Cove v's Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v's Cove

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

I have watched Linlithgow play Highland league teams a few teams and they have been kicked off the park every time. Different game up there.

I saw Deveronvale defeat Linlithgow 3-1 and Vale didn’t kick Linlithgow off the park, they defeated you fair and square. They even gave Linlithgow a goal start.  Where Rose lost that day was having no plan B and no leader on the pitch. 

Aye Gilly could hardly walk never mind start a fight[emoji38] The tackle which started it was a shocker.

He was involved with watson between the dugouts, quite amusing seeing a guy hobbling about yet getting in watson ' s face. Didn't see anything from gilfillan do much beyond that but watson definitely through a punch, surprised he got away with a 2nd yellow

A lot of whinging and excuses coming from the Cove camp. The reality is that they missed their chance to win the play off by not taking their chances 1st leg. They looked a poor team 2nd half yesterday after Cowden made it 2-2. They really didn’t respond to that, which was a surprise given their 1st half performance. Cowden looked the team who were always going to win 2nd half with or without the help of the officials!

There was a huge amount at stake yesterday. Cove will be hurting this morning. However I have the feeling they thought we would just lie down and accept our fate. The arrogance of the Cove players in the Aberdeen papers during the week was surprising and a bit stupid to be honest. Maybe if they had shut up and channeled their energy in the right areas I.e. the pitch it might have been different. The melt down at the end of the game, on social media, newspapers and radio after the game is embarrassing.

Went along as a Raith fan to the game hoping to see Cowden stay up, was surprised at what seemed like a low-key atmosphere for such an important game. Turned out there was plenty raith fans I recognised from Starks and by reading on here plenty fans from other clubs too.  As what’s been said by plenty I thought Cove was going to win quite comfortably at half time, but cove just lost it at the equaliser and really spat the dummy.  From where I was standing the winner certainly looked a foul on the keeper though, but still a great finish. Nice to see McGurn as well, some save in the first half too  

Hope cowden can kick on from this next season. 

Can’t not let the burger van prices get away either. Absolutely scandalous prices for food in there, £3.50 for a wee tray of crap chips, unbelievable. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Their Facebook page took it well..IMG_1526201826.374958.jpg

Was that genuinely put up by Cove on their Facebook page? I thought the photo had been edited somehow when I seen it last night!

Just read Sheran saying "it was a soft penalty" :lol: GTF pal and I say that as a neutral. The lad was goal side of the defender and had his heels clipped on his way into the box. Zoomer.

16 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

Just read Sheran saying "it was a soft penalty" :lol: GTF pal and I say that as a neutral. The lad was goal side of the defender and had his heels clipped on his way into the box. Zoomer.

Aye, he's letting what happened in the second half influence his view of the whole game - including failing to acknowledge that Cove allowed Cowden back into it by shitting the bed and conceding an abysmal goal before the referee lost the plot. The penalty was a stonewaller.

The only thing soft about it was letting the guy get goal side, and then needlessly bring him down.

Archived