Dunipace FC

18 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Even sat in front of me at HT, so I couldn’t see the TV, some lad  :lol:

Titch! :whistle

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if I can get some help with research I am doing on a former ‘Pace player – Bert McNab. I am trying to get a better understanding of his football career path. I believe he joined Petershill from ‘Pace for the 1950/51 season. I do not believe he was a Peasy player in the 1955/56 season but may have returned to ‘Pace. I know he was the club coach later on. If anyone can help with a time line of his football career (playing and coaching) it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Bert started his career with local Juvenile side Dunipace Thistle.A Scottish cup win brought the attention of Falkirk FC where he spent only a season before being reinstated to Dunipace in 1944.During his seasons he built up a formidable fullback partnership with his great friend Wullie Westwater,who would go on and captain Kilsyth to their Scottish win in 1955.During Berts time the Pace made their only ever appearance in the final of the West of Scotland cup,sadly a 3-1 defeat to Clydebank.”In 1950 Bert made the move to Springburn,I remember him saying that it was the toss of a coin between the Peasey and Kilsyth for signature,Peasey edged by sending a taxi to collect him.Seven seasons followed at Petershill with the 1951 Scottish win being the highlight.I imagine you’ll have the details of his time at Petershill Park,I have it that he played in the first three rounds of your Scottish win in 1956,I believe he missed the second half of the season through injury.In 1957 Bert moved to Rob Roy as player coach though only lasted a season.I can fill you in about his career post Rob Roy if you need it.

18 hours ago, PRICEY said:

Bert started his career with local Juvenile side Dunipace Thistle.A Scottish cup win brought the attention of Falkirk FC where he spent only a season before being reinstated to Dunipace in 1944.During his seasons he built up a formidable fullback partnership with his great friend Wullie Westwater,who would go on and captain Kilsyth to their Scottish win in 1955.During Berts time the Pace made their only ever appearance in the final of the West of Scotland cup,sadly a 3-1 defeat to Clydebank.”In 1950 Bert made the move to Springburn,I remember him saying that it was the toss of a coin between the Peasey and Kilsyth for signature,Peasey edged by sending a taxi to collect him.Seven seasons followed at Petershill with the 1951 Scottish win being the highlight.I imagine you’ll have the details of his time at Petershill Park,I have it that he played in the first three rounds of your Scottish win in 1956,I believe he missed the second half of the season through injury.In 1957 Bert moved to Rob Roy as player coach though only lasted a season.I can fill you in about his career post Rob Roy if you need it.

Thank you very much for the summary. I would indeed like to hear about his career post Rob Roy. 

The new set up looks cracking lads, went down for a wee peek this morning. I’ve promised my son that we will get along to support our local team when Stirling are away from home.

What’s the plans with regards to the stand getting built? Is it something that will happen in a few years or is it something which will start soon?

Really hope the locals get behind the club, and the over 30’s football on a Friday happens at a time I can make.

Yep, it's really coming together now! What was pie in the sky to many a decade ago, through lots of hard work by those at the club is less than a week now from hosting it's first game. Can't wait.

Covered terrace/seating is being planned just now, as well as club rooms and cafe. Hoping it won't take too long, funding permitting, to get then added after this phase is complete.

You'll be welcome any time. [emoji106]

Last I heard over 35's was looking to be Friday nights, which suits me. I need to get on the treadmill before it starts (January/February time I think, but would need to check!)FB_IMG_1537000862867.jpg.1d778d6defce93ff1d9a76fdad12b7cf.jpgFB_IMG_1537000865880.jpg.c0f238ddfa262d8498c2becf2e0b8704.jpgFB_IMG_1537000868798.jpg.7e13f37d1397bf0e2dcedaae041e614c.jpgIMG-20180912-WA0003.thumb.jpg.6c0aaf8e1c30d6182288396603299452.jpg

With the new facility just about done, barring some general snagging work, the clubs efforts have been well and truly diverted towards the completion and getting an event to open the park put together. (details will be released shortly about this on the clubs Facebook page and website) 

The covered standing area we had was originally meant to stay but when the building work began it became unstable and was deemed unsafe to keep. Plans are afoot to get a covered area for spectators to view matches underneath, one that will meet SFA licencing criteria, as this is what the club is striving for moving forward as well as club rooms and a cafe. In terms of an actual stand incorporated into a main building, again this will be further down the line, when there is enough scope to renew the main building, this though isn't a shorter term project. 

What the club have though is a fantastic setting for the players, at every age group, from under 5s to over 35s. A community footballing hub where players can learn and grow as footballers and people, with the goal of having a fully functional development pathway from child level through to the adult first team. As well as the Senior first team we have the senior amateur team that players can continue to play with, if the Senior first team isn't what they strive for, but are still looking for competitive football that suits their individual needs.

To get here there has been some fantastic work put in behind the scenes, almost 10 years worth in some instances. The individuals involved over the years deserve a huge amount of credit for the work they have undertaken on behalf of the club, they have made this possible. 

Hopefully the club can continue to grow steadily, attract more fans through the gates and continue to progress both on and off the park. The park provides a great opportunity to remain a sustainable football club and one which can provide a community hub for Denny. Hopefully local people will come out and give us their support on a Saturday, all will undoubtedly be welcome, however many times they manage to get along. 

This was deemed 'pie in the sky' to many folks some years ago when the process began, hopefully though this makes everyone realise that hard work can pay off and that nothing is out of reach if you remain patient and committed. 

Edited by Guest

I notice there are 8 smaller floodlights instead of the 4 bigger ones in the mockups on page 1 - do the ones installed meet Bronze/Entry licensing requirements?
Yes. Newer technology means smaller, individually controllable banks do the job as well as older, bigger single unit technology. The lux output comfortably meets entry level license requirements. [emoji106]

Yep, it's really coming together now! What was pie in the sky to many a decade ago, through lots of hard work by those at the club is less than a week now from hosting it's first game. Can't wait.

Covered terrace/seating is being planned just now, as well as club rooms and cafe. Hoping it won't take too long, funding permitting, to get then added after this phase is complete.

You'll be welcome any time. [emoji106]

Last I heard over 35's was looking to be Friday nights, which suits me. I need to get on the treadmill before it starts (January/February time I think, but would need to check!)FB_IMG_1537000862867.jpg.1d778d6defce93ff1d9a76fdad12b7cf.jpgFB_IMG_1537000865880.jpg.c0f238ddfa262d8498c2becf2e0b8704.jpgFB_IMG_1537000868798.jpg.7e13f37d1397bf0e2dcedaae041e614c.jpgIMG-20180912-WA0003.thumb.jpg.6c0aaf8e1c30d6182288396603299452.jpg

Looks excellent. Actually want to play on that just looking at it. Where do I sign up for this over 35’s lark?!

Good work by all involved, and as already mentioned, hopefully Bo’ness end up with a similar set up in the not too distant future.[emoji122]

Fantastic achievement by those involved in recent times, truly a facility the town can be proud of.

Back in my time at the club around the turn of the century this is the type of ambitious vision some of us dared to dream of, great to see it finally come to pass.

Looking forward to visiting Westfield for a game in the near future.

Any plans to replace the old raised terracing behind the car park end goal?

Big congrats to all involved, spoke with a few guys from Duni at Peebles and rightly proud of their efforts. Best of luck guys, apologies for nicking the tie on Saturday. 
No need to apologise. [emoji846]

You took your chances when they came and thus deserved to go through. Sometimes that's just fitba. All the best for the next round. [emoji106]

• 2 weeks later...

First league game yesterday at the new Westfield and it ended in a comfortable 4-1 win for visitors Tranent.

Tranent comfortable on the ball and were three up at half time before adding a fourth in the second half. Pace got one back and had their best spell of the game around the goal but I have to say it did look like Tranent had taken the foot off the accelerator.

Onwards to midweek......

42554141_10156710086183454_1637255156871462912_n.jpg

42691395_10156709989423454_6910740939203936256_n.jpg

42752890_10156709989283454_2179888583542833152_n.jpg