The 2018/2019 New Kit Thread

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Not sure if football tops should feature a notorious suicide spot tbh

McDiarmid park isn't that bad!

White socks today which some saints fans have called out for.

The sky blue doesn't really stand out in a game situation.

8 hours ago, tree house tam said:

It's on top of the Main stand obviously. 

If you stand on the fast lane of the North bound bypass you can see it, just like the picture on the top. You usually need to be there for 4 minutes just to focus right enough. I'd advise all Dundonians to sample it, amazing view when it all aligns up. Amazing.

This made me laugh, Tam; well done. About time. 

Any idea how much the local economy raked in today from tourists flocking to see the infamous Perth skyline?

Let's be honest here, that bit of the top will be tucked into shorts so most folk won't notice it. Bit too much going on but it's actually a decent effort and a massive step up from Joma. 

I dunno like. A straight oot the catalogue number like the Stranraer one looks better imo

IMG_2030.jpg

Still not convinced by our home strip, but I like the away one. It looked good "in play", as it were, against Killie.

Of the absolute minters, that hilariously bad Dundee away, which to be fair is somewhat evened out by a decent home one, and the Saintees home top that is like the girl who looks good from behind until they turn around - except reversed as the front of the top looks okay but the back... jeezo.

Simplicity and retro seem to be the key this season, the WC tops showed that, so it's interesting that of two sides that have taken on that vibe; Livi and Hamilton, the Livi tops look great both home and away, yet the Accies ones look like they were grabbed out of some bargain bin then had a stupid logo ironed on the front by their collective mums.

I've seen quite a lot of the Celtic away top, the one with the celtic cross as the badge. I get the history element but it looks horrendous and even those wearing it about town look a bit sheepish. Talking of sheep, the Aberdeen home is nice, the grey away top though looks rotten.

I was "lucky" enough to see the Rangers orange top as one of my neighbours sons has one, he's not a lad of slight figure (I know, a slightly portly Rangers fan, what gives?) and it really is a shocker. Not so much the orange, although that is bad, but the side stripes stretch when on the "larger" model and looks hilarious.

Motherwell seem fine, I've never been a fan of their colours but it's pretty much down the line in terms of safe bet. I am prob in the minority here but I dislike the MFC written badge of the away top. To me that style always looks like 1970s clip art.

Quite like Hibs' efforts, as this year they've managed to make the Marathon logo not look entirely out of place. As for Hearts? Well it's the epitome of simplicity and no harm in that. They always get brownie points from me due to the sponsor being something of note rather than a business or alcohol/betting firm.

TL;DR?

Dundee away, Saintees home ... :lol:

Livi away, our away... :wub:

22 hours ago, Owsley said:

Totally agree. Will we ever see proper hoops again? These red backs are awful.  For all that Accies have many old photographs inside the stadium of us wearing thick hoops, there doesn't seem to be any appetite to bring these back. I'd love to see a return, even if just for one season, of the thick hoops circa 79-81. This is the worst Adidas one yet. 

As for a third kit, when will we ever need it? Aberdeen, Celtic will see us wear black you'd think. We often don't change v Killie but if we did it'd be black again. Against Hibs, the white would clash with their sleeves and we don't really need to change against them anyway. I suppose it will be worn unnecessarily, just to give it an airing.

We'll wear it against Hearts, then some random games for a laugh. 

On 7/2/2018 at 12:40, Im_Rodger said:

Dundee fans making fun of St Johnstones kit for them to release an abomination. 

:green

image.thumb.png.72b9cf3ca3cd511c888e2454716a690e.png

On 7/2/2018 at 12:51, Moo said:

Good idea behind it, shite strip though.

Brick walls have been around for years m9.

Who the feck are McEwan Fraser?
How many teams are they sponsoring?

Solicitors and Estate Agents. Without looking it up I think they are at three clubs after having four last year with us as a partner last season.

Anybody any idea how much McEwan & Fraser, or anybody for that matter, pays to get their name on the shirt? I'd imagine it varies from team to team but outside of the 2 cheeks I don't suppose there would be much of a difference. 

Anybody any idea how much McEwan & Fraser, or anybody for that matter, pays to get their name on the shirt? I'd imagine it varies from team to team but outside of the 2 cheeks I don't suppose there would be much of a difference. 

I don’t know but apparently the Fraser of McEwan Fraser played for Both Rangerses (Glasgow & Berwick) as well as East Fife and Cowdenbeath

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Fraser_(footballer,_born_1963)

On 17/07/2018 at 21:14, KHVRN said:

I actually think this is a crackin top. Love the homage to the very first Celtic kit.

It's a shame they'll have to be wearing their horrendous home top though

Archived