The 2018/2019 New Kit Thread

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even when you're stuck with Joma you can still have a half decent kit.... shame Dunfermline sells theirs for 50 quid a pop because capitalism.
5b238927b7458_DfuHFRuXUAENFA-1.thumb.jpg.8ca2a21ec5242c307208975bbfb5f96a.jpg

Which begs the question; who picks the template? Why would St Mirren select a three year old one which looks like crap, and Dunfermline choose a reasonable kit from, presumably, the current range?

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Which begs the question; who picks the template? Why would St Mirren select a three year old one which looks like crap, and Dunfermline choose a reasonable kit from, presumably, the current range?

I'm not sure they actually pick something, because if they did, why not put it to a fan vote? More and more clubs go down that route, but only when their supplier actually allows them a choice. It could be that the deal Saint Mirren signed with either Joma itself or Joma's Scotland agent stipulates that the latter have the final say. In which case a round of applause for using the Buddies as a dumping ground for leftover stock!

Whilst we're on the topic of rank Spanish-supplied shirts anyway, Joma were actually fussed enough to deliver what seems like a bespoke kit for German minnows Arminia Bielefeld, who have been nowhere near the Bundesliga in years;

5b23c4c08915b_Behrendt-Schtz-Trikot-18-19-21.thumb.jpg.af7b4cb844f5a394b633495e5367b8c9.jpg

I'm not sure they actually pick something, because if they did, why not put it to a fan vote? More and more clubs go down that route, but only when their supplier actually allows them a choice. It could be that the deal Saint Mirren signed with either Joma itself or Joma's Scotland agent stipulates that the latter have the final say. In which case a round of applause for using the Buddies as a dumping ground for leftover stock! Whilst we're on the topic of rank Spanish-supplied shirts anyway, Joma were actually fussed enough to deliver what seems like a bespoke kit for German minnows Arminia Bielefeld, who have been nowhere near the Bundesliga in years;

5b23c4c08915b_Behrendt-Schtz-Trikot-18-19-21.thumb.jpg.af7b4cb844f5a394b633495e5367b8c9.jpg

Ross County had a vote for their away kit this year. Last year, we had a vote for the home kit, and the final kit was the one which finished second.

Fans in their infinite wisdom went with tartan after voting for something different last year and getting tartan. Once bitten, twice shy, I guess.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

It's grey!

If Hamish French was still playing you could take a b&w picture and a colour picture of him in that kit and they would look the same.

Can be grey and still look brilliant.

Love how they adapted the crest to match the colours. 

3 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

I'm not sure they actually pick something, because if they did, why not put it to a fan vote? More and more clubs go down that route, but only when their supplier actually allows them a choice. It could be that the deal Saint Mirren signed with either Joma itself or Joma's Scotland agent stipulates that the latter have the final say. In which case a round of applause for using the Buddies as a dumping ground for leftover stock!

Whilst we're on the topic of rank Spanish-supplied shirts anyway, Joma were actually fussed enough to deliver what seems like a bespoke kit for German minnows Arminia Bielefeld, who have been nowhere near the Bundesliga in years;

I think most of ours from Joma were "bespoke", which generally meant an extra trim or panel added to a catalogue effort. 

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think most of ours from Joma were "bespoke", which generally meant an extra trim or panel added to a catalogue effort. 

And yet that blue is closer to St. Johnstone's than any Joma St. Johnstone top.

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

And yet that blue is closer to St. Johnstone's than any Joma St. Johnstone top.

I don't even know what "St Johnstone blue" is meant to look like tbh, it's been so long and we've had multiple different shades. 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't even know what "St Johnstone blue" is meant to look like tbh, it's been so long and we've had multiple different shades. 

At first glance, before I read Dutch Borderer's post, I thought that was the new St Johnstone kit and was hugely disappointed that I wasn't going to get the laugh I've been looking forward to. 

Glad I've still got the release to look forward to.

Archived