Cove v's Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v's Cove

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Some cracking photos on Facebook. by Craig Brown Photography of the match.

Bryan Gilfillan emoji813.png

IMG_20180513_113227.jpg

Looks like that troublemaker in the shirt and tie should have been red carded as well, eh? 

Giving someone his death stare!

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bit from the Cove manager I liked best on the radio is when he said the officials were swearing at them. Sure, they shouldn't be doing that if they did, but is he saying his precious players do not swear like troopers at the officials? That will be a big NO then.

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:

Yeah, I figured that was what he was wearing, with the Uhlsport logo on the sleeve. The lad behind him tho.... just weird to buy and show up in Stoke's away when, I assume, that money would be better spent (and more appreciated) by Cowdenbeath's merchandise booth.

Maybe he didn't buy it specifically for this game? Just a thought...

There was someone there from the BBC as they done the car crash interview don't know what their coverage of was though. 
I had the radio on and they went to the game whenever there was a goal and at half time and full time.

The BBCs coverage was a joke yesterday. It started at 2pm previewing the top flight games that were kicking off in an hour. Nothing wrong with that. They went to Central Park for the first 2 goals almost immediately.

Then at about 20 past they started a prerecorded interview with Scott Brown which lasted until just before 3pm. On a day where Celtic aren't even playing they spend 40 out of 60 minutes discussing his career etc. They never went to Central Park for Cove's 2nd as it was 3pm before they went back to the ground and Kenny Crawford announced we were getting beat.

It literally sums up everything wrong with the BBC and their coverage of Scottish football. I'd have understood if Celtic were playing that day but there was numerous relegation clashes to analyse surely.

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:

Yeah, I figured that was what he was wearing, with the Uhlsport logo on the sleeve. The lad behind him tho.... just weird to buy and show up in Stoke's away when, I assume, that money would be better spent (and more appreciated) by Cowdenbeath's merchandise booth.

Not everyone is as consumingly obsessed with football shirt etiquette.

As for Cove, regardless of any bad turn of the cards yesterday, they have only themselves to blame.

They should have been out of sight after the first leg and yesterday’s game would then have been a rubber stamp formality.

Sheran might be back in the dugout for the new year derbies with Locos or Formartine.

Coming back from sunny Glenrothes yesterday (having seen the home side beat an unlucky Dunbar side) I heard the shenanigans on the radio. 

First Thoughts: Anti-mutton molester league bias my arse. I can remember been distinctly unimpressed by the refereeing when City played media darlings and millionaire backed plucky wee team Brora in the play-offs. 

Second Thoughts: Jeez, if you go all heads gone at shite refereeing decisions Cove then perhaps Division 2 isn't the best place for you after all.....! 

Hope young Cowdenbeath is nursing a particularly evil hangover today- well done! 

3 hours ago, Strathman said:

Was there any official filming of the match?  My first instinct was the penalty foul was outside the box and the player went down in instalments.  

It was just outside the box. 

The six yard box. 

38 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I had the radio on and they went to the game whenever there was a goal and at half time and full time.

The BBCs coverage was a joke yesterday. It started at 2pm previewing the top flight games that were kicking off in an hour. Nothing wrong with that. They went to Central Park for the first 2 goals almost immediately.

Then at about 20 past they started a prerecorded interview with Scott Brown which lasted until just before 3pm. On a day where Celtic aren't even playing they spend 40 out of 60 minutes discussing his career etc. They never went to Central Park for Cove's 2nd as it was 3pm before they went back to the ground and Kenny Crawford announced we were getting beat.

It literally sums up everything wrong with the BBC and their coverage of Scottish football. I'd have understood if Celtic were playing that day but there was numerous relegation clashes to analyse surely.

The coverage has always been atrocious. You listen after full time to get scores and they spend an age analysing some meaningless Premier match they have already spent the whole afternoon covering.

The bit from the Cove manager I liked best on the radio is when he said the officials were swearing at them. Sure, they shouldn't be doing that if they did, but is he saying his precious players do not swear like troopers at the officials? That will be a big NO then.

Pupils swear at teachers all the time, doesn’t make it ok for teachers to swear back.

Match officials should be more professional than reducing themselves to swearing at players.

10 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Pupils swear at teachers all the time, doesn’t make it ok for teachers to swear back.

Match officials should be more professional than reducing themselves to swearing at players.

I agree. Otherwise it just slowly descends into chaos. However, it is laughable moaning about it when he is quite happy for his players to do it regularly. Assuming of course that it actually happened, because he made up some of what happened.

5 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Match  officials only swear at Cove players because everyone hates Cove. Didn’t you know that?

1 minute ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Match  officials only swear at Cove players because everyone hates Cove. Didn’t you know that?

Did the match officials actually swear at the Cove players though only have their managers word for that and after his interview he's hardly a credible source:lol:

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Did the match officials actually swear at the Cove players though only have their managers word for that and after his interview he's hardly a credible source:lol:

Think Sheran was set up by the interviewer and he walked right into the trap. Was Bollan not interviewed? Be interesting to see what he has to say.

8 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Think Sheran was set up by the interviewer and he walked right into the trap. Was Bollan not interviewed? Be interesting to see what he has to say.

Aye I suppose its "dangerous" giving a live interview at an emotional time after the end of the game and you have be careful what you say seems like he just got caught up in it and just said what he felt rather than thinking about it and toning it down. I would imagine he will get hammered by the compliance officer when he gets called before the "beaks".

Gary spoke to the guys from the papers after the game, Sheran didn't show up for that and the papers today have used his BBC interview. Since there wasn't an interview with him on the Radio I presume they never spoke to GB.

2 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

wasn't aware there was a dress code

I'm really grateful for everyone who turned up yesterday to shout on cowden-if this guys from stoke and hes come up all that way to watch us then....respect.saw lots of different club badges on shirts etc, including east fife&raith

It would be amazing if half that crowd turned up every home game, but in reality, there was a large number of neutrals in attendance.

Archived