Cove v's Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v's Cove

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Cowden only have to turn up for 90mins in one game in May to stay up. Cove have had to win their league (no easy feat) and come through a high pressure tie before even facing Cowdenbeath.

Winning the Highland was an easy feat, the standard is absolutely dreadful. Paul fucking Mcmanus ffs.

53 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Cowdenbeath hit it from long range with Cove's keeper now on the ground, though I think Paul Sheerin tripped him to stop him getting back.

:lol:

Well done Cowden. There should be automatic relegation but Cowden got the job done under the existing system. 

1 minute ago, Zen Archer said:

That was absolutely amazing, I can't believe that I only paid  £10 for that.

Ignoring the hoof ball, the all in tag teaming at the end was a hoot, kudos to Bollan for getting the Cove lads to take the bait.

Best value for money I've had at a game in years despite the standard of football being considerably worse than last year's playoff. Sitting on a grass verge in the sun Central Park pisses all over the vast majority of grounds as a place to watch football, and the absolute carnage at the end was more entertaining than most games. 

16 minutes ago, SmokedHaddock said:

The Highland league has teams who don't even want to be promoted, show me another league setup that has a situation like that?

Every single team in the Dutch third tier, aside from Colt teams, refuse to be promoted if they clinch the one spot that feeds into the second tier.

13 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Cove absolutely shat the bed in that second half and that's the reason they lost. The refereeing performance was genuinely horrendous with wrong decision after wrong decision going in Cowdenbeath's favour, but ultimately Cowdenbeath were comfortably the better team in the second half while Cove were completely flat. They were in control of the game at half time and they only have themselves to blame for allowing Cowdenbeath back into it in the first place regardless of how Cowdenbeath took control after they got back level.

Edit: I should add as I've focused on Cove there, Cowden came out absolutely flying in the second half and were excellent. I don't know what Bollan did at half time but it worked.

Probably told them if they got relegated they'd be playing in the Highland League next season...

I'll take that given it looks like Peterhead have blown it. Wouldn't want 6 trips up North.

Still think an automatic promotion place is a necessity.

Winning the Highland was an easy feat, the standard is absolutely dreadful. Paul fucking Mcmanus ffs.

Standard is shite in League Two as well though. I was at a Stirling v Cowdenbeath game this season and both teams were dreadful.

Every single team in the Dutch third tier, aside from Colt teams, refuse to be promoted if they clinch the one spot that feeds into the second tier.

Though Achilles went up and then down a couple of season ago? Almere were a third tier club not too long ago too weren’t they?

Firstly, thank f**k for that. It's the result that matters thankfully as I genuinely don't think we deserved to win the game. Our 3rd should never have stood (can't believe the ref or assistants missed Sheerin do a job on the keeper) and Cove should have had a penalty at the death.

However, after their antics at the end, a severe case of GET IT RIGHT UP YEEZ is justified. Dirty rotten b*****ds, stay doon.

On another note, one guy coming in before the game started hit the nail on the head - stood at the bottom of the terracing, looked towards the large crowd and shouted, arms wide open, 'Where have you all been?'. Boils my blood too.

Congratulations to Cowden for negotiating the play-offs. Yes, the system is stacked in favour of the League 2 team, but you still have to win it, and the Blue Brazil have done exactly that.

Should promotion/relegation be decided across just 2 play-off matches? Hell no, especially not when the challenging team, Cove in this case, have to negotiate a prior round. They did well across the entire season, whereas Cowden were shite all year long but get home advantage in the second leg.

Let the Lowland and Highland champions square off as they do now, with the loser of that tie having to face Cowden while the winner gets a bye. Then, in the final round, Cowden/loser of the inter-champion tie gets to play the winner of the inter-champion tie across two legs for promotion/survival. That way you reward the teams that did well with a chance of getting a bye, and you punish whoever finished last in League 2 for having underperformed.

Cove are an embarrassment, pissed the highland league, destroyed the lowland winner, yet couldn’t beat an unbelievably shite Cowdenbeath side.

Doubt they will get a better chance of promotion any time soon.

As for cowden maybe the 135K they lied about needing to stay alive was a bung for today’s match officials. Tripping up the keeper to score the 3rd [emoji23]

On another note, one guy coming in before the game started hit the nail on the head - stood at the bottom of the terracing, looked towards the large crowd and shouted, arms wide open, 'Where have you all been?'. Boils my blood too.

Probably watching their own teams on a Saturday. A video of the Cowden pen went up on twitter and it didn’t seem like there was anyone cheering at all.

Good result, but it ruined my coupon. ☹️

Archived