Welcome Queen's Park

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Truly humbling to see how much you guys have missed us, and many thanks to my new best friend the-bully-wee for putting out the welcome mat. Again, kind of you to delay your departure from this league until our return, but surely next season will be your year? I mean, by the law of averages alone, your 10th attempt in a 10 team league surely means it's your turn.

So many issues to deal with this evening, but I'll have a go:

No, Stenhousemuir didn't time waste and were probably the less poor team overall, although having one come back off the bar and another cleared off the line seconds later were probably the moments that decided the outcome.

Agree that we need Phead to progress now, but also for Cowden to see off Cove to make it a "short-travel" division for a change. At my elderly age these long trips are a thing of the past, although I'd obviously make the effort for the first Cove away game (as all you guys would too).

Okay Bazza, I'll bite - who's the other club in the division you've heard of before?

A bit early to predict (neither club has certainty as to who our respective managers will be, let alone the players), but I'd agree that you won't be on our mantelpiece next season as you've progressed from shite to mediocre since we left, but will we be on yours? Only time and Shaggro/Elementary Penguin/Sao Paulo (delet as applicable) will tell.

As far as whether amateur can sides play in the Lowland League is concerned, well that's a silly question on two counts. Firstly, we already have an amateur side in the Professional leagues so I don't see why not, and secondly it's very premature to suggest that Cowden would change their status if Cove beat them next week.

Anyway, roll on next season. It's been too long since Dean's been able to predict that he can’t see anything but a Clyde win here and ask who are QP ?  Be careful what you wish for though, it's bitten you in the arse often enough in recent years!

Great to have QP in the league with us when we finally get promotion as champions. Finally, next season will be our time at the 9th, 10th or whatever time of asking. Hopefully the fixtures are kind and we can win the league while playing QP so they can congratulate us in person.

Okay Bazza, I'll bite - who's the other club in the division you've heard of before?

That would be us. We'll also be Queen's Park's worst nightmare. Now we've lost Cowden, we need new bitches and as QP have by far the highest ratio of mutants as fans from the remaining clubs - the infamous 'Minty' of course the most well known, you SFA darlings will be our natural choice.

You can also expect to see us amplify the misery you'll experience in your Lowland League relegation year by backing title-winning Clyde fans up at each and every opportunity, and joining in with their hearty laughter. Given the ultra-guff Scott Dalziel even bagged a hat-trick against your gang last time we met, I expect there'll be plenty of it.

1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:

Just checked the match facts there and saw that QP couldn't muster a wee goal in the 7 (SEVEN!) added minutes their corrupt SFA lapdog, I mean today's match referee, played. Gutted for them! :(

One of the QP defender's got knocked out and took a few minutes to stretcher him off. 

Who do you actually support? First Cowden, now Berwick.

Archived