Cove v's Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v's Cove

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can imagine. The whole set-up in Scotland is gash.

Yup, it is absolutely dreadful. There is a reason why standards are dropping so much. Not just in relation to this game but across the board. Sad.

14 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Heard unofficially that there was no way Cove were winning that today.  ....................Hence the 2nd half heads gone from the officials as mentioned earlier. 

Heard unofficially that there was no way Brechin would be allowed to win a match in the Championship over the last season :whistle

18 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

Deary me.

Look, Cove failed to score a single goal in the first leg at home.  Moaning about missed chances is irrelevant. You don't get goals for missed chances.

Today,  Cowden came from behind and beat Cove by playing better football on the ground in the second half. The Cove defence was poor.

This conspiracy stuff is pathetic. 

17 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Well I enjoyed that. Glorious day and a game that wasn't short on entertainment from start to finish. The third Cowden goal was as bizarre as I've ever seen. Looked to me that Sheerin was fouled as he chased the ball, and I have no idea how the officials missed him clean out the keeper on his way back. Cove lost the plot at the end, what a way to end a game. 

Full thoughts https://piesontheterraces.wordpress.com/2018/05/12/cowdenbeath-v-cove-rangers/

I would probably take the neutral observer's interpretation .  ;)

11 hours ago, PELE said:

Surely we have to win eventually when you cover a game. Has to be today.

At last. Perfect time to end the hoodoo.

Felt it was a blatant foul for the winner.

However apart from that all the other decisions, whilst a fair percentage were wrong fell within 'I can see why he gave/didn't give that' category. It's far easier to give a ref leeway as a neutral but I've seen a lot worse this season. Cove's 'it's a conspiracy' stuff just looks stupid, I know managers can sometimes use the everyone's against us tactic to motivate players but I don't see who it helps with the season over.

Cowden got the luck today. I don't think the result can justify not introducing automatic relegation but that's not cowden's responsibility and are quite rightly enjoying their night.

29 minutes ago, PELE said:

We also saved Vale of Leithen today. If we had dropped to the Lowland League, they would have been relegated to make way for us.

Their dancing in the streets of Inner Leithen tonight:lol:

18 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Felt it was a blatant foul for the winner.

However apart from that all the other decisions, whilst a fair percentage were wrong fell within 'I can see why he gave/didn't give that' category. It's far easier to give a ref leeway as a neutral but I've seen a lot worse this season. Cove's 'it's a conspiracy' stuff just looks stupid, I know managers can sometimes use the everyone's against us tactic to motivate players but I don't see who it helps with the season over.

Cowden got the luck today. I don't think the result can justify not introducing automatic relegation but that's not cowden's responsibility and are quite rightly enjoying their night.

The conspiracy stuff is funny thought it was just the Old Firm who got paranoid about things like that. As if the powers that be would want to make sure a wee club like Cowden stayed up:lol:

As you say automatic promotion is down to all 42 clubs to vote on we played by the rules and won by the rules.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

The conspiracy stuff is funny thought it was just the Old Firm who got paranoid about things like that. As if the powers that be would want to make sure a wee club like Cowden stayed up:lol:

As you say automatic promotion is down to all 42 clubs to vote on we played by the rules and won by the rules.

Correct.

Went along as a neutral today in the Cove end as i had a soft spot for them after we played them in the cup. Thoroughly enjoyed it, heads gone and all.

Same as most folk have said, Cove bossed the first half and Cowdenbeath didn't seem to have much about them. Heavy suspicions of offside for one of Coves goals though.

Second half was the reverse with Cowdens defence taking a step back and dealing with Coves hoofball well. It just seemed like nothing went right for Cove second half. Missed the foul for the equaliser so cant comment on that, honking goal to concede though.
The winner was a joke, absolutely amazed they didn't call for a foul on the keeper as it seemed blatant. Still, it happened and there was a lot still to play for in the remaining 20+ minutes but Cove lost the head and created nothing at all except one of the best collective heads gones seen in the SPFL.

Tremendously fun game to watch and well done to Cowdenbeath for staying up. Cove will head back up the road cursing the ref but a more professional performance could have seen them equalise.

Their dancing in the streets of Inner Leithen tonight:lol:

*They're dancing in the streets of Innerleithen tonight. 

#pedantalert 

(Could let one go, but not two, sorry)

16 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

The winning goal wasn't by the rules by all accounts . ;)

20 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Well done to Cowdenbeath.

The pyramid gatekeepers.

We are the keepers of the gate. The key is safe again.

1 minute ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The winning goal wasn't by the rules by all accounts . ;)

We all need to see highlights for this. Until then, nobody can really moan about it.

Archived