Cove v's Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v's Cove

2 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Moaning about pictures again, aye? They did this a couple o’ seasons back when they failed to win at Fraserburgh and complained about a disallowed goal, citing photographic evidence of the ball crossing the line as proof the referees were out to get them.

This was the photo...

IMG_1526375934.355594.jpg

if it's good enough to cheat your way to  win a World Cup...

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was waiting for everything to cool down before I said anything,but  I think I will be waiting a while. The pitch at Inveruirie was terrible,and I felt Cove had a bigger than usual home advantage because they were used to it and knew how to play on it. Long accurate goal kicks over the top for the front two to hunt down with the ball bobbling about on the surface no surprise that so many chances were missed. Lucky we had McGurn ,in goal but well,we do have McGurn in goal.In hindsight,we lost more than we gained by playing Malcolm at right back,but we got the result anyway. Bollan took a big risk playing Gilfilan on Saturday when he literally could not run,and it probably cost us the second goal but he is such an inspirational leader I can understand it.We  were second to every ball in midfield in the first half but really upped our game after the break. Our second was the turning point, a really cheap goal to give away.It  seemed to completely deflate Cove, and we were the better team afterwards.Like many others I was following the ball and didn't see Sheerin's foul on the keeper though the reaction from Cove suggests that is exactly what happened.Am I right in saying that in all the mayhem at the end the player who made the wild tackle at the end wasn't even  yellow carded?Was  shocked and a bit embarrassed to see our players goading the Cove fans after the final whistle but I suppose if they had been reading all that stuff in the Aberdeen press it's maybe understandable.

Goading fans is absolutely sensational behaviour. Fans sit and give players abuse for 90 minutes and start crying as soon as a player gives them a bit back. I would encourage more of it.

The pitch at Central was shocking as well to be honest.

correct
The bottom line is that Cove Rangers failed to score a single goal against Cowden on their home turf - despite a lot of triumphalistic crap beforehand - and at Central Park their lumbering defence couldn't cope with Cowden's change of tactics after half time. Once Cowden played football on the deck and took the game to Cove,  the visitors' weaknesses were exposed.
That is why Cove Rangers lost the tie.

We keep hearing about Cowdenbeath playing total football in the second half to win this but the biggest factor in the win was LUCK.

At most cowden were the better team for quarter of this tie (2nd leg 2nd half). Even then their goals were a pen, a very lucky free kick that missed everyone and went in and a goal that should never have been given.

Cove lost their cool and bottled it but Cowdenbeath were lucky more than anything and should have been well beaten over the 2 legs.

We keep hearing about Cowdenbeath playing total football in the second half to win this but the biggest factor in the win was LUCK.

At most cowden were the better team for quarter of this tie (2nd leg 2nd half). Even then their goals were a pen, a very lucky free kick that missed everyone and went in and a goal that should never have been given.

Cove lost their cool and bottled it but Cowdenbeath were lucky more than anything and should have been well beaten over the 2 legs.

Keep trying. I’m not sure you will ever be a good troll but don’t give up.

9 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Who cares? We won. We stay in the division. Everything else doesn't matter a f**k.

Keep trying. I’m not sure you will ever be a good troll but don’t give up.

Not sure how stating facts is considered trolling. You keep believing your total football saved the day and meanwhile in reality most people will recognise you were extremely lucky and got away with one big time!

Not sure how stating facts is considered trolling. You keep believing your total football saved the day and meanwhile in reality most people will recognise you were extremely lucky and got away with one big time!

Good.

The Aberdeen local papers are on fire this week.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/coves-scully-says-losing-play-off-will-spur-on-his-side-next-season/

We’ve got to take a step back because it’s not going to change now and that’s just the way it is.

It is a motivation for next season. We spoke about it on the bus on the way home and had an awards night when we got back.

I think it spurs everyone on because we know that they will probably finish bottom again because they’re not good enough.

If we can get back to the final we know we’ll probably be playing them again.

So it gives us something extra for next season to try to do it and put them down.

I really hope we draw them in a cup next season :lol: 

3 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Look where the shadow of the ball is. The ball isn’t on the ground. No goal. Look at the shadow from the post.

I don't think it's in but you can't base it on the shadow from the post.  If you look at the shadow of the player standing nearest the keeper, it is in a different direction.

1 hour ago, strichener said:

I don't think it's in but you can't base it on the shadow from the post.  If you look at the shadow of the player standing nearest the keeper, it is in a different direction.

The post is nearer the ball and the shadow is going behind the goal. Not that it matters. Cove are still a gaggle of cheats.

6 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Congrats to Cowden for staying up.

Personally would have liked to see Cove oot of the Highland league but hopefully one day,theyre billy big baws attitude is there for aw to see at every game.

Next season though if cowden end up bottom for the 3rd season on the trot then sorry guys something needs to change!!

Find a better challenger from HL/LL.

3 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

Was waiting for everything to cool down before I said anything,but  I think I will be waiting a while. The pitch at Inveruirie was terrible,and I felt Cove had a bigger than usual home advantage because they were used to it and knew how to play on it. Long accurate goal kicks over the top for the front two to hunt down with the ball bobbling about on the surface no surprise that so many chances were missed. Lucky we had McGurn ,in goal but well,we do have McGurn in goal.In hindsight,we lost more than we gained by playing Malcolm at right back,but we got the result anyway. Bollan took a big risk playing Gilfilan on Saturday when he literally could not run,and it probably cost us the second goal but he is such an inspirational leader I can understand it.We  were second to every ball in midfield in the first half but really upped our game after the break. Our second was the turning point, a really cheap goal to give away.It  seemed to completely deflate Cove, and we were the better team afterwards.Like many others I was following the ball and didn't see Sheerin's foul on the keeper though the reaction from Cove suggests that is exactly what happened.Am I right in saying that in all the mayhem at the end the player who made the wild tackle at the end wasn't even  yellow carded?Was  shocked and a bit embarrassed to see our players goading the Cove fans after the final whistle but I suppose if they had been reading all that stuff in the Aberdeen press it's maybe understandable.

The boy got booked for the tackle which kicked everything off at the end.

18 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Are you not in danger of going over your quota for the day?

Zen, you must be pleased that auld Davie is still doing the business. He's been a great signing for us - but for him we would have been down.  A real pro, who has encouraged the younger players. 

Tears still coming out of Cove and the Aberdeen Evening Express:lol:

Connor Scully says Cove Rangers’ promotion heartache will provide extra motivation for next season.

The Highland League champions were denied promotion to League Two on Saturday after they were beaten 3-2 by Cowdenbeath at Central Park in the play-off final.

The Blue Brazil’s winner was controversial with Cove keeper Stuart McKenzie appearing to be fouled by Jordyn Sheerin which let Brad Smith score.

Referee Steven Kirkland and his assistants failed to give a free-kick and then sent off Cove’s Paul McManus, captain Eric Watson, Scott Ross and boss John Sheran in injury time.

Scully says the Aberdeen team can’t dwell on the disappointment and insists it has already boosted their motivation to win the Highland League next term and reach the play-offs again.

The midfielder said: “We’ve just got to get over it because it’s done now. We can’t sit and dwell on things. If you do that you don’t get over it.

“We’ve got to take a step back because it’s not going to change now and that’s just the way it is.

“It is a motivation for next season. We spoke about it on the bus on the way home and had an awards night when we got back.

“I think it spurs everyone on because we know that they will probably finish bottom again because they’re not good enough.

“If we can get back to the final we know we’ll probably be playing them again.

“So it gives us something extra for next season to try to do it and put them down.”

Scully also says it’s important to remember Cove’s fine season, in which they won the Highland League and Aberdeenshire Shield and reached the Scottish Cup fifth round.

He added: “It kind of feels that because of that one result we’ve had a bad season.

“But we’ve got to take a step back and look at it and see that we went a massive number of games unbeaten and we won the league and a cup.

“There’s not much more we can ask for.

“We obviously wanted a result on Saturday, which it looked like we would get at one point.

“When I come back into pre-season I’ll be trying to make sure I’m even fitter than last season to try to do the same and hopefully go out and win the league.

“Cove’s objective is to get up into the leagues and that’s what we’ll be aiming for next season.”

Dry your eyes:bairn:lol:

Connor Scully says Cove Rangers’ promotion heartache will provide extra motivation for next season.

The Highland League champions were denied promotion to League Two on Saturday after they were beaten 3-2 by Cowdenbeath at Central Park in the play-off final.

The Blue Brazil’s winner was controversial with Cove keeper Stuart McKenzie appearing to be fouled by Jordyn Sheerin which let Brad Smith score.

Referee Steven Kirkland and his assistants failed to give a free-kick and then sent off Cove’s Paul McManus, captain Eric Watson, Scott Ross and boss John Sheran in injury time.

Scully says the Aberdeen team can’t dwell on the disappointment and insists it has already boosted their motivation to win the Highland League next term and reach the play-offs again.

The midfielder said: “We’ve just got to get over it because it’s done now. We can’t sit and dwell on things. If you do that you don’t get over it.

“We’ve got to take a step back because it’s not going to change now and that’s just the way it is.

“It is a motivation for next season. We spoke about it on the bus on the way home and had an awards night when we got back.

“I think it spurs everyone on because we know that they will probably finish bottom again because they’re not good enough.

“So it gives us something extra for next season to try to do it and put them down.”

Scully also says it’s important to remember Cove’s fine season, in which they won the Highland League and Aberdeenshire Shield and reached the Scottish Cup fifth round.

He added: “It kind of feels that because of that one result we’ve had a bad season.

“But we’ve got to take a step back and look at it and see that we went a massive number of games unbeaten and we won the league and a cup.

“We obviously wanted a result on Saturday, which it looked like we would get at one point.

“When I come back into pre-season I’ll be trying to make sure I’m even fitter than last season to try to do the same and hopefully go out and win the league.

“Cove’s objective is to get up into the leagues and that’s what we’ll be aiming for next season.”

He might think he’s motivated by the loss, dusting himself off, putting everything behind him and moving on...I guess it’s him talking to the express that convinces me otherwise

47 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with any of those quotes.  It looks like the exact opposite of what you are inferring. 

We all know that unless there is some dramatic change in fortunes for Cowdenbeath that it is likely that you will be in the play-off again.  Whilst it is unfortunate that the game was won in that manner, had the roles been reversed, there would have been a similar reaction from Cowdenbeath fans on here.  As it is, you are using the subsequent incidents to deflect from the fact that you won a game on the incompetence of the referee and you are now at the point of making it up to keep the focus away from how tenuous your survival was.

Archived