Arbroath v Dumbarton | Dumbarton v Arbroath | Championship Play Off Semi

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

On paper that looks decent. The 3 behind the striker in particular. Bit wary of Froxylias

Froxy is a complete luxury player. He's barely had a look in since the Irn Bru Cup final. Capable of skinning two players and ripping one into the top bin but also capable of completely abandoning his defensive duties and costing us goals. He also mainly gets played wide when it's clear he's far better in the middle. I highly doubt my team above will be the one that plays - I expect Handling will start and possibly Walsh. Both players who don't have an ounce of fight in them and only turn it on when they can be arsed.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Froxy is a complete luxury player. He's barely had a look in since the Irn Bru Cup final. Capable of skinning two players and ripping one into the top bin but also capable of completely abandoning his defensive duties and costing us goals. He also mainly gets played wide when it's clear he's far better in the middle. I highly doubt my team above will be the one that plays - I expect Handling will start and possibly Walsh. Both players who don't have an ounce of fight in them and only turn it on when they can be arsed.

Tom Walsh and Danny Handling both good players too... when you compare that to Omar Kader and Josh Skelly being our second choice wide options after Danny Denholm and Bobby Linn it’s not too shabby at all.

Tonight will be tough, I certainly won’t be underestimating you guys. For some mental reason the bookies have us at 1.85 and Dumbarton 4.00.

I'm right up for this game now. However, if Handling starts all of my recent optimism will be flushed right down the pan.

A nice early goal would calm any nerves on - and off - the pitch. Mon eh Sons!!

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Tom Walsh and Danny Handling both good players too... when you compare that to Omar Kader and Josh Skelly being our second choice wide options after Danny Denholm and Bobby Linn it’s not too shabby at all.

Tonight will be tough, I certainly won’t be underestimating you guys. For some mental reason the bookies have us at 1.85 and Dumbarton 4.00.

I'll give you the benefit of doubt in that you probably haven't seen much of Handling recently - he's a complete shitebag and offers very little. Walsh has ability but hasn't looked interested since January.

I reckon the bookies have it about right considering the form of both teams (your QP result aside).

The Bet 365 in play live graphic is your friend.

You feel fairly pathetic sitting watching it but it does give you a better feel for the game and has live stats etc. You dont need an account to watch it I don't think.

Edited to add - it's also the quickest update you'll get. Livescores and the Twitter are always a minute or so behind.
When i watch it I'm transported back to the Spectrum cheering on my pixel based sprites to glory.

I'd go with......

Hutton

Little ToB Hammy

Denholm Martin Swankie Whatley Linn

Wallace McKenna

Linn/ Denholm switching wings at points depending on how the game is going. Bring on McIntosh after an hour depending on how things are going and potentially replace one of Linn/ Denholm unless they're both having good games. Would be good to give a striker and a wide player a rest for Saturday especially if they're not performing well this evening while also giving another player a chance to get into Saturday's starting 11 with a good game off the bench. Obvious replacements off the bench out wide are Gold/ Omar and obviously it depends how the game is going but I'd tend to go with Omar; he's had an awful, awful run of form in the past few months but he does have a knack of getting a goal/ assist in times of need and coming on as an impact sub seems to suit him more than starting.

Have an odd wee feeling that Pongo won't get on this evening, but he will on Saturday in a time of need and shine through...

Bet365 is torture but brilliant at the same time for watching games.

Dangerous attacks just mean the ball is high up the pitch, always shite it thinking there’s a goal.

Great feeling when it changes from dangerous attack to suspended though and the goal flashes up.

Increasingly pessimistic as game approaches, 2-0 Dumbarton ☹️

6 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Edited to add - it's also the quickest update you'll get. Livescores and the Twitter are always a minute or so behind.

Have to object! The semi-official Arbroath twitter home game feed posts goals within a few seconds. In fact, due to cock-ups on my part, sometimes a goal has been reported before they have even been scored @lichtieslive (and don't mention the time a red card was missed for most of the second half!!!) :lol:

Bet365 is torture but brilliant at the same time for watching games.

Dangerous attacks just mean the ball is high up the pitch, always shite it thinking there’s a goal.

Great feeling when it changes from dangerous attack to suspended though and the goal flashes up.

Increasingly pessimistic as game approaches, 2-0 Dumbarton ☹️

Take your negativity and f**k off

Without stating the obvious we can’t win anything tonight but we can certainly play ourselves out of it, whilst a goal or more lead would be great to take into Saturday I don’t think a draw is the worst result. 

Going down there with the tie in the balance is important and I think overall there is more pressure on Dumbarton. 

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Bet365 have Dumbarton at 3/1 to win. Are they really that unlikely to get a win?

I'd say we might be worth a punt at that price. We aren't fantastic, and I'm not confident, but we have some good players, and a decent record against lower league opposition this season.

Draw looks likely for me tonight though.

I went to Dundee United v Dumbarton about a month ago, and I thought Dumbarton were terrible that night, but I’m sure they beat United at home the following weekend, hope this helps. 

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

And tonight's score?

Scott Gallacher

David Smith Andy Dowie Craig Barr Liam Dick

Stuart Carswell Kyle Hutton

Tom Walsh Danny Handling Andy Stirling

Calum Gallagher

Subs: Ewings, Grant Gallagher, Stewart, Froxy, Beany, Nisbet, Burt

I'm going to slag off Walsh and Handling here purely in the hope I jinx them.

Handling has done three positive things in a Dumbarton top. Score a belter against TNS, score a belter against Morton and tackle Tom Taiwo. I know he's spent a long time out injured, but I've seen very, very little to convince me he's a better option than Froxy and Burt.

Tom Walsh is a smashing player. We know that. Unfortunately he hasn't kicked his own backside since scoring the winner against St Mirren in December, and looks totally disinterested. If rumours of a pre-contract in January are true I wouldn't be surprised, as he looks to have totally lost the desire he had earlier in the campaign.

0-2 (Walsh 41, Handling 72).

Archived