Kilwinning Rangers 0-1 Auchinleck Talbot

Killiepiyo

Don't think there can be anything to add to the above "highlights".  Went as a neutral and Talbot scored after three minutes and after that created absolutely nothing, thereafter they were content to slow the play down with their time wasting and diving, and didn't let the Buffs get into any momentum.  Buffs to their credit at least tried to play a bit of football and keep the ball on the deck.  Leishman had a couple of good saves, the one onto the post and one in the second half from a Monti run and shot.  Hanvey got two bookings for a couple of pretty innocuous challenges, although the Buffs played almost all the second half with 10 men, they still looked the more likely to score.  League is Talbots to lose now, although on todays showing I wouldn't say it was two poor teams, more two teams who played pretty poorly.  From what I have seen of them this season, Buffs are probably the better footballing team, Talbot aren't pretty but just have that it more experience and edge where it matters.

If thats the match highlights then it shows you how bad the rest of the game was.[emoji6]
It was pretty awful. I got in after the goal but it was fairly even from what I saw, Buffs probably the better side in the second half. Pettigrew was the best player on the pitch.

Buffs had an obligatory red card. Nobody seemed interested in winning the game. Talbot protected their lead well. Good crowd. Pitch in good condition. A few flares set off. Cold for an April day. Hoping we get a good summer.

5 minutes ago, Jonah said:

Do you practice at being a p***k or does it come natural

:lol::lol::lol: u think i'm joking? might be best its kept off the internet, but if u insist. Cracking part where a manager sends a player (on his way to be subbed) to the other side of the pitch. 

And why not Talbot normally get penalties for f**k all and players sent off for other teams for f**k all you never had that ref in your pockets like yous normally have and you couldn’t take it hate it when it goes against you

9 minutes ago, Jonah said:

And why not Talbot normally get penalties for f**k all and players sent off for other teams for f**k all you never had that ref in your pockets like yous normally have and you couldn’t take it hate it when it goes against you

Alas that is football amigo

:lol::lol::lol: u think i'm joking? might be best its kept off the internet, but if u insist. Cracking part where a manager sends a player (on his way to be subbed) to the other side of the pitch. 

Must be a sheltered life in football you have had if you think it’s embarrassing when a player being subbed is moved as far away from the bench as possible. Happens every week in football.

When I seen this thread the first thing I did think was that you only see a thread like this when Talbot win a big game, but seems I am not the only one that thinks that.

As for the result itself. Really not surprised Talbot won the game, so much experience in their side and in the dug out on how to get results at this point of the season. Still a bit of football to be played and watching on with interest on where the title ends up.

We could still influence it, with our final game v Talbot, but our recent record down there would suggest the only influence is increasing the Talbot goal difference

57 minutes ago, Jonah said:

Is it only games you win you put up

There wasn't highlights of the kilbirnie game on Wednesday night so i think that flings that theory out john 

3 hours ago, superpollok said:

When I seen this thread the first thing I did think was that you only see a thread like this when Talbot win a big game, but seems I am not the only one that thinks that.

in case you missed the separate thread 

Played nane in the 2nd half. Team looked bit weary but not surprising with the number of games played recently.

We should have won at Hurlford but got sod all & today we rode our luck. 

Luckily for us, today was the bigger game. I'd all but written the league off after Hurlford defeat but we've bounced back well & are right in the mix now 

Archived