Stenhousemuir -vs- Peterhead, Peterhead -vs- Stenhousemuir

7 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Jim McInally in the play offs.

2008-09 - East Stirlingshire were defeated by Cowdenbeath in the semi final.  A 2-1 loss at Ochilview was followed by a 1-1 draw at Central Park. John Dempster equalising late on led to carnage - Michael Bolochoweckyj and Sean Anderson were both sent off disputing the equaliser and McInally too was sent off.  99% certain he smashed in a door after the match.

2012-13 -  Peterhead were defeated by East Fife in the final. A 4-1 aggregate victory over Queens Park meant the Blue Toon were confident going into the final. After a 0-0 draw in Fife a narrow 1-0 defeat thanks to a goal from David Muir saw East Fife avoid relegation and set up matches against Rangers.

2015-16 - defeated by Ayr United in the semi final.  Thrashed would be a better way to describe it than defeated.   A 4-1 loss at Balmoor was followed by a 2-1 loss at Somerset. Ayr went on to win promotion on penalties over Stranraer.

2016-17 - defeated by Forfar in the final.  Pumped would be a better way to describe it than defeated.  A 4-1 aggregate win over Montrose saw the League 1 side face the runners up in League 2. Despite taking an early lead away from home they crashed to a 2-1 defeat with 10 men. Not a horrendous score to take back to Balmoor. How did that match go?  Peterhead 1 Forfar 5.  Ouch.

2017-18 - to be confirmed but currently 2-0 down to Stenhousemuir.  

He's an awful manager who Peterhead really should have gotten rid off last season.

EDIT to add - 

2005-06 - Morton were defeated 1-0 on aggregate by Peterhead in the semi final.  Thanks virginton!

It was Darren McGregor who scored against the Shire.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

It was Darren McGregor who scored against the Shire.

I knew there was something about that goal - BBC had it as Dempster but there was a big part of me that thought it was Darren.  

Willie Gibson is a sand dancer. I prefer a real man like Fez in the middle of my midfield.

The money he is on is eye watering. I would be looking for 15 goals from midfield on that kind of money.

Just now, The Minertaur said:

I knew there was something about that goal - BBC had it as Dempster but there was a big part of me that thought it was Darren.  

Needs another edit - we beat his East Stirling team in the 2010 semi 3-2 - Stephen Tulloch with a last minute header.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I've spent the whole day refreshing my browser waiting for last night's highlights but I haven't seen anything yet.

Can someone please advise me further? I'm worried my computer or internet is broken.

Give me time. They have  been sent away for commentary to be done. Will be up before 10 tonight.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

"CEMSFC" - a legend.

Painful watching that defending from a player that made it into the league team of the year.   He may be waiting until the last game of the season to actually header the ball.

I don't know why Peterhead fans get so touchy when it's mentioned the pay their players on average a fair bit more than the rest of the teams do. The defence of 'well how much does 'x' earn?' is unanswerable to all but a few at the club, the player and immediate friends and family.

If you want wild, unverifiable hearsay, I believe a certain aged winger rejected £350+ from another side before joining Peterhead.

In terms of the match, I do hope we approach it like a regular league game and we set out to attack. If we sit back, we do have a habit of conceding soft, quickfire goals. I certainly think we'll need a goal if we're to prevail. Although nervous about the match I'm approaching it with the attitude we never expected to be in this position, so not being promoted isn't a disaster. We haven't won a league title in 134 so I'm a natural pessimist whenever the odd glimour of potential success arises.

To be fair to peterhead their points total would have strolled the league most years and credit to Montrose for topping it
The play offs is a bit of a lottery at times 2 years ago queens park got 4th place by a goal ( or 2 ) beat cowdenbeath and basically the final swung on an absolute wonder strike from one of their players at broadwood, but that's football sometimes it's just meant for you . I wouldn't completely rule out peterhead an early goal could put a bit of doubt in stenny on the other hand confidence must be sky high at ochilview .

54 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

If you want wild, unverifiable hearsay, I believe a certain aged winger rejected £350+ from another side before joining Peterhead.

Is he a winger? If he had played (and I use that term very loosley) any deeper on Wednesday night he would have been playing centre half.

Archived