The Programme

Buy them as an away fan or neutral to get a flavour of the club and what's going on - especially in the non-leagues where there's little press coverage and not as much online. Also collect some old programmes.

Used to buy them every home game but stopped after a while at £2, as I was getting through it in no time and didn't feel it represented value sadly. Think it's up to £2.50 now.

8 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

depends on the programme-some,like cowdens,brechins or clyde are well worth buying with plenty of interesting articles. some are just lazy and I wouldn't wipe my backside on them let alone pay a few quid

The glossy paper makes them unsuitable for arse wiping.

On 5/1/2018 at 09:42, Rab B Nesbit said:

I always buy one from every game I go to and I am afraid I fall in the category of an avid collector :lol: 

Have been the programme editor at Whitehill for a number of years and  I’ve got 1000s of the things. Drives the missus mad and especially with having so many Liverpool  and other Premier League ones that are like books I have boxfuls. 

Funnily enough at Whitehill our sales have never been better with some decent front covers and original content.  

But have you got as many as this guy?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43981612

• 10 months later...
On 01/05/2018 at 21:14, Cptn Hooch said:

Livi offer an online edition for free download.

I think a lot of fans buy programmes more for a souveneir as for a read.if its worth a read fair enough but most programmes aren't with a few honourable exceptions so if it isn't(I don't know,never read a livvy one) is it worth the effort?

I think a lot of fans buy programmes more for a souveneir as for a read.if its worth a read fair enough but most programmes aren't with a few honourable exceptions so if it isn't(I don't know,never read a livvy one) is it worth the effort?

Always like a wee read of it myself but that's probably different for away fans. Can't imagine any Aberdeen fans caring what who Scott Robinson's favourite strictly dancer is. I can't say I've ever bought a programme at an away game unless its a cup final or special occasion but I'd imagine most teams are similar in that they cater more for the home fans

On 3/8/2019 at 08:16, highlandcowden said:

I think a lot of fans buy programmes more for a souveneir as for a read.

absolutely - i've always bought them, and as a consequence have thousands of the fucking things in boxes and drawers all over the house; for away games or random matches, in particular, i find them very evocative and just looking at them will bring back memories of what went on. obviously, though, that notwithstanding, they mean f**k all to anyone who wasn't at the game in question, so they're inherently worthless, but they were and still are very much a part of the whole matchday ritual for me and i'm always disappointed if they've sold out or there isn't one issued...

9 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

absolutely - i've always bought them, and as a consequence have thousands of the fucking things in boxes and drawers all over the house; for away games or random matches, in particular, i find them very evocative and just looking at them will bring back memories of what went on. obviously, though, that notwithstanding, they mean f**k all to anyone who wasn't at the game in question, so they're inherently worthless, but they were and still are very much a part of the whole matchday ritual for me and i'm always disappointed if they've sold out or there isn't one issued...

if I go to a game at a ground ive never been before ill often buy one but otherwise I only buy ones I know are good with plenty to read,not just photos,brain dead interviews&adseg cowdens,clydes.

but you are correct,in most cases theyre inherently worthless with just sentimental value-like someone elses photos

On 04/03/2019 at 13:21, Rab B Nesbit said:

Picked up a few last week ... imageproxy.php?img=&key=9e759d80ec736539

7E86B994-7B11-4B0E-AB8D-2AB2C862828B.jpeg

that's a thing of beauty

On 05/03/2019 at 22:23, Rab B Nesbit said:

Cowdenbeath v Peterhead tonight. Sold out but here’s a pic. 

D35D0355-8EB4-4620-B2EE-CC3C911820FA.jpeg

so youre the reason I couldn't get one,damn you.saved me £2.50 though on an utterly unmemorable evening mind you,so thanks