Stirling Albion v Peterhead/Peterhead v Stirling Albion

Well, here it is, probably the tie that most Stirling fans didn’t want but we’ve got to get on with it and get through things.

It’s fair to say that we need big improvements over both games, if we have got any hope of going through to the Play Off finals, as we have been very out of sorts over the last couple of months. There is no doubt we can do it, as we have shown over the season that we can be a good side, let’s just keep our fingers crossed we can pull things together in time.

Talking of keeping our fingers crossed, I’m sure that’s what Dave Mackay will be doing with regards to the fitness of Darren Smith and Peter MacDonald. If Saturday showed us anything it’s that we really struggle to make anything stick up top without them, although it probably doesn’t help when Andy Little is injured also.

I just hope that after Wednesday night, we are still in a tie to travel up to. Heading up with my 7 year old son, it’s going to be a long car journey up there is we are already dead and buried.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've limped over the line when we should have had the play offs secured weeks ago. Our form has been pish of late. But as Stuart Brown said on Saturday, we are due some form.

Team wise we really need Daz and Peaso for this.

Stirling fans are going on as though Peterhead are some kind of quality outfit that will discard of them with ease. Previous form means nothing in these games and Peterhead are as dog shit as yourselves.

Hope that Darren Smith is back for this, a reason why has POTY in League 2 was evident as he was badly missed on Saturday,  while Kavanagh and McLaughlin put in plenty of effort,  they carried little goal threat and created  nothing between them.

A fit McDonald and Smith up front is a must for the Albion in this tie to have a chance.

Hope that Darren Smith is back for this, a reason why has POTY in League 2 was evident as he was badly missed on Saturday,  while Kavanagh and McLaughlin put in plenty of effort,  they carried little goal threat and created  nothing between them.
A fit McDonald and Smith up front is a must for the Albion in this tie to have a chance.

Peaso is the difference imo. He holds the ball up and creates chances for those around him. We need him fit and able to play Wednesday and Saturday.

Echo previous comments need Darren Smith and Peter MacDonald to be fit for Wednesday night. Previous meetings between the sides at Forthbank have been tight affairs, so if we can get our noses in front for the return leg then anything can happen.

Let’s go for it we have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

Stirling fans are going on as though Peterhead are some kind of quality outfit that will discard of them with ease. Previous form means nothing in these games and Peterhead are as dog shit as yourselves.

This. League form means nothing in these games and 6 wins in a row and the 21 point gap    are irrelevant.

It's all about the teams with the most desire that can handle the pressure and cope with 4 big games in quick succession.

This. League form means nothing in these games and 6 wins in a row and the 21 point gap    are irrelevant.

It's all about the teams with the most desire that can handle the pressure and cope with 4 big games in quick succession.

From a selfish point of view I would like to see Peterhead go up mostly for traveling to away games they have been the been the best team u have seen this season and think they would probably be equally good next year . As for stenny and Stirling they both go into these on no form at all no wins in 4 for both I think , that said they might just spark into action but I don't see it ( been wrong before lots of times [emoji23])

I think it might come down to the managers in McPherson queens park have the best shrewd and has done it before ,play offs always an exciting and nerve jangling time for fans enjoy

Guest TOPFITTER
5 hours ago, Neilly said:

If ever there was a dressing room wall clip this is it, it is hopefully going to be a serious egg-on-face post that will be quoted often !!! :)

For me it only really depends on which Blue Toon Team turns up, the Want-It-Confident-Footballing Team or the Lost-Boys-Without a Clue or HEART. Guess which one I think would easily take the tie ???

See you Wednesday.

Anyone know if the club will be running busses to phead on Saturday?

Spoke to Ray Vaughn about it briefly on Saturday. There is and more details will follow. Sadly my son plays football in the morning so I’ll have to take the car.

Anyone know if the club will be running busses to phead on Saturday?

The club ran buses to Annan and Peterhead last time, would think they'll do it again. Would be good if they did, get a big support up for it.

Two times in the play offs and promotion each time for Stirling Albion. 
No pressure on the current squad then !

I'd say most of the pressure is on Peterhead. They were supposed to walk the league. They're favourites for this tie as well.

They were favourites for the title even when trailing us. It wasn't until we turned you lot over that the bookies seen the light.
Good luck in the play offs. Had some good banter with you lads last time you were up at LP. A healthy following unlike Peterheid despite us being one of their closest games and closest rivals.

Good luck in the play offs. Had some good banter with you lads last time you were up at LP. A healthy following unlike Peterheid despite us being one of their closest games and closest rivals.

Thank you. I think it’s safe to say that if we don’t go up, Montrose is an away day that most fans will miss. You’re certainly a good club with a friendly support and fingers crossed we join you for next season.

Cheers mate. Just think of the following if we come up with you.

Archived