Cove v's Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v's Cove

42 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Did the match officials actually swear at the Cove players though only have their managers word for that and after his interview he's hardly a credible source:lol:

^^^Starting to sound like Clyde fans now. 

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye I suppose its "dangerous" giving a live interview at an emotional time after the end of the game and you have be careful what you say seems like he just got caught up in it and just said what he felt rather than thinking about it and toning it down. I would imagine he will get hammered by the compliance officer when he gets called before the "beaks".

Gary spoke to the guys from the papers after the game, Sheran didn't show up for that and the papers today have used his BBC interview. Since there wasn't an interview with him on the Radio I presume they never spoke to GB.

Even the BBC were biased against Cowden then? 

There couldn’t have been a better outcome. Cove players and manager talking themselves up all week in the local press. Slagging off all things Cowden. 

I had a lot of sympathy for EK last season but absolutely nil for Cove and their fans who were whining all game and calling the ref a cheat from the kick off for every decision he gave against them. We don’t need that in fitba. Good riddance.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Ah right never noticed him:lol: we have quite a few fans from down south who come up now and again can only presume he was one of them although i don't recognise him either that or just some random Stoke fan who took the game in there was lots of folk from down south up yesterday. My mate was even speaking to a Berwick fan:lol:

I'm still not getting this :lol:

Is it the guy with the blue baseball cap? Is that not just a Cowden shirt minus all the extras? We passed the time of day with those 3 guys sitting down, on the way out. They were sharing a bottle of buckie :whistle And we were just behind Ron and his moothie.

26 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Is it the guy with the blue baseball cap? Is that not just a Cowden shirt minus all the extras? We passed the time of day with those 3 guys sitting down, on the way out. They were sharing a bottle of buckie :whistle And we were just behind Ron and his moothie.

Boy right next to the side of the building.

I had the radio on and they went to the game whenever there was a goal and at half time and full time.

The BBCs coverage was a joke yesterday. It started at 2pm previewing the top flight games that were kicking off in an hour. Nothing wrong with that. They went to Central Park for the first 2 goals almost immediately.

Then at about 20 past they started a prerecorded interview with Scott Brown which lasted until just before 3pm. On a day where Celtic aren't even playing they spend 40 out of 60 minutes discussing his career etc. They never went to Central Park for Cove's 2nd as it was 3pm before they went back to the ground and Kenny Crawford announced we were getting beat.

It literally sums up everything wrong with the BBC and their coverage of Scottish football. I'd have understood if Celtic were playing that day but there was numerous relegation clashes to analyse surely.

B’Jesus nothing wrong with the BBC’s coverage of the mighty Brora Rangers. Think they have a soft spot for the boys from Sutherland. We’ll see how it’s handled next season when we play Clyde in the playoff.

Think Sheran was set up by the interviewer and he walked right into the trap. Was Bollan not interviewed? Be interesting to see what he has to say.

By ‘set up’ you must mean ‘asked his thoughts’. He then just let rip, making up stuff about Buckie, sfa not liking the highland league ( despite pretty much the top boy at the sfa being cove through and through).
Saying a refs biased towards a team is libellous and massively clutching at straws. He’s a bitter, bitter man is sheeran and despite the fact that his team may have been unfortunate, no one seems to have any sympathy for the man and that’s indicative of the way he’s conducted himself over the years.

Nothing wrong with the BBC coverage. They have always given Brora Rangers a very fair coverage. B’Jesus even had us on Football focus this year between Liverpool and Preston VT’s . When the mighty Brora Rangers take on the desperate and free-falling Clyde in next years playoff let’s see who auntie beeb supports. [emoji56]

2 minutes ago, Back Beach said:

Nothing wrong with the BBC coverage. They have always given Brora Rangers a very fair coverage. B’Jesus even had us on Football focus this year between Liverpool and Preston VT’s . When the mighty Brora Rangers take on the desperate and free-falling Clyde in next years playoff let’s see who auntie beeb supports. emoji56.png

Neither of those 2 will be in the playoff next season

4 minutes ago, surely not! said:

By ‘set up’ you must mean ‘asked his thoughts’. He then just let rip, making up stuff about Buckie, sfa not liking the highland league ( despite pretty much the top boy at the sfa being cove through and through).
Saying a refs biased towards a team is libellous and massively clutching at straws. He’s a bitter, bitter man is sheeran and despite the fact that his team may have been unfortunate, no one seems to have any sympathy for the man and that’s indicative of the way he’s conducted himself over the years.

Nah, it was the comment near the end of the interview when he asked Sheran if he was going to take it further and Sheran’s response. He showed himself up not to be the brightest bulb in the box.

Strangely enough, he doesn’ t seem to have seen the horrendous tackle on one of the Cowden youngsters that started all the aggro even although it was right in front of his big nose. A leg breaker if there ever was one.

3 hours ago, The Mantis said:

He was baldy headed and wearing a Stoke City away top (blue top, lighter than Cowden blue).

T

7 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Some cracking photos on Facebook. by Craig Brown Photography of the match.

Bryan Gilfillan emoji813.png

IMG_20180513_113227.jpg

That photo should be used for a caption competition.

3 minutes ago, PELE said:

Why can I hear the x files tune all of a sudden?

Need to get (Fraser) Mullen and (Pat) Scullion to investigate!

The issue I have with no automatic relegation is that from after last season's survival fans and directors etc stating that they will kick on the next season. One year on,same place, still as poor and not in any way punished for it. Automatic relegation is the way to go IMO. I'm a few years hopefully the pyramid below the lowland league will be set up properly.

Archived