting season.

It's also nice to see you've about doubled the Lowland League PnB population [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

4 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

The fight for top 4 will be interesting, I just hope we actually start the season when we're meant to this year and not in November like the last 2 seasons.

It is amazing how badly they've started each season, especially this one (17/18). To me they seem the best team in the league, but they've had some horrendous results.

It is amazing how badly they've started each season, especially this one (17/18). To me they seem the best team in the league, but they've had some horrendous results.
This year was shocking. First home win in the league came against Edufrance in November with a last min winner. Done well to have that massive run unbeaten but by the end of it we barely had a team.

Kelty will be top 4, I am pretty sure of it.

I watched them a few times last year and I think they will need cover defensively, if anything happens to O'Neil or Carstairs they are short. Maybe a season too far for Conrad and Leighton also.

7 minutes ago, Cyril said:

Kelty will be top 4, I am pretty sure of it.

I watched them a few times last year and I think they will need cover defensively, if anything happens to O'Neil or Carstairs they are short. Maybe a season too far for Conrad and Leighton also.

If Leighton can get back to full fitness he will be fine (only 27/28 I think).  Conrad should be good for one more hopefully, he was great this season. I agree with you though, another good CB would be useful.

I have a feeling there will be at least one big name signing too.  All that is going on at the club should attract better & better players :-)

2 hours ago, honestman54 said:

As a little extra I note that Kelty Hearts havent yet been added to the list of clubs competing in the League for next season, nor are they in the EoS section.  Where hasd Kelty Hearts gone?

Aye neither are edusport(glasgow utd now)!!

Infact i see Preston Athletic and Hawick are still in the LL !!!!!

12 minutes ago, Kinglassie Booler said:

how did they decide the 3 new leagues ?   Obviously  they aren't chosen on strength ?  What is the format for the end of the season ? Playoffs and relegation ?

I would ask on the eos forum bud. 

Be really interesting to see how Kelty adapt to LL football...expect them to be in the top half but don't expect them to challenge for the league in their first year...just have to wait and see but regardless a very welcome addition..all the best lads!

8 hours ago, Kinglassie Booler said:

how did they decide the 3 new leagues ?   Obviously  they aren't chosen on strength ?  What is the format for the end of the season ? Playoffs and relegation ?

They were populated using a ranking of club finishing positions in the season just ended... starting with Hawick, then down EOSL from LTHV to Tweedmouth, then down the East Juniors from Bonnyrigg to Easthouses, then Dunipace from the West Juniors (who had in any case finished further down the West Juniors than Easthouses), and finally Inverkeithing the 'start-up'. There's a graphic someone made which illustrates it more clearly. Hawick went into #1 in Conference A, LTHV into Conference B, Preston into C, then Leith into #2 in A, and so on.

EDIT:

image.png.ba45b812ed2b71b03487841700e23a

At the end of the season the 3 conference winners will hold a "round robin" playoff for the title, and chance of promotion to LL. Top 5 from each conference and enough others to make 16 will form a new EOS Premier Division (e.g. if there was 1 space left presumably the 6th place finishers hold their own "round robin" playoff). Rest will form lower division/s although whether First North & South, First and Second, or conferences again, who knows - maybe depends if more clubs joined.

Edited by HibeeJibee