Minimum Alcohol Pricing

scottsdad

11 minutes ago, Tamdunk said:

The real question, is the m&s dine in for £10 deal affected?

I actually read earlier in the thread that this would be one of the loopholes - it would be treated like paying a tenner for a bottle of wine. Let the working classes rejoice (particularly the rich plumbers). 

49 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

However,  you've spent the whole thread banging the drum for minimum unit pricing, you quote a story about pre-loading stating that combating it is one of the things that minimum unit pricing is designed to do but you didn't "approve or disapprove or pass judgement"?   

Yeah, I agree with it, I'm not sure if there's really anything odd about that. I didn't say anything positive or negative about it earlier is what I meant.

35 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Idea for Dragon's Den - M&S dine in for £10 deal but with Frosty Jacks instead of wine.

It would need to be M&S dine in for £11.25 then,  not quite the same ring about it...

Is pre loading a massive issue now though, the licencing board are way more strict than ever before regarding behavior in establishments and the serving of clearly intoxicated people (yeah the 2nd part happens however when someone becomes pished over a period of time instead of one big hit of high strength booze its harder to spot) 

Id say in todays environment you'd be lucky to get by a bouncer at night after getting pre loaded to the extent that you become a statistic that the government wishes to change

What I’m concerned about is gone are the days when Lidl decide they want to shift their existing wine stock for a new line and reduce everything to £3 or thereabouts. :(

Really though, I tend to agree with the misgivings over this law despite the fact it won’t really generally affect me. As a point of principle I don’t think it is a good law.

First bottle of whisky I bought in 1977 was £6

Same stuff in 2018 is £14. (before 01/05/18 )

Allowing for inflation it should be around the £30-£35 mark.

So if you like a dram, you have been quids in for 40 odd years.:)

Hopefully the caring 'Progressives' and lefties will raise the price of cheap food too to stop the stupid poor eating and getting fat.
Then they can run on a platform of raising the minimum wage to save these people from poverty.
#votesforfood
I think you'll find that the "lefties" on this thread actually don't support the policy.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
On 5/1/2018 at 16:03, banana said:
Hopefully the caring 'Progressives' and lefties will raise the price of cheap food too to stop the stupid poor eating and getting fat.
Then they can run on a platform of raising the minimum wage to save these people from poverty.
#votesforfood

I think you'll find that the "lefties" on this thread actually don't support the policy.

oEu3nfx.png

19 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
On 01/05/2018 at 15:56, Lurkst said:
Wullie Rennie wants it set at 60p a unit minimum.

Willie Rennie is a hypocritical arsehole.

Having a sly dig at Charlie beyond the grave imo.