Thistle Vs Magnificent Double Cup Finalists Motherwell

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

First half was fairly non-descript, but Robinson changed it at half time and sorted it.

Weird formation (almost looked like a 3-3-3-1?!), but with thistle having f**k all width it worked perfectly, and Allan Campbell was absolutely sensaysh.

I've always loved Campbell, but his game is growing, and his ability driving the ball forward is really developing.

Turnbull looked a bit withdrawn in the first half, a bit concerned about taking the responsibility, but he was far better in the second, and his delivery for Bowman's header was magic, I could've fucking headered that in.

Bowman was also dead sound.

3-2-3-2?

If we go down then I would keep Archie and give him one chance at promotion and clearing out the shite tbh.
He's probably the best manager we could get for that league.

I'd sack him if we stay up though. This has been fucking horrendous.

If we go down then I would keep Archie and give him one chance at promotion and clearing out the shite tbh.
He's probably the best manager we could get for that league.
I'd sack him if we stay up though. This has been fucking horrendous.

I know where you’re coming from but can’t agree with that. We’ve been terrible all season and it’s a miracle we’re not already down. That shouldn’t be rewarded.

25 minutes ago, Reid said:

I know where you’re coming from but can’t agree with that. We’ve been terrible all season and it’s a miracle we’re not already down. That shouldn’t be rewarded.

This.

There;'s been too many excuses trotted out for him in my opinion.

1) Hard first five fixtures - bollocks

2) Horrendous injury list - some sympathy with this, but only some, because it was naive to think that Banzo would be back to his best after 18 months out

3) We'll be fine when the injured players are  back - and guess what? the results got worse!!

Some of what's happened in my opinion:

1) He wasn't expecting to get BOTH Sammon and Storey on the last day of the transfer window and thereafter has upset the balance of the team by trying to fit them both into the shape effectively or successfully. 

2) Marginalising Doolan on occasion as a result of the above.

3) Being unable to create a dominant central defensive partnership from Devine, Keown, Cargill, Turnbull and Barton. Anyone else missing the presence and influence of Dan Seabourne?

4) Christie Elliott is wonderfully committed to achieving a successful career as a professional football player. Fair play to him for his dedication. However he is not, never has been and never be a left back. So why play him there when there is a natural left-sided option available on the bench?

5) Muzzy Dumbuya is a wage thief.

Nobody that I know, coming away from Falkirk on title winning day in 2012 though that we would turn into a Premiership ever-present club.   As far as I can recall, the prevailing mood was one of "enjoy it while you can, because it won't last".  So I think we've had a decent few seasons, inevitably losing more than we've won, and if we stay up then I'll be delighted. If we go down, then I'll be back at Firhill watching Thistle next season, and hoping that the bard have the guts to stick with their long term plan of building from within.

What was the objection to Kipre getting his thumb treated?

He was completely off the pitch but managed (with encouragement from teammates) to somehow wriggle back on to hold the game up.

9 hours ago, Firhill_Basin said:

The boy Manpreet thinks hes a fucking super fan. 

Personally, I think we should be encouraging enthusiastic young fans, especially ones who have demonstrated a lot of effort in supporting the club.

Personally, I think we should be encouraging enthusiastic young fans, especially ones who have demonstrated a lot of effort in supporting the club.

There’s a time and a place.

When we’re about to be relegated having spent the whole season being Gabby Picollo levels of incompetent isn’t that.

8 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

3) Being unable to create a dominant central defensive partnership from Devine, Keown, Cargill, Turnbull and Barton. Anyone else missing the presence and influence of Dan Seabourne?

:lol:

No.

First half was a bit of a non-event for us - we seemed to struggle to deal with Thistle's front three over the first-half and had to rely on a few decent saves from Carson.

Second half, however, was a lot better. Robinson deserves credit for changing shape and, after that, I think we won the midfield battle - thanks mainly to tremendous second half performances from Campbell, Turnbull & McHugh - and Bowman gave the Thistle back line a very difficult time, deserving his goal for his work rate over the ninety minutes. I thought Cadden also looked a lot more threatening when played centrally, and overall it was just quite an enjoyable second half - nothing fantastic, but a decent performance that hopefully gets Saturday completely out of our system.

Top marks to Turnbull for his delivery for Bowman's goal - we've spent all season witnessing Cadden & co put in dreadful balls from set pieces 99.9% of the time, with one effort the youngster puts the ball right on Bowman's dish.

We are so obvious sometimes, the amount of games this season where the opposing manager has spotted our game plan and changed theirs to nullify us. We have virtually no plan B, throw a couple of pish subs on and hope it works? I can't face another few matches let alone a season with Archie and half those players. 

The boy with the banner was just a young lad, not sure where his enthusiasm for Archie comes, perhaps it's the only person he's ever witnessed with partial success at Thistle. 

Archived