Cove v's Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v's Cove

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

The great doyen of lower-league football Jon Blackwood covered this game for Tell Him He's Pelé and this report could be right up your alley.

CLICK

Good report. Hope our manager  reads it and doesn’t play Sheerin up front on his own again completely isolated.

21 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Fucking hate it when folk call it the Pyramid Play off that was the 1 between Cove and Spartans, this one is the League 2 play off as its run by the SPFL and not the SFA like last weeks one. Rant over:lol:

Well done on organising the bus yesterday Brendan and also to you and Big Al for the great job you did with the Sportsman's Dinner on Friday.

coach-trip-brendan.jpg

Brendan???

Am I missing something here in understanding that Kelty will be in a division below you next season even if you drop into the Lowland league?

But thanks for the patronising lesson.
I couldn't help myself mate haha.

Kelty won the EoS on the last day and are currently 4-0 up against Threave for the last spot. Kelty are at home in the 2nd leg so it looks like a done deal.

The rest of the junior teams who joined will be the league below us as of August.

21 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I’d be amazed today if Mitch Megginson does not rip into Cowdenbeath and Cove don’t win by a couple of goals at least.

If they are half the team they were when they played us in the cup they will have too much for the fifers.

if megginson put as much effort into actually playing football as he did into throwing himself to the floor at every opportunity he might have got on better

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

The great doyen of lower-league football Jon Blackwood covered this game for Tell Him He's Pelé and this report could be right up your alley.

CLICK

Excellent, informative, well-written piece, Jon.

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

CLICK

Best hide that from the Junior forum.

The pyramid ultras are trying to kid the arse off folk on there it's only hop skip and jump to gold and riches.

No mention of the Mighty Cowdenbeath laughing at the feeble attempts of the LL and HL sides at Central Park every year.

Yeh but no but one day there will be real relegation and promotion.

hee hee.

if megginson put as much effort into actually playing football as he did into throwing himself to the floor at every opportunity he might have got on better

Certainly a fair point.
It’s also a fair point that had Cowdenbeath put as much effort into their league 2 games this season they might have done the same.....

Jon Blackwood's article said all I wanted to say about the game only much better,except that the referee gave us nothing. Surely next week we will go out and attack, instead of this sit deep and punt it up to a lone striker crap.I'm convinced that if we run at their defence we will cause them all sorts of problems especially in the wide areas.Let's at the very least go down all guns blazing. One thing for sure,we  can't carry any passengers like we did yesterday.If every player is prepared to stand up and be counted we can do this.

1 hour ago, highlandcowden said:

100 per cent 

37 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Certainly a fair point.
It’s also a fair point that had Cowdenbeath put as much effort into their league 2 games this season they might have done the same.....

That doesn’t even make any sense.

you are starting to become pretty annoying

Archived