Arbroath v Dumbarton | Dumbarton v Arbroath | Championship Play Off Semi

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

I heard the same of home fans too. Sounds like a deliberate thing from the stewards, wonder how effective it was..

I don't know whether that's true, really. Your avatar Clive Dunn was only 48 when he took on the Cpl Jones character in Dads Army.

Disgusting behaviour. 

I've got to agree with the Arbroath fans here, it's outrageous that our stewards are doing their jobs. Do they not have anything better to do other than the work they're being paid to do?

I'll bet this has come right from the top at the club, the Chairman has obviously looked at our financial situation and decided that we need to be sure we're maximising our profits. It's sad that we've had to go to such extreme's of asking anyone who is claiming for a concession to prove that they are indeed a concession. I hope the club will adopt a more caring approach in the future for any entitled auld duffers from Arbroath wishing to visit our club.

I got ID'd buying Lucozade last month in Morrison's. You know what I did? Engaged in some mild supermarket patter whilst showing the woman my driving license. 

People who get raging about being asked for ID tend to be the 'DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM' types.

(See also; people who shout at the ticket person on trains when they are late.)

I think this is as good a time as any to mention a family member of mine, who does not qualify for an over 65 concession, happily walked/ staggered in the concession entrance on Saturday with no problem at all.

I guess all of these checks by the stewards are to stop scumbags like him cheating the system, but unfortunately he managed to sneak in under the radar this time  8)

Archived