Dunipace FC

• 1 month later...

Attended my first ‘pace game on the new astro today and have to say I was impress with I saw.

I didn’t think Burntisland were that bad, and 5-0 flattered ‘pace a bit, but there is no doubt that the better of the 2 teams, on the day, won.

I know the weather was poor, but I was expecting a slightly bigger attendance, I thought with all the community work that the club puts in, along with the new surface, that numbers would of been given a boost, but sadly not.

Still, had a great day, as did my son, and it’s fair to say that we are going to become semi-regulars at the club.

Enjoy your night ‘pace fans [emoji1319]

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Bump.

Surely the finest hour for Dunipace FC since turning senior and finally coming home East today, as they reached 2019-20's South Challenge Cup Final, where they face Broomhill of LL at Linlithgow on Sunday 15th August (2pm).

By my reckoning their first final since West Junior Cup-Winners' Cup 1998-99, and biggest since Scottish Junior Cup 1912-13?

13 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Bump.

Surely the finest hour for Dunipace FC since turning senior and finally coming home East today, as they reached 2019-20's South Challenge Cup Final, where they face Broomhill of LL at Linlithgow on Sunday 15th August (2pm).

By my reckoning their first final since West Junior Cup-Winners' Cup 1998-99, and biggest since Scottish Junior Cup 1912-13?

The way Broomhill is playing this season, then Dunipace has every chance of winning it.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The way Broomhill is playing this season, then Dunipace has every chance of winning it.

Absolutely.

Some achievement if they could - nobody from tier 7 had reached Final until today; nobody below tier 5 has ever won it.

On 31/07/2021 at 20:31, HibeeJibee said:

Bump.

We are all looking forward to the final.  Its been a long time since our last one - Evening Times Cup winners 1998-99.  And a long time since we started out on this tournament (almost 2 years ago).  Many who started us on the journey are no longer at the club, however a big thanks for their contribution.  Great work again by the players and management team on Saturday, getting us through.  Roll on 15 August 2021

On 02/08/2021 at 15:13, double vision said:

We are all looking forward to the final.  Its been a long time since our last one - Evening Times Cup winners 1998-99.  And a long time since we started out on this tournament (almost 2 years ago).  Many who started us on the journey are no longer at the club, however a big thanks for their contribution.  Great work again by the players and management team on Saturday, getting us through.  Roll on 15 August 2021

Great team The Pace had back in 1998-99, lucky enough to have had a wee part in putting that team together.

Looking forward to next week’s final, great to see how the club have progressed in recent times.

Sunday 15th August 2021
South Challenge Cup Final (2019-20)
Dunipace v Broomhill (2pm at Linlithgow)

Tier 7 faces Tier 5.

Destiny beckons for the men of Dunipace as they seek to join with Annan, Spartans, Stirling Uni, Whitehill, East Kilbride, BSC and Civil Service as winners of the prestigious South Challenge Cup. Good travelling support apparently expected and hopefully many neutrals also make it along to Linlithgow.

Will they be dancing in the streets of Dunipace Denny come Sunday night?

Absolutely bodied the franchise. Stonking win for a side 2 leagues below. 

Sunday 15th August 2021
South Challenge Cup Final (2019-20)
Dunipace 3-1 Broomhill (at Linlithgow)

Highlights were being filmed so no need to describe the action in detail.

Suffice to say that many like myself initially got the 2 teams confused (Broomhill now play in white so Dunipace were in their 2nd kit which happens to be bright yellow & royal blue like BSC Glasgow used)... but this was made the more understandable by the yellow & blues being on top in the way you might have expected from a team playing 2 tiers higher. Except it was the other way around.

Dunipace took an early lead, doubled it around the half-hour, then slightly lost their way in the tie and were drawn back to 2-1 with a well-taken goal not long before HT. However the Denny men were on top again after the interval, and should have gone out of sight after the Alloa outfit were reduced to 10-men. As it was a late counter-attack sealed a commanding 3-1 victory, belying all notion of the contestants respective divisions.

Strong crowd which must've been 450-500 all up - with the overwhelming majority there to support the victors. Credit also to Linlithgow for a well-run event at among the finest grounds in non-league football.

Good luck to both clubs in next season's last season's this season's competition.

Dunipace become the first ex-Junior and the first club from tier 7 - indeed below tier 5 - to lift the South Challenge Cup.

Speaking to some club officials afterwards they were saying "biggest achievement in a generation", "this is why we left the Juniors", "vindicates all the hard work joining the pyramid" etc. It's easy to focus on achievements like licensing but at the end of the day football is about trying to win stuff. Dunipace deservedly won a real biggie today - well done to them.

Edited by HibeeJibee