The 2018/2019 New Kit Thread

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Torfason said:

Why have Celtic copied the Northern Ireland badge?

Celtic fans claim they came up with it and Northern Ireland copied them. Just like they came up with the Poznan first and it was called the Huddle. Probably claim they invented penicillin and television as well.

Why have Celtic copied the Northern Ireland badge?

It looks like the badge they had for their Centenary in 1988
IMG_2799.jpg
Which was supposedly barking back to the 1888 badge
IMG_2800.jpg

This would be their 130th year but that seems a bit of a contrived anniversary

The IFA predate Celtic but their badge has always had a more symmetrical cross
It started like this

IMG_2801.jpg

It looks like the badge they had for their Centenary in 1988
IMG_2799.jpg.9975a46995c771aad1fff2de94fd1112.jpg
Which was supposedly barking back to the 1888 badge
IMG_2800.thumb.jpg.dc8c8b6e8606aad9c4811624b2f04d62.jpg

This would be their 130th year but that seems a bit of a contrived anniversary

The IFA predate Celtic but their badge has always had a more symmetrical cross
It started like this

IMG_2801.jpg.ab32c062b1b31d1bef3d0fb4d6689889.jpg

Hearts dug this old one out for 2014 (the centenary of McRae’s Battalion and the start of the new era)
IMG_2802.jpg

There must be other clubs who’ve done similar special editions

On 6/13/2018 at 11:49, PauloPerth said:

That's not our nickname, and never has been.    Fans have always sung it as it fits better into songs, that's the only reason.

We're from St John's toun of Perth, that's why we're the rightful owner of the nickname 'Saints'.

Regarding Pars, wasn't there a story that there were a bunch of folk from Plymouth working at the dockyard that went along to Dunfermline games, and it was the Plymouth Argyle Rosyth Supporters and the name stuck. Maybe that's shite, but I'm sure I heard something along those lines.

That's one of the theories, no one knows for definite. The four main ones are here, https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Origins_of_Club_Nickname&ID=8875

Another one is actually that when we got admitted to the Scottish Leagues in the early 1900s there was a newspaper article proclaiming us to be "On Par" with the other Scottish clubs. 

33 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

St Mirren tops are fucking howling. Standard Joma.

Won’t be surprised if Saints release a dreadful kit that actually turns out to be worse than any Joma effort we had. It’s the St Johnstone way.

Get your fucking hole please. You're like a wee bitch just now.

St Mirren tops are fucking howling. Standard Joma.

Won’t be surprised if Saints release a dreadful kit that actually turns out to be worse than any Joma effort we had. It’s the St Johnstone way.
What's even worse is our home kit is the shit they couldn't shift from their warehouse from last season [emoji23]. Although our version looks better than Thistle's version, not by much though
Oooh, I'd forgotten we'll now be back in the franchise...
giphy.gif

In PES too, which is a much better game [emoji7].

4 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

In PES too, which is a much better game emoji7.png.

If only!

PES was my goto game after playing football games on the computer since the early 80s, but from about 2012 onwards it's been an absolute shambles. Even it's much vaunted "we might not have the licences, but we do have the best physics engine" is a thing of the past. They now have a limited licence for some teams but the engine is a fucking mess.

I've had to shift to FIFA and while I'm not happy sucking EA's corporate c*ck, at this moment it's light years ahead of PES. I wish it wasn't.. :(

Archived