The Programme

Some of these programmes by the smaller clubs, many of them non-league, put Accies' efforts to shame, and that's just the covers. Many years ago, Accies were up there with the best in the land. Now they must surely be the very worst. The same cover design now for three season, page after page of adverts (seven pages in a row in the one I have in front of me), very little on the excellent youth teams that they are usually not shy to brag about. An On This Day in Scottish Football feature that has wasted space for what seems like decades now. A recent banal example " 1956 Berwick Rangers signed full back Harry Airlie from Seaton Delaval". This one has four full pages of this guff, although it was a double issue at £2.50. They also waste half a page on  an Unacceptable Conduct warning, which used to be a full page. Does any other programme do this? And what sort of effort is it where the final four pages are all adverts? 

4 minutes ago, Owsley said:

Some of these programmes by the smaller clubs, many of them non-league, put Accies' efforts to shame, and that's just the covers. Many years ago, Accies were up there with the best in the land. Now they must surely be the very worst. The same cover design now for three season, page after page of adverts (seven pages in a row in the one I have in front of me), very little on the excellent youth teams that they are usually not shy to brag about. An On This Day in Scottish Football feature that has wasted space for what seems like decades now. A recent banal example " 1956 Berwick Rangers signed full back Harry Airlie from Seaton Delaval". This one has four full pages of this guff, although it was a double issue at £2.50. They also waste half a page on  an Unacceptable Conduct warning, which used to be a full page. Does any other programme do this? And what sort of effort is it where the final four pages are all adverts? 

I’ve not been to Accies for a few seasons but remember the programme there being one of the worst I’ve seen. Don’t like to criticise any ones efforts because it may well even be a volunteer / s doing it even at that level but it was poor for the price. 

3 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I’ve not been to Accies for a few seasons but remember the programme there being one of the worst I’ve seen. Don’t like to criticise any ones efforts because it may well even be a volunteer / s doing it even at that level but it was poor for the price. 

Back in 2012, a few of us contributed some new features to the programme. We kept waiting for them to be used; finally they were included for the last match of the season. It made it so much better but the sales would have been poor as usual as nobody knew it was going to be any better than the usual dross. I've given up on it and tend to only buy one a season as a record of how appalling it is! It seems to be basically two people producing it and one of them has many other tasks to do. I dont know why they can't get some more professional help with it.

5 hours ago, Owsley said:

Everyone is meant to put it in.

Just now, Owsley said:

Cheers, I'll let them off with that one. Maybe I don't notice it so much in programmes that have plenty of content.

Funny enough the Accies programme is done by the same company who does ours, Stirling Albion, Arbroath and Montrose as well as a host of lower league non league sides in England.