Motherwell v St Johnstone 05-05-18. The battle for Bottom Six Supremacy

1 hour ago, Im_Rodger said:

Why would you want a full strength team the week before the Scottish Cup Final?

Not something your lot will need to worry about anytime soon, but Mo. Ment. Um. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Im_Rodger said:

Why would you want a full strength team the week before the Scottish Cup Final?

I might be the only one - but to me that came over as if spoken in a worried voice :)

I might be the only one - but to me that came over as if spoken in a worried voice [emoji4]

Not worried just silly to play a full strength team the week before the Scottish Cup Final.

On 5/1/2018 at 14:18, Desp said:

As close to the cup final team here as we can, injuries permitting.  Same with the Accies game the following week.  We can chop and change for the Thistle game in midweek.

Another 2-0 win for Motherwell to have our name on the Bottom 6 Trophy.

Carson

Kipré  Aldred  Dunne

Cadden Campbell Grimshaw McHugh Tait

Main  Bowman

Fully on board with this approach. Zero point in changing up the team unless someone's carrying an injury.

The positive is that we can probably afford to be a but more cautious now eg: Bowman coming off before HT on Saturday. If he's still feeling the effects then start Ciftci who'll at least have had a full week training rather than a day.

I noticed Hartley's back in training too.

On 01/05/2018 at 14:18, Desp said:

We can chop and change for the Thistle game in midweek.

Pretty much why I’m hoping for a Well win here. Beat Saints to pretty much guarantee 7th, then go on holiday mode for Thistle xoxo

Motherwell hope Ryan Bowman can recover from a knee problem, while fellow forward Nadir Ciftci could feature after an ankle injury.

Andy Rose, George Newell, Craig Tanner and Peter Hartley are joined on the sidelines by James Scott (broken toe).

Fuxake - the curse of the strikers, er, strikes again. We're not far off Petravicious starting in the final....

Should be making this game now, purely because of MacLean, won't make next week though, so would be nice for me to see Mannus and Millar again, but highly doubt that'll happen. 

Clark

Kerr - Shaughnessy - Anderson 

Foster - Davidson - Willock - Tanser 

Williams 

McMillan - MacLean 

Is what I'm sort of hoping for. Not sure if McMillan is able to play an hour though. 

1-1

I ain’t going, but will be at the County game. Shame I’ll never see MacLean again, but if it means the last time I see him in a saints shirt was scoring against Dundee and winding their fans up, so be it. I’m ok with that.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Should be making this game now, purely because of MacLean, won't make next week though, so would be nice for me to see Mannus and Millar again, but highly doubt that'll happen. 

Clark

Kerr - Shaughnessy - Anderson 

Foster - Davidson - Willock - Tanser 

Williams 

McMillan - MacLean 

Is what I'm sort of hoping for. Not sure if McMillan is able to play an hour though. 

When big Mick comes off throw on Scougall and have him and Williams playing off Macca. Job done.

A few changes innit. Çiftçi, Frear and Maguire all start.

Motherwell: Carson, Grimshaw, Cadden, McHugh, Main, Frear, Dunne, Aldred, Campbell, Çiftçi, Maguire

Motherwell subs: Griffiths, Hendrie, Bigirimana, Bowman, Petravicius, MacLean, Turnbull

Archived