Cove v's Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v's Cove

2 minutes ago, PELE said:

We all need to see highlights for this. Until then, nobody can really moan about it.

Just as well you don't want a look at Brechin's last winning goal it was filmed by Pathe News:lol: boy behind the goal with the Box Brownie got a good pic of it as well.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

The conspiracy stuff is funny thought it was just the Old Firm who got paranoid about things like that. As if the powers that be would want to make sure a wee club like Cowden stayed up:lol:

As you say automatic promotion is down to all 42 clubs to vote on we played by the rules and won by the rules.

Well it was a team with blue colours, although not wearing them today, and with Rangers in their name they no doubt felt obliged to live down to their namesakes's stereotype.

Apart from Megginson and to a lesser extent McManus, Cove played very little football, all 70 yard passes or lumping it up the park, depending on your point of view.

Entertaining afternoon out , but not a lot of football on show.. Two fairly evenly matched sides although I had the impression that Cove thought they only needed to turn up and weren't prepared to work for it, particularly second half.

I did enjoy the sight of Donald Findlay  jumping into McGurn's arms  as the teams were  coming off the park. Hope somebody got a pic.

8 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Just as well you don't want a look at Brechin's last winning goal it was filmed by Pathe News:lol: boy behind the goal with the Box Brownie got a good pic of it as well.

I'm loving the banter.   We have joined Arbroath in  their  exclusive 36-0 club . ( played 36 won 0 )   :lol:.   They will be raging . 

1 minute ago, AlbionMan said:

Well it was a team with blue colours, although not wearing them today, and with Rangers in their name they no doubt felt obliged to live down to their namesakes's stereotype.

Apart from Megginson and to a lesser extent McManus, Cove played very little football, all 70 yard passes or lumping it up the park, depending on your point of view.

Entertaining afternoon out , but not a lot of football on show.. Two fairly evenly matched sides although I had the impression that Cove thought they only needed to turn up and weren't prepared to work for it, particularly second half.

I did enjoy the sight of Donald Findlay  jumping into McGurn's arms  as the teams were  coming off the park. Hope somebody got a pic.

That's what I thought as well.  Not a great match in terms of football ability, Cove did look like they thought they just had to go through the motions and they would be victorious. Maybe too used to doing that in the Highland League.

All handbags at dawn. Cox should have been sent off. Is the Cove Manager going to apologise to Gilfillan? Claimed on the radio that he assaulted a Cove player. Nowhere near any Cove player.

3 minutes ago, PELE said:

All handbags at dawn. Cox should have been sent off. Is the Cove Manager going to apologise to Gilfillan? Claimed on the radio that he assaulted a Cove player. Nowhere near any Cove player.

Is that no Brian that goes onto the pitch at the very start and pushes the Cove player before eventually holding Cox down at the end?

3 minutes ago, strichener said:

Is that no Brian that goes onto the pitch at the very start and pushes the Cove player before eventually holding Cox down at the end?

That's Miller.

Gilfillan is the one hobbling about.

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

Aye Gilly could hardly walk never mind start a fight:lol: The tackle which started it was a shocker.

I am guessing that was the straight red card. It was bad, but Smith seemed to get out the way and avoid any real damage.

Archived