2018/19 League Cup

4 hours ago, King Kebab said:

I thought the idea of this seeding pish was to ensure every group got a "big" team, what happened to ours???

Don't worry, we'll bring a big enough squad through in case you can't manage to field a team, and we have to lend you players again.

:)

8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Don't worry, we'll bring a big enough squad through in case you can't manage to field a team, and we have to lend you players again.

:)

We've seen some of your more recent loanees. I think I'd rather just start with 9 men tbh.

Edited by Gordon EF

On 5/25/2018 at 21:32, 19QOS19 said:

I expect we could be in with a shout of a televised game; Motherwell being finalists last season and the chance of an upset. Certainly a far more exciting contest than Partick Vs Ayr or Hamilton Vs Livi.

All Premier League clash and don't you forget it m9

15 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

When are the fixtures dates arranged for this

It's some point this week I think.  99% certain I read that somewhere.

EDIT - I'm wrong it's the week starting the 4th of June.

Edited by The Minertaur

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest DAVIDB69

At the moment apart from the European sides with a bye doesn’t looking there will be too many league sides in the last 16

None of the Premiership teams have 100% records

Only Ross County, Dunfermline Athletic, Inverness CT, Ayr Utd and Partick Thistle have 100% records so far with Ayr and Partick playing each other on Saturday.

In the event of teams on the same points, settled by;  1) goal difference, 2) goals scored, 3) away goals scored, 4) matches won, 5) away matches won, 6) drawing of lots.

Group A

Between Alloa and Ross County to be Group winners, though Arbroath can still finish second albeit with a maximum of probably not quite enough 8points.  From the remaining fixtures, Ross County have two tough away matches, at Arbroath and Alloa. The Alloa v County game on Saturday will be huge to decide the group winners.  Alloa will want at least a point to take them onto 9 which would stand a good chance of going through.

Group B

Montrose need to beat Forfar on Wednesday night to complete their 4 fixtures top of the group on 9 points; they would then have to hope St Johnstone got 0 or 1 point at Forfar on Saturday to qualify as group winners. As it stands, 9 points looks good for qualifying as one of the 4 better runners up for Montrose if St Johnstone got 2 or 3 points on Saturday.

Group C

Inverness the underdogs against the authorities and Cheats of Midlothian Hearts. Let's be honest, in a sensible and fair world the team currently in second should already be out, but a Group decider between the two has been manufactured for this Sunday. Inverness just need a draw. An Inverness defeat and the football authorities get their way Hearts qualify. And good luck to them as I'm sure we all agree.  If hearts win, Inverness finish on 9 which is a good chance of going through as runners up. If hearts don't win, and let's be honest it's the best outcome for the integrity of the sport, then they are not likely to go through as one of the better runners-up. Which would be unfortunate.

Group D

Massive game between the top two on Wednesday night. If Dunfermline win then they've won the group with a game to spare. If Brechin win, then they go top by a point with a Tayside derby to come at Dens on Saturday.  Still an open group with positions 2-5 separated by 2 points. Dundee travel to Peterhead on Wednesay night, with Peterhead already out of contention, but Dundee still in with a good chance of runner-up potentially on 9 points, and an outside chance of winning the group if results went their way.

4 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

When is the second round draw?? 

Last year it was straight after the final group game. 

Seeded teams:

Celtic

Aberdeen

Rangers

Hibs

Ayr United

Dunfermline

St Johnstone

Livingston/ICT

(if ICT get 2 points against Hearts, they will qualify as seeds and Livi go through as an unseeded team. If Hearts win or draw and Hearts get bonus point, then Livingston get the final seeded place)

non-seeded teams:

Ross County

Kilmarnock

Dundee

Motherwell

St Mirren

QOS

and 2 teams out of:  Partick/Livingston/Hearts/ICT that depends on the result tomorrow .

Being seeded hardly gives an easy tie!

Edited by PauloPerth

Seeded teams:
Celtic
Aberdeen
Rangers
Hibs
Ayr United
Dunfermline
St Johnstone
Livingston/QOS
non-seeded teams:
Ross County
Kilmarnock
Dundee
Motherwell
St Mirren
and 3 teams out of:  Patrick/Livingston/QOS/Hearts that depends on the result tomorrow 

Being seeded hardly gives an easy tie!

You've left out ICT who would win the group if they avoid defeat to Hearts.