The 2018/2019 New Kit Thread

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Hummel reminds me of Diadora. Especially in that Rangers home kit. 

Diadora are one of my favourite kit manufacturers. 

Hoping the rumours are true about the Hamilton Academical kits.

Home:- The famous red and white hoops.

Away:- A Smart all black design. (I'm sure many fans I've spoken to have been wanting this for a while.)

Third:- White top with a red diagonal stripe, along with red shorts. (If it looks similar to the Peru kit that'll be my first purchase of the 3.)

Like this?

Image result for killie away strip 2017

4 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Not up-to-date with recent merchandise developments, but surely they can't be peddling men, women and children Hummel tops for £50 a pop in this day-and-age?

The Celtic top is £56 for the short sleeve and £64 for the long. 

Pardon my being an oblivious foreigner, but can someone explain the notion of orange being a naughty colour for Rangers? Not a dig, I just genuinely don't know.

Those hummel (like adidas, they insist on the first letter in their name being lowercase) tops are pretty decent, better than anything Rangers wore in the past four years certainly.

3 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Hoping the rumours are true about the Hamilton Academical kits.

Home:- The famous red and white hoops.

Away:- A Smart all black design. (I'm sure many fans I've spoken to have been wanting this for a while.)

Third:- White top with a red diagonal stripe, along with red shorts. (If it looks similar to the Peru kit that'll be my first purchase of the 3.)

If that's the case then I hope when the Academicals come to Paisley that St. Mirren tell you to wear your 4th strip because all three will clash with our home kit.

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:

Pardon my being an oblivious foreigner, but can someone explain the notion of orange being a naughty colour for Rangers? Not a dig, I just genuinely don't know.

365 posts on a Scottish football forum, and clearly have a first-class grasp of the English language, yet you have no idea why orange is a ‘naughty’ colour for the Sevco 2012 Globetrotters AllStar XI.

In short, I don’t believe you.

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:

Those hummel (like adidas, they insist on the first letter in their name being lowercase) tops are pretty decent, better than anything Rangers wore in the past four years certainly.

William of Orange aka King Billy. 

14 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Isn't NewBalance quite wearable with trendies these days?

For trainers, aye, but I wouldn't say they're particularly any more desirable for other sportswear than hummel although I could be wrong as I've been out the country for over 2 years. 

I don't think your average football fan is too concerned with the kit maker though as long as the strip is a good design and quality. Maybe if it was Asda George or Primark it would have a negative effect on sales, but other than that I don't think fans are too bothered. 

5 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Well there's nothing 'naughty' about it.  A coterie of Rangers fans like the colour because of what Dee Man says:

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

William of Orange aka King Billy. 

Indeed.  Just as the Roi flag is 1/3 Orange for exactly the same reason.

18 minutes ago, Moo said:

Bit of a shambles that some teams haven’t revealed their kits yet and the competitive football starts for most teams Saturday.

Why?

Squad photo this week with our new home strips, new signings, kiddy on kick about in the diddy cup. Building up nicely for the new Premiership season.

Archived