The Programme

Can anything at £2 be "overpriced"? The amount of money you spend travelling all over the place to watch women's under 12 football in Shetland I'd think chucking a couple of quid at a programme produced by hard working volunteers would be fine.

21 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Can anything at £2 be "overpriced"? The amount of money you spend travelling all over the place to watch women's under 12 football in Shetland I'd think chucking a couple of quid at a programme produced by hard working volunteers would be fine.

I’m now starting to understand why you communicate via dots mallow :)

Now now don’t knock it you know the drivel you watch every few weeks when you get to a game. 

For a 3rd time I happily ‘chucked’ £2 at it to get one ... but it was overpriced :)

24 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I’m now starting to understand why you communicate via dots mallow :)

Now now don’t knock it you know the drivel you watch every few weeks when you get to a game. 

For a 3rd time I happily ‘chucked’ £2 at it to get one ... but it was overpriced :)

It might be drivel Rab but it’s our drivel and we will continue to live in hope that we’ll win something one day.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It might be drivel Rab but it’s our drivel and we will continue to live in hope that we’ll win something one day.

Absolutely GB respect to all who follow  their team at all levels come rain, hail or shine :)

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

2 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Picked this one up at the 2nd Groundhop game on Saturday ...  Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts v Heriot-Watt University. Again £2 and overpriced but good to see one produced. 

9805DF96-E98C-4A10-BAF7-33ACED561D21.jpeg

Aye an 8 pager shouldn't be more than a quid a captive market at the groundhop its not as if the hoppers will be back so don't blame the clubs for what they can make out of if.

Used to collect them obsessively when I was a lad (cue hovis brass band music) and would regularly buy bargain packs from that Steve Earle dealer guy in Suffolk as well as buying programmes at any game I attended, be it Celtic or Stirling Albion, the Albion programme in particular was at that time one of the best reads at any level in Scotland, but then it turned out the editor and main writer was a massive peado and he was never seen again other than when the papers reported he got jailed. Various folk have written and edited it since including journalism students from Stirling University.

I have boxes and boxes of them in my parents attic at their house, as well as hundreds of various fanzines and scores of copies of the Celtic View, Shoot and some copies of Match magazine, 90 Minutes, Scottish Football Today and the Dandy & Beano which I bought weekly as a lad, various other comics too such as Victor, Topper and even the handful of copies of the short lived horror comic 'Scream'.

Gradually lost interest in all that when I left school and started going to pubs etc, I still buy the odd copy of Not The View at Celtic Park but haven't bought a programme at any game since the 2003 UEFA Cup Final, when down at my folks a couple of months ago though moving some stuff in their loft for them I found and had a nostalgic leaf through some of my old collection of all that stuff, easily a four figure amount of programmes, fanzines and comics, possibly even five figures. Never got round to making some sort of tally or record of them all but probably will one day, I certainly won't be binning them that's for sure, would be curious to see if any value for them, some of the match programmes are going back to the 1960's before I was born, ones my dad had bought and accumulated. 

Reading that some clubs in the lower leagues dont even produce a match day programme anymore due to financial reasons which is a real shame, some do a digital version and others like Stirling Albion do a monthly one covering anything up to four matches.

Edited by Flybhoy

11 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I'd say it's a bit harsh to call it overpriced considering the game was only £ 5 to get in anyway. Inverkeithing are a new club and are working hard on upgrading their facilities, they need all the money they can get and I can't blame them for trying to use the groundhop as a way to get some badly needed funds in. 

2 hours ago, Marten said:

I'd say it's a bit harsh to call it overpriced considering the game was only £ 5 to get in anyway. Inverkeithing are a new club and are working hard on upgrading their facilities, they need all the money they can get and I can't blame them for trying to use the groundhop as a way to get some badly needed funds in. 

Agreed and it was just a one off. I would maybe have charged the same but long term you’ll sell very few. 

13 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We can’t all travel miles to follow one of the games big boys Rab !!!!! ;-)

You follow your heart GB and sometimes people take the more difficult choice to travel a lot further afield. 

On 4/1/2019 at 22:01, Flybhoy said:

Used to collect them obsessively when I was a lad (cue hovis brass band music) and would regularly buy bargain packs from that Steve Earle dealer guy in Suffolk as well as buying programmes at any game I attended, be it Celtic or Stirling Albion, the Albion programme in particular was at that time one of the best reads at any level in Scotland, but then it turned out the editor and main writer was a massive peado and he was never seen again other than when the papers reported he got jailed. Various folk have written and edited it since including journalism students from Stirling University.

I have boxes and boxes of them in my parents attic at their house, as well as hundreds of various fanzines and scores of copies of the Celtic View, Shoot and some copies of Match magazine, 90 Minutes, Scottish Football Today and the Dandy & Beano which I bought weekly as a lad, various other comics too such as Victor, Topper and even the handful of copies of the short lived horror comic 'Scream'.

Gradually lost interest in all that when I left school and started going to pubs etc, I still buy the odd copy of Not The View at Celtic Park but haven't bought a programme at any game since the 2003 UEFA Cup Final, when down at my folks a couple of months ago though moving some stuff in their loft for them I found and had a nostalgic leaf through some of my old collection of all that stuff, easily a four figure amount of programmes, fanzines and comics, possibly even five figures. Never got round to making some sort of tally or record of them all but probably will one day, I certainly won't be binning them that's for sure, would be curious to see if any value for them, some of the match programmes are going back to the 1960's before I was born, ones my dad had bought and accumulated. 

Reading that some clubs in the lower leagues dont even produce a match day programme anymore due to financial reasons which is a real shame, some do a digital version and others like Stirling Albion do a monthly one covering anything up to four matches.

The Albion programme is back to an individual one for each game this season gets done at the same place as the Cowden one but not as good:P

On 01/04/2019 at 22:01, Flybhoy said:

Loved that comic, man. I can still remember the drawings I did and put up on my wall of the cover art from the 'Beware The Werewolf' and 'Enter The Sea Monster' stand-alone stories. 'The Thirteenth Floor' put me off using the odd lifts in Cranhill flats for a while anaw. :unsure2: The summer specials were great too.

'Not For The Nervous.' 8)

On 04/04/2019 at 13:27, Rab B Nesbit said:

Liverpool v Spurs programme from Sunday. Great coverwork produced by a young fan ... 

0347C7FC-06AF-4616-898D-577D591B4482.jpeg

Very nice artwork from the youngster but the graphic design is absolutely amateur. Really shockingly bad.

I did have that Crown Paints away kit (with the pinstripes) when Dalglish, Souness, Nicol and Hansen were kicking about the place. It was a thing of beauty that glittered like the Golden Fleece. 8)