The 2018/2019 New Kit Thread

37 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Looking at the shirt history for the Buddies, very few decent shirt in recent times;

http://historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/St_Mirren/St_Mirren.htm

This..

st_mirren_2014-2015-1st.gif

And the truly awful away top that is so awful it doesn't even feature on the site were just a few years ago. Granted the Joma home kit (last season) was closer to what we expect.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Looks like the kind of outfit Boredom would wear on a night out.

Add a pair of loafers and you're there. 

Just now, Owsley said:

I don't even need to click on that to know that St Mirren have had a new strip every single season since 90/91. Even the arse cheeks sometimes kept a design for two seasons, in fact it's only in the last few seasons that they have gone for a new one each season. Always liked the fact that Accies used to keep the same shirt for a couple of seasons, even three seasons I seem to recall but we're on the bandwagon with everyone else these days.

It hasn't fully caught on in the lower leagues, yet, thankfully. A few clubs have signed chartners with their fans which prohibits them from changing both the home and away shirt each season (instead they rotate one of the two out each year) outside of changing suppliers. It's what Berwick does, as well as all the Pendle-wearing clubs (Brechin, Arbroath, Forfar, Alloa), and Elgin, Stranraer, Albion Rovers, Stenhousemuir, and Stirling. The rest of the SPFL (including all Premiership and Championship teams) rotate both home and away kits on an annual basis.

Then again, you can get too crazy with retaining your strip; Alloa played in the same Stanno shirt for four seasons before swapping this summer, and Queen's Park are keeping their Under Armour kits for a sixth(!) season in 18/19, although served as a reserve kit for two years. That, and Irn-Bru altered their sponsor outing over the years, but the base design remained the same.

5 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Is this the new the rangers top?

For their sake, I hope it isn't (and for the rest of us I hope it is) because that is a design from an old hummel teamwear catalogue, worn in recent years by such world-famous teams as Albirex Niigata, Singapore's champions;

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2017/09/24/albirex-niigata-singapore-fc-2017-home-shirt/

5b1fe49008dca_whatsapp-image-2017-09-03-at-11-06-171.jpeg.a95c4518877eb33813b169030ac6255d.jpeg

3 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

For their sake, I hope it isn't (and for the rest of us I hope it is) because that is a design from an old hummel teamwear catalogue, worn in recent years by such world-famous teams as Albirex Niigata, Singapore's champions;

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2017/09/24/albirex-niigata-singapore-fc-2017-home-shirt/

5b1fe49008dca_whatsapp-image-2017-09-03-at-11-06-171.jpeg.a95c4518877eb33813b169030ac6255d.jpeg

That would be perfect for Fundee Ushite-it. IMO.

5 hours ago, Owsley said:

I don't even need to click on that to know that St Mirren have had a new strip every single season since 90/91. Even the arse cheeks sometimes kept a design for two seasons, in fact it's only in the last few seasons that they have gone for a new one each season. Always liked the fact that Accies used to keep the same shirt for a couple of seasons, even three seasons I seem to recall but we're on the bandwagon with everyone else these days.

This is utter pish. Celtic and Deadco (and nowSevco) have been changing their strips every season for years. 

8 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

(Genuinely) they should switch to a largely white affair with blue trim of the correct shade.

I think that would look schmert.

slightly related to this, heard Duncan Fraser talking about kits at a Dons do earlier this season. He was defending the blue kit after a question from one of the fans. Said that managers 100% always want a white away kit, but it never sells. Change the colour up each year and fans will buy it as it's something different. Explains the Dons' away kits of the last few years!

15 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

After 9000 hours in MS Paint....... I give you St Mirren's 18/19 kit

drrr.jpg.05c5677dd9c6d64805016692c7aa0e66.jpg

It's really not the worst kit we've had, but if the club insist on going for a Joma template kit off the shelf then how can they get it so wrong? Ten mins with the Joma catalogue and I think I might have already done a better job. How difficult is black and white stripes?!:huh:

Home option one - Thinner stripes to appeal more to the traditionalists. Kinda harks back to the 1999/00 Championship shirt, and the League Cup winning shirt of 2012/13.

Home option two - Thicker stripes seems to have been the shirt of choice of late, so if they must stick by it at least go for stripes that don't look like they've bled in the wash?

Away - Saints away kits have ranged from the bland to the downright horrific over the last 10-15 yrs. Red seems to be the consensus, so why not go for something off the peg that's smart, keeps the stripes and might sell better than that monstrosity we had last year that even the club seemed to give up on after the first half of the season when they decided to opt more for the all black kit.

Goalkeeper - Cant really go wrong with the blue. We do tend to have a couple of other colours (the purple this year was pretty nice) but again we've had some shockers..the orange ones are always an assault on the eyes as have some of the more day-glo shades.

Really not that hard was it?

Away.png

GK.png

Home 1.png

Home 2.png

25 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Saints Director on Twitter...

Considering he's replying to me there, I am very curious as to who will end up with the egg on their face. Would love to be pleasantly surprised by a bespoke effort, but the previews smack of last season's Jags kit.

Archived