Stirling Albion v Peterhead/Peterhead v Stirling Albion

What a dissappointing way to end the season, we were never at the races today. Well done to Peterhead, they showed everyone how good a side they were and what type of player you can get if you, as a club, show a bit of ambition.

We huffed and puffed for the first half hour but other than a few dangerous balls into the box that went skidding out for a Throw In or Goal Kick, we didn’t really create anything. Then the inevitable happened.

You’ll never guess how the 1st goal was scored, corner into the box and the big man jumps up and heads it in. Cross balls have done us for years now and it did so again today.

Once the goal went in, you instantly saw the heads go down. Minutes layers Kavanagh was gifted with a glorious chance, but blasted his effort over the bar, much to the frustration of......everyone.

Second Half, Peterhead came out with the bit between their teeth and we looked to give up hope, once McAllistair scored their 2nd the score could of ended up anything, we were so abysmal. As bad as anything we have been over the last few years.

If it wasn’t for Binnie and Peterhead taking their foot off the pedal, it could of been 6 or 7. Sure, the frustration on the players faces was there for all to see, but we simply weren’t good enough, and haven’t been for the last few months.

Again we Defended poorly, again we have the ball away cheaply, again there was little creativity going forward, again there was a lack of any goal scoring opportunities and again we lacked someone who could take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Well done again Peterhead, play like that next week and you’ll be crushing back to League 1.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well its been said in previous posts felt that the game was evenly matched until Peterhead scored, 1-0 down at halftime. 2nd half Kavanagh missed a glorious chance for us to score and he blasted it over the bar and then Peterhead grab a 2nd and 3rd goal within a few minutes and it was game over for us. Disappointed by our performance in the 2nd half but it was not be. Good luck to Peterhead against Stenny in the Final hope you go up. 

So its back to the drawing board for next season, just hope Dave MacKay manages to get the players we need to get us over the line next season, thanks to the players for their effort this season and hope we go 1 better next season and get promoted. 

Surprised at the lack of posts from Peterhead fans BUT can I also just say a huge well done to the club on their pricing policy for yesterday’s game. It was obviously an expensive day with fuel, lunch, tea, programme, half time draw tickets, 2 x pin badges and a pack of tablet yesterday.....along with 2 cups of coffee.....but it’s a credit to your club that it it cost £12 for me and my 7 year old son to get in. Well done, other clubs should take note [emoji1319]

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

The better team won. Peterhead are miles ahead. Best of luck to them in the final, reckon you lot will win it.

Until we scored our first goal I thought it was pretty even with Stirling Albion probably just the better team. Once we went ahead it looked like you were resigned to being second best and after halftime it was much more one sided in our favour. Thanks for your good wishes and best of luck to the Binos next season.

Until we scored our first goal I thought it was pretty even with Stirling Albion probably just the better team. Once we went ahead it looked like you were resigned to being second best and after halftime it was much more one sided in our favour. Thanks for your good wishes and best of luck to the Binos next season.

I'd agree. If we took our chances it would have been a different game completely. f**k knows how Kav missed that.

One thing I will miss if you do go up is the pub at the ground. What a place.

Guest TOPFITTER

Was distinctly nervous for this game and the 1st 30 minutes only made my butterflies worse. The onslaught with the wind in Stirling's back was continual and somehow Peterhead were managing to repel the invasion. Thereafter the Blue Toon gradually gained more possession and worked out how to survive the wind against, and from Wullie Gibson's corner Mason Robertson bulleted a header to the delight of the Balmoor faithful and that was effectively that.

Don't get me wrong Stirling had chances but the incredible miss from Kavanagh kind of let everyone know it wasn't going to be Albion's day !!! Peterhead's dominance was expected in the 2nd and they delivered Rory and Jason finishing from good moves.

Darren Barr magnificent along with Stanger very good over the two ties. For Peterhead a great team performance over the tie but Mr Commitment Himself was Magnificent Mason, the man has had a topsy turvy season but on this form He and Jason with Aidan and Jamie will be holding 1st division attacks at bay next season.

See you all at Ochilview Park Wednesday night, Mason to exorcise some demons !!!!

After what I seen of Mason Robertson over these 2 games I’m stunned he “had a topsy turvy season” the lad strolled it and looked good enough to play League 1 or date I say it, Championship level.

Spoiler

Picked up a few knocks earlier in the season mainly down to being brave enough to put his head in where it hurts so missed the odd game. Was unfortunate to be in the wrong place at the wrong time during the 3-2 defeat at Montrose so was rested for a few games but has come back in good form since.

58 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

After what I seen of Mason Robertson over these 2 games I’m stunned he “had a topsy turvy season” the lad strolled it and looked good enough to play League 1 or date I say it, Championship level.

5 minutes ago, peternapper said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Picked up a few knocks earlier in the season mainly down to being brave enough to put his head in where it hurts so missed the odd game. Was unfortunate to be in the wrong place at the wrong time during the 3-2 defeat at Montrose so was rested for a few games but has come back in good form since.

Yeah,  a spell on the bench appears to have been  the motivation he needed to come back strong.

As has been said, Stirling started well with the wind helping them and if they had scored then things might have been different. Once we settled though and got ahead it was very much a case of "Darren who?" although to be fair he looked far from 100% and it was all very comfortable in the end.

Yeah,  a spell on the bench appears to have been  the motivation he needed to come back strong.
As has been said, Stirling started well with the wind helping them and if they had scored then things might have been different. Once we settled though and got ahead it was very much a case of "Darren who?" although to be fair he looked far from 100% and it was all very comfortable in the end.

Smith's been nursing an injury for weeks. We are that reliant on Peaso and Smith we've had to play him when we can. A fully fit Daz might have lowered the pumping we received, maybe.

Smith's been nursing an injury for weeks. We are that reliant on Peaso and Smith we've had to play him when we can. A fully fit Daz might have lowered the pumping we received, maybe.
Acorinding to Stuart Brown a few weeks ago Daz has only been at 80% the full season

Archived