Cove v's Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v's Cove

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope Cowdenbeath play their best and do enough to stay in SPFL 2.

No disrespect to Cove but hailing from a small town, I favour another smallish town team over a team of city "toonsers".

I also remember the humiliation of getting beaten in the cup, donkeys ago at Allan Park and evidently still am harbouring a degree of trauma about this.

1 hour ago, Brummo said:

Hope Cowdenbeath play their best and do enough to stay in SPFL 2.

No disrespect to Cove but hailing from a small town, I favour another smallish town team over a team of city "toonsers".

Don't agree Cowden have not been good enough for League 2 for the past 2 seasons, the league get's freshened up by the arrival of a new club, hard as this may be, but if Cowdenbeath go, as bad as it will be to their support, so be it

I spoke with Cove striker Paul McManus yesterday. He comes across as very confident with his own ability as well as the squad in general. 

It'll be fascinating to see how this one pans out. I think its hard to not say Cove are the favourites considering the impressive run they've been on this year - I know there has been a couple of defeats recently but in the main, it has been an almost unbeaten season, particularly at 'home'. 

Cowdenbeath don't have that momentum but the motivation won't be missing - as said in the article, history is at stake for both clubs here. 

You can read my interview, here.

Can't make today's match but looking forward to next Saturday's match as it could be a monumentous day for Scottish football. 

Today's game is a test of character as much as anything else. Cove are justly favourites to win today, but we'll see.  There's a huge amount at stake for Cowden - a lot will depend on which team wants it more.  At the very least, we need to get a result that keeps us in with a chance of winning the tie at Central Park next Saturday. C'mon, Cowden!

6. Innes&Mixuwithcup.jpg

Helicopterbook.gif

Not too bothered who  ultimately get up / stays up but for what it’s worth I think Cowdenbeath will come through by virtue of players competing in a highly competitive league, for several seasons (I say competitive, not high standard) nothing more to base this on. 

Be warned though I am rubbish in prediction leagues!

34 minutes ago, Emfaefifeyahoorsur said:

Cox will run right through them.

Then he'll round the keeper.  He'll take the ball to the middle of the goal to tap it over the line but no he blasts it against the post.  He's crap.

As the Dutch saying goes, it's lead or scrap metal to me. Don't really care, but I surmise it would be good for Scottish fitba if more new teams enter the league to replace organizations that have failed to up their standards. Cowden were in the same position last year, didn't improve, so relegation would hardly be undeserved.

2 hours ago, dafcburty said:

I spoke with Cove striker Paul McManus yesterday. He comes across as very confident with his own ability as well as the squad in general. 

I know there has been a couple of defeats recently but in the main, it has been an almost unbeaten season, particularly at 'home'.

McManus had the running of Spartans, who showed up under the impression Megginson was the only one worth watching. Cowdenbeath had boys up watching the recent Cove 0-3 Nairn County game, but they only saw one player who went on to play any part in the win over Spartans last weekend, the rest were spares and trialists. Cove's 8-11 will give Cowdenbeath  a hell of an afternoon if they're properly fired up and Cowdenbeath aren't careful.

McManus had the running of Spartans, who showed up under the impression Megginson was the only one worth watching. Cowdenbeath had boys up watching the recent Cove 0-3 Nairn County game, but they only saw one player who went on to play any part in the win over Spartans last weekend, the rest were spares and trialists. Cove's 8-11 will give Cowdenbeath  a hell of an afternoon if they're properly fired up and Cowdenbeath aren't careful.

Cowden were also watching the Spartans tie

Cowdenbeath scraped through last year and their time is up.

Cove are far too good, have beat better teams than Cowden this season and will go up.

At least Cowden might still have a Fife deby with Kelty next season.

Good point that last one. Every cloud..........

Archived