Skiddingston v TWF Dundee United | TWF Dundee United v Skiddingston - Playoffs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure Utd have played worse and won this season, 2-1 looked in control tho I always thought livvy had a goal in them if they got a decent delivery into the box and Lewis in the goals, tbf he had a better game than what I've seen of him before but I'd question all 3 goals he let in, he manages to do the opposite of make yourself big and the first is very close to him to go by him.

I don't rate Durnan highly but playing a centre mid in centre defence against a more physical team than usual is just madness.

Livvy tho against odds, taking the art of tackling to a very fine line of red cards, being effective in their play, spreading the fouls, giving 110% and actually do have a bit football in them showing they have more sides to their game than most.

If Moshni is out and Lewis is in goals, I'd put the mortgage on Livvy

If Livvy do go through, they'll give someone a game from the top league and I wouldn't be surprised if they went up, only suspensions, fatigue and mental strength can halt them

More of the same on Friday please

Got up at 4.45 am to watch this. By the time I'd dragged my arse out of bed I'd missed the first 3 minutes. An hour or so later, after a couple of coffees, starting to feel happier about life. Then United physically and mentally shat the bed. Meh.

FWIW, after seeing it back, we were well and truly let off with one with the Robinson yellow. Could’ve easily have been a red with no complaints from ourselves. Cheers, Nick.

What a game. What an effort. Ears are still ringing and I'm hoarse af.

After the first 3 minutes I didn't know what to think, and after Utd were completely dominant for the last 25 minutes of the first half and the first 20 of the second I was happy that we were only 2-1 down. Then it happened.

Haven't seen any highlights yet, but I'm hoping I can find the whole 90 mins online somewhere. Didn't look like too much of a cloggers performance where I was, but that's probably my Livi tinted glasses.

Also lolololol @ Flood, and f**k Ralston for faking a head injury.

What a game of football that was , great start by livi but pegged back very quickly. Dundee United took control of game and deservedly went ahead. But this livi team don’t know when to give in. What a response. Great goal by Mullin , good pace and nice finish. 3rd goal was amazing scenes... Byrne just kept chasing the United players down and won ball and Pittman done the rest , great finish. We have gave ourselves a good chance. Few stand out performances. Gallagher had really strong game. Byrne was our driving force again from midfield very impressive. Josh Mullin had best game in a while , great to see. Rafa was excellent up top. Pitts started poor but came into a really good game.

We were awful in the first half and praying for half time. As the game went on I would have took 2-1 but it's like their legs started to go and the two goals were fucking Sceeenes.

What is it with Pittman and making me fly down stairs and over seats[emoji7]. Like Belfast I was piling through everyone and anyone to get to the front and have suffered cuts and bruises all over my knees by banging them off every chair on the way down. Worth it though.

ETA Willo Fud :lol:

Could see whoever is in the final seriously sturggle against that Livi side. 

After a long, difficult and ultimately disappointing season, they will not enjoy coming up against a team that's going to work really hard and get physical with them.

Scott Pittman just loves making grown men fly down sets of stairs and seats

You're telling me the engine that is Shaun Byrne is still running around in circles chasing dead balls almost 80 minutes into a game? Insane. 

United must be mentally and physically broke. They have been playing 2 games a week since March? Albeit they have a bigger squad than most in the division.

Livi are like Paul Newman's ice hockey team in slap shot except they have a Hanson brother in every position.

Pretty obvious to see why Hopkin wasn't nominated by his fellow peers for manager of the year.

Two absolutely pish teams. However, the difference is the Livi players have a bit about them. They work hard and get stuck in. I can see them giving the spl team a tough game purely down to this. United are absolutely pish. They need a clear out at all levels

5 hours ago, AMC13 said:

We were awful in the first half and praying for half time. As the game went on I would have took 2-1 but it's like their legs started to go and the two goals were fucking Sceeenes.

What is it with Pittman and making me fly down stairs and over seatsemoji7.png. Like Belfast I was piling through everyone and anyone to get to the front and have suffered cuts and bruises all over my knees by banging them off every chair on the way down. Worth it though.

ETA Willo Fud :lol:

I see the Livi fans are every bit as... industrial as their players.

That was painful to watch.  An exciting start to the match but then we just ran out of steam. 

Can't see us doing the business on Friday but you never know.  Still, neither team is going to beat Partick or County next week.

Dundee united don’t ever change. Willo flood ????‍♂️. Can’t see dabs goi g through now. Livi are hacking b*****ds but got the job done [emoji736]

6 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Scenes. Gutted I wasn't there.

Check the nick of that Steward with the daft wee boy who ran on the park to give the players a cuddle. Overkill much? 

Dundee Utd, aside from being shite, also need to sort out who they hire to police matches. In the game against us a few weeks ago, the stewards were equally as ham fisted and went about their business horribly. 

Dundee united don’t ever change. Willo flood ????‍♂️. Can’t see dabs goi g through now. Livi are hacking b*****ds but got the job done [emoji736]

Its a mans game. Tackles are still legal you know.

Just now, The DA said:

I see the Livi fans are every bit as... industrial as their players.

That was painful to watch.  An exciting start to the match but then we just ran out of steam. 

Can't see us doing the business on Friday but you never know.  Still, neither team is going to beat Partick or County next week.

We already have done so this season, and I can't see them being any better now or they wouldn't be where they are. People keep saying we've no chance and we keep proving them wrong. :guinness

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Check the nick of that Steward with the daft wee boy who ran on the park to give the players a cuddle. Overkill much? 

Dundee Utd, aside from being shite, also need to sort out who they hire to police matches. In the game against us a few weeks ago, the stewards were equally as ham fisted and went about their business horribly. 

The stewards were ok, didn't bother our fans and allowed them to stay standing all game, a woman steward came running down and shouted to the ones huckling him out to come back with him and took him  back up the stand,i think they let him go back along to his mates, hope so anyway.

Archived