Skiddingston v TWF Dundee United | TWF Dundee United v Skiddingston - Playoffs

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Why did the Livi guy go down clutching his face when Flood clearly pushes him in the chest?

Bit of a minter. 

Who fucking cares, focus on that wee scrote and his perennial head's gone.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Who fucking cares, focus on that wee scrote and his perennial head's gone.

I dont mind Flood and quite enjoyed his heads gone moment(s).

The fake face clutching fanny can get to f**k though.  No time for that shite.

When was it Wato Kuate lost his shit in a similarly humiliating manner? Was that in the playoffs last year? What is it about pulling on that tangerine in recent years that has compelled players to utterly embarrass themselves?

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Whats he done now?

Abused a moderator apparently. Can't see it myself, think his account was hacked, personally.

Not sure how Hoppy will line up for the home game, doubt he expected us to be bringing back a lead from the away leg, and would've been happy enough to be going into this with just the one goal against us in GD, then looking for a win at home.

I think this may change our approach, Hardie threw us a curveball and we played far more attacking in our set up than I expected, it worked out great but we were dreadfully exposed down the wings, and gave them acres of room to just stroll towards our box and have a shot before anyone tried to block it, Jacko deflecting it into his own net when it was heading past the post.

I expected us to be more like that in the home game but now we don't need to, so I really hope we are better defensively set up on the wings. McMillan would be a lot more solid that Mullin, Josh is fantastic going forward but him and Jacko being used as LM's give me the fear, we're open and exposed all game.

My preference would be McMillan and Rafa playing there, but with Hardie out we may well stick with Rafa up front. He hasn't scored at home this season though so maybe Cadden up front would be an option. Good news is we've plenty of players who can slot into different positions, so we're not struggling for options.

18 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I dont mind Flood and quite enjoyed his heads gone moment(s).

The fake face clutching fanny can get to f**k though.  No time for that shite.

What fake clutching his face?  He fell over backwards and for a moment his right hand brushes face and neck - where flood pushed him if you care to check.

Hardly rolling around on the floor

Capture1.JPG

Watched Livi for first time and thought they had incredable fitness. The harrasment of UTD players when on the ball led to 2 of the 3 goals. Hopkins style might be 80s but it works big time. 

2 promotions in 2 season would be a magnificent achievement. The players of Livi work so hard to support the attack , how many time did they have 5-6 in the box when crosses etc were going in?.  I wouldn’t rule UTD out though but Flood and Moshni will be big losses.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Not sure how Hoppy will line up for the home game, doubt he expected us to be bringing back a lead from the away leg, and would've been happy enough to be going into this with just the one goal against us in GD, then looking for a win at home.

I think this may change our approach, Hardie threw us a curveball and we played far more attacking in our set up than I expected, it worked out great but we were dreadfully exposed down the wings, and gave them acres of room to just stroll towards our box and have a shot before anyone tried to block it, Jacko deflecting it into his own net when it was heading past the post.

I expected us to be more like that in the home game but now we don't need to, so I really hope we are better defensively set up on the wings. McMillan would be a lot more solid that Mullin, Josh is fantastic going forward but him and Jacko being used as LM's give me the fear, we're open and exposed all game.

My preference would be McMillan and Rafa playing there, but with Hardie out we may well stick with Rafa up front. He hasn't scored at home this season though so maybe Cadden up front would be an option. Good news is we've plenty of players who can slot into different positions, so we're not struggling for options.

I would be tempted to think about using a flat four at the back; maybe bringing Buchanan in. Thought the wings struggled at time last night particularly with Jackson not seeming to be clear about whether he was a wing-back or a winger or what.

Other than that I'm not sure I'd change very much.

Just now, Durnford said:

What fake clutching his face?  He fell over backwards and for a moment his right hand brushes face and neck - where flood pushed him if you care to check.

Capture1.JPG

Talking of fake face holding c***s, who was the Utd player pretending to have a head knock to get the game stopped and then got to his feet when the ref went over to check on him and had fuckall wrong with him?

Flood got a 2nd yellow but could easily have been a straight red fro lifting his hands to Byrne, really stupid thing to do and they'll miss his energy and aggression in the 2nd leg.

4 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Capture1.JPG

Shite.  Flood is pushes his shoulder/chest area.  Look at the clip.  There is no contact with the face.

There is a roll on the ground as well. 

I hope Hopkin isnt instilling this kind of behaviour in his team.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Talking of fake face holding c***s, who was the Utd player pretending to have a head knock to get the game stopped and then got to his feet when the ref went over to check on him and had fuckall wrong with him?

Flood got a 2nd yellow but could easily have been a straight red fro lifting his hands to Byrne, really stupid thing to do and they'll miss his energy and aggression in the 2nd leg.

Actually Melanius Mullarkey   is a sheep so is prone to making stuff up. Fortunately the United supporters have more class.

Think we played a blinder re: Hardie.

Hardie limped off v Utd on the last game of the season. They must've known back then that he was out for the season but let United prepare for the game as though they were facing up against him. Mind games on another level

He's not fully fit. Been struggling with an ankle injury for a while. I doubt he could do 90 minutes. That's why he didn't play at Palmerston.

That explains the decision - but if he is still out on Friday it is hard to imagine Livvy not scoring.

Just now, ATLIS said:

Think we played a blinder re: Hardie.

Hardie limped off v Utd on the last game of the season. They must've known back then that he was out for the season but let United prepare for the game as though they were facing up against him. Mind games on another level

Kept a tight lid on it anyway, I had no idea he was injured, really threw me. 

5 hours ago, John Lambie said:

Reilly, Morgan, McShane, Erhahon, Baird, Samson were all in the squad that played Thistle that day and Falkirk on your previous outing - almost half the squad.

It wasn't a strong SPFL Championship this season and even though County and Thistle have been dire, I still fancy them to have enough to beat Livi or United over two games.    Livi have the best chance of promotion as they are a decent enough team but they'll fall short due to the lack of quality. 

Erhahon was a 16 year old making his debut against Thistle. His next game in the first team was the last game of the season against Falkirk when the title was wrapped up and we fielded a make shift team . Baird made way for Davis from Novemeber as Davis was unfit at the start of the season. McShane got dropped in January when we signed Ryan Flynn. Reilly got dropped when Mullen became fit. Only Morgan and Samson played regularly for the whole season.

All I am saying is that you are basing being able to beat Livi on that performance against St Mirren in the League Cup then you are in for a nasty surprise.

1 minute ago, NorthBank said:

Erhahon was a 16 year old making his debut against Thistle. His next game in the first team was the last game of the season against Falkirk when the title was wrapped up and we fielded a make shift team . Baird made way for Davis from Novemeber as Davis was unfit at the start of the season. McShane got dropped in January when we signed Ryan Flynn. Reilly got dropped when Mullen became fit. Only Morgan and Samson played regularly for the whole season.

All I am saying is that you are basing beating Livi on that performance against St Mirren in the League Cup then you are in for a nasty surprise.

So many people make excuse as to why it won't be them, since they're better than us. They can explain each of our wins but as soon as they lose to us it's excuses. I can't see this being any different at all. 

Main focus is on doing the job and getting to the final. It's only a goal we're ahead. Or 4 if away goals are double :D 

Archived