Cove v's Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v's Cove

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not too bothered who  ultimately get up / stays up but for what it’s worth I think Cowdenbeath will come through by virtue of players competing in a highly competitive league, for several seasons (I say competitive, not high standard) nothing more to base this on. 

Be warned though I am rubbish in prediction leagues!

I’d be amazed today if Mitch Megginson does not rip into Cowdenbeath and Cove don’t win by a couple of goals at least.

If they are half the team they were when they played us in the cup they will have too much for the fifers.

1 minute ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Been listening to Open All Mics, seems like Cove have been the better side and should be up. Cowden showing nothing going forward.

Status quo for us in other words.

As expected then. 

Cheers.

Enjoyable game as a neutral. A cooler head in the box and Cove could have had at least two each half and been out of sight. Many missed chances and Cowden offered barely nothing: can't remember Mackenzie having a save to make. Credit Cowden's keeper with a couple excellent blocks.
Enjoyed standing with Cowden fans first half. Their Mckendrick rage was funny to watch. Have been there in relegation play off before and it's pretty stressful. That they didn't concede today is surely only scant consolation for them as they were pretty lacklustre.

I’d be amazed today if Mitch Megginson does not rip into Cowdenbeath and Cove don’t win by a couple of goals at least.
If they are half the team they were when they played us in the cup they will have too much for the fifers.

Amazing isn’t it

Awful game with no quality on show from either side. Cove number 5 was fantastic and strolled the match.

Our best 2 attacking players are Malcolm and Swann who were at full back today. Get Mullen back in for Luke and move Blair forward.

Cove should really have scored 3. McGurn made a world class save in the second half and was jammy a rebound of the post hit him and spun wide. Last kick of the game saw Megginson have plenty of time but he blazed it over.

I've no idea what to think after that. Surely both teams can't be that bad again next week?

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I'm trying to picture your continuing amazement.

Falkirk must have been absolute shite :lol::lol::lol:

Cowden's principal aim today was to come down the road with the tie still alive. We achieved that. It was never going to be pretty. Most of the chat beforehand was about how good Cove are upfront - and they probably are. The bottom line is that they failed to score at all, at home. They may well recover their scoring touch up front on Saturday and punish us - but they may not. From Cowden's point of view, this was an excellent result - conceding no goals and emerging still with a chance of staying in the senior league. It's going to be nerve-jangling - it would be foolish to make a prediction - the tie is on a knife-edge. Both sets of players will be nervous, with so much at stake. It won't be a classic, but it certainly won't be dull.

27 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

Cowden's principal aim today was to come down the road with the tie still alive. We achieved that. It was never going to be pretty. Most of the chat beforehand was about how good Cove are upfront - and they probably are. The bottom line is that they failed to score at all, at home. They may well recover their scoring touch up front on Saturday and punish us - but they may not. From Cowden's point of view, this was an excellent result - conceding no goals and emerging still with a chance of staying in the senior league. It's going to be nerve-jangling - it would be foolish to make a prediction - the tie is on a knife-edge. Both sets of players will be nervous, with so much at stake. It won't be a classic, but it certainly won't be dull.

Much more at stake for Cowdenbeath I'd have thought. Cove would likely romp the HL again next year and have another go if they fail this year. Cowdenbeath could be in serious trouble if they go down. 

Archived