Arbroath v Dumbarton | Dumbarton v Arbroath | Championship Play Off Semi

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falky was superb and Sheerin still played at high level, Darren Hill is better than both Gomes and Hutton. I believe our current back 3 is better than the 4 that played that night. I’d probably say overall that we are better now

And do you think your current team are better than that mob?

Squad is absolutely miles ahead.

Actual team I’m not so sure it’s close.

Swankie and Doris partnership was different class at that time and Falkingham was just ridiculous, Sheerin also a star.

Doris is injured and has been all season basically and Swankie now plays central midfield. ToB and Scott Martin are two of the best players I’ve seen in my time supporting us though they’re right up there.

6 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Obviously it depends on how the first-leg goes, but do you guys reckon you'll bring a decent number down to the the Rock?

We have a pretty strong travelling support normally and I would expect a good and very vocal representation for Saturday.

6 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

We have a pretty strong travelling support normally and I would expect a good and very vocal representation for Saturday.

That's good to hear. We've had a few woeful supports with the amount of midweek games we've had, so a strong support will hopefully help our summer 'TRANSFER WARCHEST*' 

Spoiler

*:ph34r:

Seen as we're reminiscing about the olden days I thought I'd add that this is one of my all-time favourite Dumbarton photos. Look at how packed that stand is - limbs flying absolutely all over the shop. Bryan Prunty running away celebrating :wub: That absolute shocker of  kit is the only thing that ruins it slightly.

31563699_1370047206475107_72782078764445

More than capable of winning this IMO, but also capable of chucking it. Just hope we are still in it come Saturday so we take a big crowd down.

If I hadn’t know it was an Arbroath fan who wrote this I would probably have presumed it was a Dumbarton fan.

Managed to find the highlights from the game in 2012..

That save at 3 minutes 55 from Grindlay was outstanding. Remember being right behind that and thinking it was a goal the whole way.

ETA: don’t know if the link worked. But lich tv on Vimeo has it

Archived