Skiddingston v TWF Dundee United | TWF Dundee United v Skiddingston - Playoffs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These two games have been a microcosm of our season and on that basis we have got what we deserve.  I hope there is an announcement in the next couple of days that Laszlo is away.

It’s getting to the stage where you might never see your club in the top flight again Granny.

Times a ticking.

Much like Monday, United had the bulk of the play but didn’t do anywhere near enough. I can only really remember Alexander having two saves to make; his one at the end from McDonald won us the tie tbh. With De Vita going off I think Hopkin risked it a bit by absorbing the pressure and waiting for United to tire before bringing a bit of pace on, but it worked out in the end and we possibly should’ve sneaked it on the night. There’s no way I could have seen us finishing above United back in July, let alone beating them in a play-off tie - that’s a measure of how good our season has been IMO.

Also never thought I’d see the day we’d actually have to open up two stands for the home supporters ever again, so credit to the hardcore fans for getting the word out. The atmosphere was amongst the best, if not the best, I’ve experienced at Almondvale.

Let’s see what happens Thursday!

7 hours ago, banana said:

^^^Dee no in his bed :angry: 

On the nightshift - got home just in time to see you c***s equalising. 

7 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Superb stuff from Livi tbf.

All the best in the final. I'd say they've got a very decent shot against either Thistle or County.

Yeah, I'm not getting all the posts from the first play-off saying "either of these teams will get pumped in the final". Livi have got far more about them and seem to have a lot more fight than County or Thistle have shown in recent weeks. 

Either way, the play-offs are superb entertainment and should have been introduced far earlier than they were. 

11 hours ago, Durnford said:

A word about the United support though; if the team put in the same amount of effort they did maybe the result would have been different. Keep up the good work guys; maybe one day you'll get the team you deserve.

They have.

So damn proud of my wee team tonight, and throughout the entire season. 
Who knows what’s gonna happen, but whatever does happen it’s been remarkable. 
Away to have a few drinks to calm the nerves, will discuss the game tomorrow. 
Brilliant, just brilliant. 
From winning league one last year to where you are now is nothing short of remarkable and to best utd over 2 legs without your best goal scorer makes it more impressive. Good luck in the finsl

There are far more telling examples - such as the goal they conceded and Murdoch and Durnan being regulars when they routinely turn in performances like that - but I thought the last minute of the game was a nice display of just how useless Dundee United are.

Entering the final minute of stoppage time needing a goal to save their season, the ball is at the goalkeeper's feet and Livingston have pulled everyone back to defend the final onslaught. No Dundee United player manages to touch the ball in Livingston's half for another 35 seconds, when they win a throw in. From that throw-in, they punt the ball directly to the Livingston goalkeeper, who can claim it comfortably under no pressure. That's the game done.

I realise it's just one minute of a game, but I thought it summed up their level of toothless incompetence well.

Makes me even more raging that we couldn't beat a truly stinking United team, that Ashcroft was sent off (which has since been recinded) and that we conceded such a clown shoes goal at Tannadice. Fair fucks to Livi though, they are through on merit and hopefully they give Partick or whoever a good game. It's going to be a tight affair I reckon. No clear favourites this time around.

This tie went as expected with Livingston winning, given that they finished above United in the league so are obviously better than them. 

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

The have.

^^^^ Tries a “witty” two word post and still fucks it up.  You can always trust a Funster to put a smile on your face even after such a shit result.

Never change guys.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

There are far more telling examples - such as the goal they conceded and Murdoch and Durnan being regulars when they routinely turn in performances like that - but I thought the last minute of the game was a nice display of just how useless Dundee United are.

Entering the final minute of stoppage time needing a goal to save their season, the ball is at the goalkeeper's feet and Livingston have pulled everyone back to defend the final onslaught. No Dundee United player manages to touch the ball in Livingston's half for another 35 seconds, when they win a throw in. From that throw-in, they punt the ball directly to the Livingston goalkeeper, who can claim it comfortably under no pressure. That's the game done.

I realise it's just one minute of a game, but I thought it summed up their level of toothless incompetence well.

That one minuite really does sum up our season. To me, its a reflection on our manager that we can be so disorganised and spineless.

I laughed when he took Mikkelsen off (he was crap i grant you) then moved Durnan up as we had no height. Why not leave them all on and go for it?

Speaking of Durnan, he was one of our worst centre halfs in a long time and the fact he's been the most solid defender (till Mohsni) tells you everything you need to know. Add in a truly awful full back in Robson and a guy who was too shite for our midfield last season, moved to right back, then left back, then centre half and then left back again speaks volumes. Especially recruitment.

If the rumours are that Csaba only brought Lyng in and the rest were Taylor or Luggie, that in itself IS a sackable offence. A manager at this level should be having the final say and know the player he is bringing in. And he's been here since October. Its not like he missed the transfer window or has only had 2 or 3 months so hes had plenty of time to change it.

We were better under McKinnon. Not by an awful lot (and it was right to sack him) but to take that team backwards at all, never mind as far as Csaba has, is astonishing. 

If he's not gone soon then i doubt the season ticket numbers will break the 3000 barrier till he goes.

The morning after the night before and I’m still buzzing oot ma tits. 

Same sentiments as last night, I’m just so proud of this team of players, week after week they’ve ran themselves into the ground and for any football fan that’s all you really want, a team full of committed players who play for the badge and give everything. 

Like has been said before me, Dundee Utd dominated most of the first half but the second half was dominated by us, we really should’ve been out of sight, a stonewall penalty, bar hit twice, was just one of those nights that ended up nervy when it really shouldn’t have been. 

I never every thought I’d see 3000+ in the home end again and overspill into the south, I know there was a few neutrals but the regulars really pulled it off by getting friends and family along to back the club and it really was the best atmosphere at Almondvale for as long as I can remember. 

Maybe there is an appetite for football in West Lothian after all, the big thing now is trying to get these people returning, it won’t be easy but I’d like to think most will be back on Thursday at the very least. 

Whatever happens in the final happens, it’s going to be tough but we’ve been written off all season long and I’m sure most people probably think the premiership team will have too much for us, they may well have but im so happy the players get to play in this game, it’s what they deserve for the effort over the season. 

Already buzzing for Thursday night. 

Archived