Skiddingston v TWF Dundee United | TWF Dundee United v Skiddingston - Playoffs

53 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^^ Tries a “witty” two word post and still fucks it up.  You can always trust a Funster to put a smile on your face even after such a shit result.

Never change guys.  :lol:

That's the spirit - always looking for the silver lining amongst the clouds GD.  And boy those are some clouds gathering overhead down your way.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Yeah, I'm not getting all the posts from the first play-off saying "either of these teams will get pumped in the final". Livi have got far more about them and seem to have a lot more fight than County or Thistle have shown in recent weeks. 

Either way, the play-offs are superb entertainment and should have been introduced far earlier than they were. 

Aye, just taking a quick look at Livi's league record they've only conceded 37 goals in 36 games. Thistle (if they end up in the play-off) are the lowest scoring team in the Premiership (30 goals in 37 games). Even County have only scored marginally over a goal a game.

There may well be a gulf in "quality" but Livi seem like a side who are a bit more organised and direct that the sort of Championship sides who might go into a play-off with the pretence of playing football (I mean that as a compliment). I could see that approach giving either of Thistle or County far more problems than a tie against United would have.

Whether it's enough over two legs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but as you say Livi seem to have far more about them than anything Thistle or County have shown lately.

All the best to Livi in the final, huge amount to admire about the job that Hopkin has done and it is fantastic to see how committed the players are to his philosophy and the cause. 

Edit : I also had a majestic steak pie at the ground last night. 

Me and 6 of my mates were there last night. Hearts, Rangers, Celtic and Hubz supporters so nobody really has anything to play for in the football calendar.

Class night out, some atmosphere and most of the fans were sound despite us being complete drunken monsters.

100% still steamin.

Livi is our wee team now.

Death to the DABs.

I would've been more confident going into the final with Hardie playing, still been a huge blow losing him before the play offs, but hopefully Rafa recovers and or at least manages Sunday's tie. Maybe Frizzell will get the nod, he's prob more suited to playing a Premiership team with him having experience playing for Killie this season, wont be as likely to get clattered before he has a chance to run at players, he looked a tidy weee player against Morton when he came on as a sub, but has been used sparingly since.

In any case, it will be some end to our season, still feels surreal, WE'RE IN THE FUCKING PLAY OFF FINALS!!!!:o

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I would've been more confident going into the final with Hardie playing, still been a huge blow losing him before the play offs, but hopefully Rafa recovers and or at least manages Sunday's tie. Maybe Frizzell will get the nod, he's prob more suited to playing a Premiership team with him having experience playing for Killie this season, wont be as likely to get clattered before he has a chance to run at players, he looked a tidy weee player against Morton when he came on as a sub, but has been used sparingly since.

In any case, it will be some end to our season, still feels surreal, WE'RE IN THE FUCKING PLAY OFF FINALS!!!!:o

We couldn't even make the relegation play off finals 2 years ago. Hopkin OUT!

Just now, Dabslayer said:

Never liked Livingston for obvious reasons, but for a club with one of the smallest budgets in the league to be two games away from back-to-back promotions, I can only applaud:thumsup2

#lividoingittherightway who'd have thought it.;)

Just now, LiviLion said:

We couldn't even make the relegation play off finals 2 years ago. Hopkin OUT!

Yeah unreal, we'd have happily seen Hoppy shown out the door after that season, and I hold my hands up to feeling despair when he was still with us for our League One season, holly f**k, what a mistake that would've been if the board had listened to the fans, unbelievable 2 seasons under Hoppy since being relegated.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Was that BT with a 2 man camera crew after the Willo Flood incident pushing their camera man over. :lol:

JS151448404-1.jpg

Steadicams normally have two people - the operator and the navigator. 

The operator's centre of gravity is completely un-natural so they need someone to help them move about the side of the pitch.

Willo Flood was sitting with the other United players in the North stand during the first half, took a shellacking walking back to the tunnel at half time, and never reappeared for the second half with his colleagues.

For a so-called hardman, what a shitebag. :lol:

1 minute ago, Afro said:

Willo Flood was sitting with the other United players in the North stand during the first half, took a shellacking walking back to the tunnel at half time, and never reappeared for the second half with his colleagues.

For a so-called hardman, what a shitebag. :lol:

qVkGNZ1.jpg

You really thought that this man, who looks like a leukemia ridden heroin addict, was a hard man?

Archived